Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

Fun
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Cork25 September 2017
Enjoyed my time working at SuperValu . I made great friends working here while improving my overall job skills and people skills. I recommend SuperValu as a place of work
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No benefits
Easy work but gets quite boring.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Killaloe, County Clare18 September 2017
Job is quite easy and other can have good chats with other employees. Job gets repetitive and a bit boring, but its easy to have a social live as there are many sound employees who you can swap days with if need be.
Very enjoyable place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mitchelstown, County Cork7 September 2017
SuperValu Mitchelstown offers a wonderful work environment. I worked here for approximately 9 months. The staff and managers are all very friendly and helpful. A typical working day involved unpacking deliveries, compiling orders, rotating stock and helping customers with their shopping.
Pros
Very pleasant staff and management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymahon, County Longford1 September 2017
From this job I have gained extensive customer service skills which I am very grateful for. I took on this jib to provide for myself during my college times and even tough it is an irrelevant carrier it still helped me to learn so much about customer service and satisfaction which will stand to me even in dental nursing. I had to deal with different types of customers on a daily basis and I can now handle a lot of customer complaints and solve customers problems.
Pros
Pay
great atmosphere
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 August 2017
Supervalu is a great workplace with a great atmosphere. other staff all work very well together and treat everybody equally. days were typically long, but i learned what it is like to work in a working enviroment.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long working days
Poor management and pay
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare16 August 2017
While at supervalu I realised that the management was very poor along with the pay. They hired young staff and used loop holes in the law to make sure your payed less then minimum wage for at least 2 years!
Pros
Young enviorment
Cons
Terrible pay
Friendly
Cash office / cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
I could never say anything bad about working here as its a fun place to work. Every day you meet new people and sometimes you could be the only thing that makes them smile that day. The management are brilliant and love to see you get on well with the customers. The people that you work with turn into your second family. The hardest part of this job is to leave but unfortunately things have to change.
Pros
Staff cards
Enjoyable and productive
Floor staff, butcher, till staff, delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Kildare15 August 2017
Typical work day involves dealing with customer inquiries, stacking shelves, co-operating with other employees to complete work and reporting to management after a task has been completed.
Productive and organised workplace.
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan4 August 2017
Hard work is involved but fair and friendly managers. It's a very organised workplace where hard work and vigilance is required. Working in SuperValu allowed me to gain several necessary skills such as cooperation, multitasking, persistence and social skills.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin4 August 2017
Productive workplace but on the other hand you can find yourself being left idle unless you have an assigned aile which is quite annoying and your day can become tedious

Want to know more about Supervalu Ireland?

Ask a question
Fun and challenging place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cahir, County Tipperary28 July 2017
The staff members were all very nice and they all knew how to behave with customers. I felt very welcome when I first started working. Customers also felt welcome and every time they needed help they never hesitated to ask.
Pros
Amazing staff members
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuam, County Galway20 July 2017
Difficult place to work due to working conditions.
Do not learn much, have to figure things out yourself.
management has been poor in the past year.
Cons
Long hours, no social life, very bad wages
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingscourt, County Cavan19 July 2017
i got to have the experience of working in supervalu as part of my work experience,working days are hard, but easy to get by as well, staff is friendly and easy to get along with
productive work ethic
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 July 2017
great job if are looking for experience. I learned to better my communication skills with customers and management. the typical day on the tills is serving customers, cash handling, making sure the my work station is tidy and dealing with any customer complaints.
Difficult place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
Not happy to work there at all. Family renting the business name. As family business they haven't been dealing justly with their staff at all.. Bad experience with bullying, a lot of stress at the end health issues
Productive Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 June 2017
A typical work day in Supervalu consists of, typical six to nine hour shifts, stock rotation and customer service. From working here for the past year I have learned many things while improving in others. in my time at Supevalu I learned how to properly face-off and how to organise deliveries, however I also in my skills with helping customers were possible with their queries.The management in this shop is very friendly and also effective as the managers mood decides how hard the staff work, the managers in Supervalu are very hard-working and will have a positive effect on any former employee as they would help them in gaining experience. The hardest part of working in Supervalu would be getting all the work given in a certain time as often you could be working till closing by yourself. The most enjoyable part about working here is that everybody that you work with is so helpful and friendly that you would see it like a second family.
Pros
Free Lunch ( if in canteen )
Cons
Long Hours
Relaxed
Baker/Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin15 June 2017
Good instore bakery, specialising in everyday fare, including celebration cakes, doughnuts ,brown soda etc, largely a positive working environment,with a good overall athmosphere
Pros
positive athmosphere
Cons
different pay scales for similar jobs
Poor place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuam, County Galway12 June 2017
I wouldn't recommend working with this company. They pay young staff below the minimum wage and management for the most part were very strict and annoying.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 June 2017
A typical day would include dealing with unforeseen customer problems and inquiries. Liaising with managers and operating as part of a large floor team. Depending on the department, work could include the cleaning of floors, utensils, shelves as well as the replenishing, rotating and organising of stock. Cashiers deal with large amounts of money throughout the day. At the end of each day, across all departments, preparation is made for the next shift.
Review
Checkout Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ranelagh, County Dublin7 June 2017
For the most part, I enjoyed working at SuperValu. Friendly staff who I worked well with. Management were fair to staff. Great environment to work in, in both the shop and the area, Ranelagh.
Pros
Great environment to work in and advancement.
Cons
Under staffed.