Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

Great place to get work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2018
A typical day in the shop: busy during rush hours, a lot work to keep the place running smoothly.
I have learned how to work in a fast work environment.
Brilliant job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork togher31 January 2018
Lovely staff and good nice community very easy to talk to the mangers are lovely .. there very welcoming and Liam Ryan is always giving the young people of the community a chance to start up in super valu
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
very productive with high expectations.hard company to work for.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  ireland30 January 2018
put counter in set up pre pack.do date check.check specials check sales make order.most enjoyable part of my job is watching staff evolve and freindly interaction with customers.and hitting those high sales of course.
Positive atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellingtonbridge, County Wexford26 January 2018
The HR management is very good and you are encouraged well when you are only beginning and finding your feet in the job. You must be able to multitask.
Fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deans Grange, County Dublin22 January 2018
Learned customer service skills and how to work with people
Laid back and friendly environment
Made lots of friends
Hardest part of job was juggling work and school
nice workplace at the start
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clare4 January 2018
was a nice workplace at the beginning, after a while was being pulled and dragged to every department of the store which i was used to and didnt mind but was told id be getting a pay increase as i was doing a lot of jobs that a regular employee wouldnt do. kept being told id be getting the pay increase soon and it would be backdated. booked holidays off then 3 weeks in advanced, another member of staff had to leave and then my holidays i booked were forgotten about. gave notice soon after this
Pros
nill
Cons
wasnt payed after closing hours even tho we were made stay and finish it all off
Helpful and positive
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork9 December 2017
Amazing place for work experience there always there for you if you have trouble and they always show you the positive side of the job it can also led to fun workplace
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Must be always available
Grand
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 December 2017
Not a bad place to work, easy job, busy during christmas but helps the time fly. Working on your feet in the kiosk for hours can be tough but apart from that great place to work.
Very good work envoironment
Baby advisor/health and wellness advisor (Former Employee) –  Dingle, County Kerry23 October 2017
Lovely managers and staff. Was a pleasure to work there. A very caring and understanding management team. I got new challenges daily which I loved and the training they provide was a great benefit.
Ideal for young person /students
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 October 2017
No union but they would be flexible.
Low pay just basic minimum wage.
Busy work environment but good environment and management approachable.
Flexible rota.
Pros
Parking christmas bonus
Fun
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Cork25 September 2017
Enjoyed my time working at SuperValu . I made great friends working here while improving my overall job skills and people skills. I recommend SuperValu as a place of work
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No benefits
Easy work but gets quite boring.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Killaloe, County Clare18 September 2017
Job is quite easy and other can have good chats with other employees. Job gets repetitive and a bit boring, but its easy to have a social live as there are many sound employees who you can swap days with if need be.
Very enjoyable place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mitchelstown, County Cork7 September 2017
SuperValu Mitchelstown offers a wonderful work environment. I worked here for approximately 9 months. The staff and managers are all very friendly and helpful. A typical working day involved unpacking deliveries, compiling orders, rotating stock and helping customers with their shopping.
Pros
Very pleasant staff and management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymahon, County Longford1 September 2017
From this job I have gained extensive customer service skills which I am very grateful for. I took on this jib to provide for myself during my college times and even tough it is an irrelevant carrier it still helped me to learn so much about customer service and satisfaction which will stand to me even in dental nursing. I had to deal with different types of customers on a daily basis and I can now handle a lot of customer complaints and solve customers problems.
Pros
Pay
great atmosphere
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 August 2017
Supervalu is a great workplace with a great atmosphere. other staff all work very well together and treat everybody equally. days were typically long, but i learned what it is like to work in a working enviroment.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long working days
Poor management and pay
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare16 August 2017
While at supervalu I realised that the management was very poor along with the pay. They hired young staff and used loop holes in the law to make sure your payed less then minimum wage for at least 2 years!
Pros
Young enviorment
Cons
Terrible pay
Friendly
Cash office / cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
I could never say anything bad about working here as its a fun place to work. Every day you meet new people and sometimes you could be the only thing that makes them smile that day. The management are brilliant and love to see you get on well with the customers. The people that you work with turn into your second family. The hardest part of this job is to leave but unfortunately things have to change.
Pros
Staff cards
Enjoyable and productive
Floor staff, butcher, till staff, delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Kildare15 August 2017
Typical work day involves dealing with customer inquiries, stacking shelves, co-operating with other employees to complete work and reporting to management after a task has been completed.
Productive and organised workplace.
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrickmacross, County Monaghan4 August 2017
Hard work is involved but fair and friendly managers. It's a very organised workplace where hard work and vigilance is required. Working in SuperValu allowed me to gain several necessary skills such as cooperation, multitasking, persistence and social skills.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin4 August 2017
Productive workplace but on the other hand you can find yourself being left idle unless you have an assigned aile which is quite annoying and your day can become tedious