Tesco Employee Reviews

Grocery packer tesco
Grocery Department (Current Employee) –  Terenure, County Dublin6 October 2017
Still working in this company 5 years now and hope to do another 5+ I love the job and pay is great as it rises every year , on €12.88 standard per hour now and time and a half Sundays with a solid 35 hour contract
Pros
Wage, nice colleagues
Cons
You need to keep ontop of your workload
relaxing workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 October 2017
Assisting customers find items, making sure my section looked presentable at all times. I worked on the checkouts when I was asked, I helped load deliveries into the store warehouse when I was asked. I did reductions on fresh foods at the start and end of my shift, I packed my section until it was full and everything was available to the customers, at the end of my shift I would recorded the daily waste from my section.
Pros
bonus employee clubcard
Cons
poor management
Good team
Technology Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin5 October 2017
Small team therefore you have the opportunity to do a lot more than the role would normally entail. Challenging with the ability to change a lot both from a process and role perspective.
work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbeyfeale, County Limerick4 October 2017
A typical day at work would involve taking in deliveries from other companies and going through a stock checklist to make sure everything ordered is in the delivery. Then going out on to the shop floor with trolleys to stock the shelves keeping them nice and tidy.
very frienndly place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan29 September 2017
get all the prices and signs in order and displayed before the shop opened.
price checks.
legal reports for legal price audits.
duty manager duties.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
n/a
good place just not given hurs needed
Checkout operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rathfarnham, County Dublin27 September 2017
I enjoyed working in Tesco as it was close to where I lived but the hours were always changing and with 3 kids this didn't suit.
Main role was checkouts and this was a busy area which I enjoyed
Staff are great
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Staff are so nice in this company. The management just need to appreciate them better and be realistic. The benefits are great. The work load is big and constantly changing everyday.
Benefits
great place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tramore, County Waterford25 September 2017
i have enjoyed working there, good collective and management. Good care of employees, great behavior. Nice night outs, charity events and other activities. Good organisation.
Fun work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wicklow19 September 2017
Tesco is a fun place to work if you are young and in college , or even looking for a first time job , there are allot of advantages to working in tesco, it is a stable job .
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
fun
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois15 September 2017
I enjoyed my time in Tesco and learned many skills in dealing with the general public.
I made many great friends through Tesco who still are friends now.
Pros
great canteen
Cons
no cons
Good Wage and Benefits.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County Dublin12 September 2017
Since i start working for Tesco i developed new skills and worked my way into management with them. The wage is good compared to alot of places. Your job is secure and there are good benefits for staff and a good career opportunity.
Pros
Staff discount, Career Opportunity
Cons
No overtime poor treatment by company
great team work
NIGHT PACKER (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare11 September 2017
I learned a lot about the company overall. Big emphasis on team work. Merchandising skills were used to good effect, but no customer interaction most of the time.
nice place to work.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford city, County Waterford5 September 2017
Good balance between work life and social life,Good pay and good oppourtunities for progression,very friendly staff and management very helpful also,easy job to catch on to nice job to be in, over all enjoyable place to work.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
no cons from me
For many years it was a good place to work but changed in my last year or so
General Operative including. Storeman (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2017
It was a great place of work for many years but a new ceo came in with a new plan and decided he was not going to honour hard earned contracts unfortunately redundancy began A valid reason for leaving.. Although it was a decent package and after 28years of loyal service my time at Tesco came to an end...
handy work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare4 September 2017
A good workplace that looks after its employees.the work is not very hard, anyone can do it. not many opportunities to move up the ladder. can be boring work.
Overall positive.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath30 August 2017
Was dismissed when asked about Point Of Sale till training. Deputy Manager delegated his own tasks to temporary staff which took us away from our own tasks. Learned about SEL allocation and understanding their layout. Developed an ease of flow that made working more efficient when it came to time management. Developed a habit of clearing shop floor of excess cardboard into empty waste cages, which lasted even after my employment ceased.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage.
Cons
Not enough hours.
hard work but fun
Merchandising stock onto shelves (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare30 August 2017
minimum shifts were 5 hours up to 10 if asked. i would be on the tills most of the time as that was my job description but if there were quite times i would be placed on the floor to pack and restock shelves. or i would be placed within the clothing department. work place atmosphere was good as there was alot of friendly staff. and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interation with all the customers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not very accomadating on work/life balance
Not a very nice experience overall
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 August 2017
management can be ignorant and rude to temporary & longtime staff, some of whom treat certain employees more favourably then others! Some of my colleagues were very mean spirited and not very friendly others I couldn't praise enough! Every other aspect I didn't have an issue with but still had a very unpleasant experience overall.
Pros
Uniform, good hours, new skills, canteen
Cons
some employees are unfriendly and mean spirited, unsociable hours, management can be ignorant
long hrs but a secure place to work
General Grocery Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 August 2017
an enjoyable place some times but mostly just repetitive work.Good sick pay scheme bank holidays and holidays are provided. staff do many things together pub evenings etc
Pros
staff canteen
Cons
no balance on shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler / Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin25 August 2017
Great community and mangement, would recommend to anyone! Everyone is really friendly and helpful and the food at the cantine is great as well. Give it a go!
Pros
Great cantine
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.