Tesco Employee Reviews

Pleasant
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
Working for Tesco was an enjoyable experience. It's a really good place to work if you want to learn the different sides to retail. I worked there for one year and i that amount of time i learned more than i ever would've thought. I gained experience in merchandising, floor work, exchanges/refunds, working a checkout, taking in deliveries and learned everything there is to know about working in a warehouse. What made Tesco so enjoyable was the people i worked with everyday! i also loved how much work the company does for charity.
What i didn't like about working in Tesco was that it got very stressful. It was very understaffed and they often gave unachievable workloads to staff.
Pros
people, hours, work
Cons
very understaffed
good work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow15 August 2017
Shelf packing, tills, ensuring cleanliness of the store
packing shelves
good management
Good workplace culture
wasn't hard
Chatting to my colleagues
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not applicable
no Chance to career improvement
GOODS-IN CHECKER (Current Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin15 August 2017
There are no chances to get on, salary not enough for Dublin.
But in general is a good and safe place to work as a first job, nice Management team and colleagues
First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork12 August 2017
Tesco was good place for me to start career in Ireland and I learnt alot of things over there. like work on checkout and system make me feel happy and confident.
Pros
Privilege Cards
Cons
Not really
enjoyable work environment
Longwalk Dundalk Cashier /Cust Services (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth6 August 2017
While a typical day was a repetition of tasks required to do my work.There was no typical day as it varied on a day to day basis.Interaction with customers was different dialy at many factors came in to play.
I learned great Customer Service skills realising that every customer acted differently to different situations.I learned how to empathise and also .I learned to strong and forceful in certain situations.
Pros
Flex time
friendly staff good benefits and opportunity
Price integrity team leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2017
Tesco provided good opportunity for those looking to progress into management and further. it is fast paced and runs on routine and deadlines. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful to all new comers and make you feel part of the team.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  IE24 July 2017
Tesco Ireland was my first job, it was called Crazy Prices at the time I learned to be punctual, and how to be a team player. I learned about stock rotation and eventually ended up as a warehouse worker giving me my first experience of taking in orders, checking orders and general warehouse experience.
Pros
Great Team, Learned warehouse trade
Cons
unsocial hours
productive and nice place to work
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois20 July 2017
Its a fast past work environment , you will prepare and cook food, serve customers , clean up work utensils and area of work. you work as part of a team and shift hours of four to eight hours per day.
Pros
tesco discount as an employer
Cons
no cons
it was an okay place to work
Hardware worker (Former Employee) –  Waterford , Ireland17 July 2017
Tescos was an okay place to work. it was more so a corporate style of business . I did like dealing with the public . but I did not enjoy there 20hr contracts.
Hard working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath15 July 2017
I learned the value of hard work and team work. I made some good friends who still talk to today and learned never be afraid to ask questions and always be on time.
Unfair and Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscrea, County Tipperary11 July 2017
Management team where very condescending and unfair to staff. Any problems we were told to go to the manager, and when we went, they were never resolved.
Fun Workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork15 June 2017
It was volunteer work in Tesco also, it was a very fun workplace and also loved dealing with customers. Management was very understanding to other workers and very pleasant to deal with.
Pros
Free lunches
Very busy workplace
Sales Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, Deli (Current Employee) –  Navan, County Meath10 June 2017
Working in this busy store has it's ups and downs.A typical day of work would consist of setting up the counters. Collecting delivery. Rotating products. Filling out logbooks and many more tasks.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
not enough staff
Ok to work for
Dot com Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2017
Started in 2011 and still present getting a bit fed up now with diffrent shift patterns coming into effect and the rostering off staff in my department and not giving contracts were the condtion are agreed by the union
Pros
Cheap lunches in canteen payed bank holidays payed holidays staff dicounts after 1yr.
Cons
Weekend work, long shifts, no full time contracts availble
Productive and Vibrant Work Culture
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bailieborough, Co Cavan, UK2 June 2017
A typical day includes packing delivery and ensuring your deliver is done in a timely and efficient manner, a lot of interactions with customers and it is your responsibility to ensure your section is tidy and products are readily available for customers the next day
great
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick1 June 2017
great to work for , great people. The customers were a pleasure to deal with and the regulars were always incredibly friendly.The staff were great to work with.
enjoyable
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  IE29 May 2017
I woked here for just under four years. I found the managers to be very accomodating when they could. Very approachable and genuine people. I did enjoy my time here until the end when it was under staffed and became not as fun to work in. I left as I wanted a job with set hours as I have a young child.
good
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2017
Good place to work. Learned a lot during my time there as a general shop assistant and lots of friendly staff there too.flexible hours and open mon-sunday
The place is not the best place to work but it was ok .
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midleton, County Cork15 May 2017
They treat people like rubbish , my wife and a few others was taken on and 4weeks later they were all let go again for no real reason, without any notice and to just finish up on the same day she was let go,
People that don't even work there are always complaining about the place saying the place is gone to the dogs,
I think it was very unfair how my wife was treated,
We don't even go shopping there as much anymore now.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Everything else
place to work
bakery department (Former Employee) –  dublin10 May 2017
just a number, they pay by the week.
Must do hours you are given. Poor training and treatment by management prone to a bullying culture.
Not a great place to work.
Cons
have to do hours you are given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.