Tesco Employee Reviews

Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath26 November 2017
Tesco is a good place to work and there are plenty of progression opportunities to be taken up if the desired individual was interested in progressing in this direction.Rate Of pay is very good
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
Evening and weekend work
productive professional workplace
checkout operator (Current Employee) –  County Mayo14 November 2017
working for Tesco Ireland for 7 years the pay is good the benefits are fair however i think Tesco Ireland has too many managers and a lot of them tend to look down on general assistants feels quite like being back in school.
Pros
pay well benefits
Cons
management
Work day
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin9 November 2017
I learned how to be on time, too pack down the delivary and to break down and do facing off, I learned how too work as part of a team as i had no experience before hand
Just for work...I do my best and more sales coming...
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin7 November 2017
Just smile and greeting for co worker....and also every guest in your shop......sometimes, the customer he don't know what he want or looking first product before he asking you....but you need to customer relation and good services until he pay for counter...I'm very happy and enjoy for my work....and you need to say Thank you Sir/ Mam...come again!
Pros
15 up to 20 minutes for lunch time....
Cons
9hours
Tesco was a good place to work .l worked with a good team and had a great floor manager
Shelf packer (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin6 November 2017
My day would start by tidying the shelfs and checking dates for reducing making sure that the stock was in date.I learned how to work on my own initiative. Hardest part of the job was when the dollies or cages were over load.The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the shelves tidy and looking well.
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
Doesnt have a work life balance
Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Tesco5 November 2017
At Tesco you are expected to put your job first. But if you have the right attitude you will have a chance to get on develop in the company. Management varies across Tesco and is something to watch out for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to trust people
Boring
Working the Customer Service desk for 2.5 years (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 October 2017
Dealing with customers on a daily basis some nice some angry very draining job with no reward other than a small pay check. Its a handy job for part timers
Its alright place to work nice colleagues
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2017
It's alright place to work but the management can be snobby and hard to deal with but the people I work with are great Craic to be with... Not allowed to talk all that much
Pros
Meeting nice people
Grocery packer tesco
Grocery Department (Current Employee) –  Terenure, County Dublin6 October 2017
Still working in this company 5 years now and hope to do another 5+ I love the job and pay is great as it rises every year , on €12.88 standard per hour now and time and a half Sundays with a solid 35 hour contract
Pros
Wage, nice colleagues
Cons
You need to keep ontop of your workload
relaxing workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 October 2017
Assisting customers find items, making sure my section looked presentable at all times. I worked on the checkouts when I was asked, I helped load deliveries into the store warehouse when I was asked. I did reductions on fresh foods at the start and end of my shift, I packed my section until it was full and everything was available to the customers, at the end of my shift I would recorded the daily waste from my section.
Pros
bonus employee clubcard
Cons
poor management
Good team
Technology Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin5 October 2017
Small team therefore you have the opportunity to do a lot more than the role would normally entail. Challenging with the ability to change a lot both from a process and role perspective.
work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbeyfeale, County Limerick4 October 2017
A typical day at work would involve taking in deliveries from other companies and going through a stock checklist to make sure everything ordered is in the delivery. Then going out on to the shop floor with trolleys to stock the shelves keeping them nice and tidy.
very frienndly place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan29 September 2017
get all the prices and signs in order and displayed before the shop opened.
price checks.
legal reports for legal price audits.
duty manager duties.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
n/a
good place just not given hurs needed
Checkout operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rathfarnham, County Dublin27 September 2017
I enjoyed working in Tesco as it was close to where I lived but the hours were always changing and with 3 kids this didn't suit.
Main role was checkouts and this was a busy area which I enjoyed
Staff are great
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
Staff are so nice in this company. The management just need to appreciate them better and be realistic. The benefits are great. The work load is big and constantly changing everyday.
Benefits
great place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tramore, County Waterford25 September 2017
i have enjoyed working there, good collective and management. Good care of employees, great behavior. Nice night outs, charity events and other activities. Good organisation.
Fun work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wicklow19 September 2017
Tesco is a fun place to work if you are young and in college , or even looking for a first time job , there are allot of advantages to working in tesco, it is a stable job .
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
fun
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois15 September 2017
I enjoyed my time in Tesco and learned many skills in dealing with the general public.
I made many great friends through Tesco who still are friends now.
Pros
great canteen
Cons
no cons
Good Wage and Benefits.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County Dublin12 September 2017
Since i start working for Tesco i developed new skills and worked my way into management with them. The wage is good compared to alot of places. Your job is secure and there are good benefits for staff and a good career opportunity.
Pros
Staff discount, Career Opportunity
Cons
No overtime poor treatment by company
great team work
NIGHT PACKER (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare11 September 2017
I learned a lot about the company overall. Big emphasis on team work. Merchandising skills were used to good effect, but no customer interaction most of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.