Tesco Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wicklow19 September 2017
Tesco is a fun place to work if you are young and in college , or even looking for a first time job , there are allot of advantages to working in tesco, it is a stable job .
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
Good Wage and Benefits.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County Dublin12 September 2017
Since i start working for Tesco i developed new skills and worked my way into management with them. The wage is good compared to alot of places. Your job is secure and there are good benefits for staff and a good career opportunity.
Pros
Staff discount, Career Opportunity
Cons
No overtime poor treatment by company
great team work
NIGHT PACKER (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare11 September 2017
I learned a lot about the company overall. Big emphasis on team work. Merchandising skills were used to good effect, but no customer interaction most of the time.
nice place to work.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford city, County Waterford5 September 2017
Good balance between work life and social life,Good pay and good oppourtunities for progression,very friendly staff and management very helpful also,easy job to catch on to nice job to be in, over all enjoyable place to work.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
no cons from me
For many years it was a good place to work but changed in my last year or so
General Operative including. Storeman (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2017
It was a great place of work for many years but a new ceo came in with a new plan and decided he was not going to honour hard earned contracts unfortunately redundancy began A valid reason for leaving.. Although it was a decent package and after 28years of loyal service my time at Tesco came to an end...
handy work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare4 September 2017
A good workplace that looks after its employees.the work is not very hard, anyone can do it. not many opportunities to move up the ladder. can be boring work.
Overall positive.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath30 August 2017
Was dismissed when asked about Point Of Sale till training. Deputy Manager delegated his own tasks to temporary staff which took us away from our own tasks. Learned about SEL allocation and understanding their layout. Developed an ease of flow that made working more efficient when it came to time management. Developed a habit of clearing shop floor of excess cardboard into empty waste cages, which lasted even after my employment ceased.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage.
Cons
Not enough hours.
hard work but fun
Merchandising stock onto shelves (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare30 August 2017
minimum shifts were 5 hours up to 10 if asked. i would be on the tills most of the time as that was my job description but if there were quite times i would be placed on the floor to pack and restock shelves. or i would be placed within the clothing department. work place atmosphere was good as there was alot of friendly staff. and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interation with all the customers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not very accomadating on work/life balance
Not a very nice experience overall
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 August 2017
management can be ignorant and rude to temporary & longtime staff, some of whom treat certain employees more favourably then others! Some of my colleagues were very mean spirited and not very friendly others I couldn't praise enough! Every other aspect I didn't have an issue with but still had a very unpleasant experience overall.
Pros
Uniform, good hours, new skills, canteen
Cons
some employees are unfriendly and mean spirited, unsociable hours, management can be ignorant
long hrs but a secure place to work
General Grocery Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 August 2017
an enjoyable place some times but mostly just repetitive work.Good sick pay scheme bank holidays and holidays are provided. staff do many things together pub evenings etc
Pros
staff canteen
Cons
no balance on shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler / Warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin25 August 2017
Great community and mangement, would recommend to anyone! Everyone is really friendly and helpful and the food at the cantine is great as well. Give it a go!
Pros
Great cantine
good workplace
Team Leader, General Assistant, Shop Floor (Current Employee) –  Kilrush, County Clare24 August 2017
Overall a good place to work with easy path to progression within the company. Salary is very compeitive for the work that is done. Benefits are good also with SAYE schemes and pension scheme available.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
Unsociable hours
Productive Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roscrea, County Tipperary21 August 2017
Two weeks work experience during Transition Year in school. Some of the management was very friendly and helpful while others not so friendly and helpful. To be honest I felt slightly overworked, it was very hard work for long hours (8am to 6pm) as I was only 15 at the time and obviously I wasnt being paid either. However, I made no complaints and carried on with the work. I recieved a €20 voucher for tesco at the end of the week.
Pros
Breakfast in the mornings.
Cons
Long hours for a young person.
Pleasant
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
Working for Tesco was an enjoyable experience. It's a really good place to work if you want to learn the different sides to retail. I worked there for one year and i that amount of time i learned more than i ever would've thought. I gained experience in merchandising, floor work, exchanges/refunds, working a checkout, taking in deliveries and learned everything there is to know about working in a warehouse. What made Tesco so enjoyable was the people i worked with everyday! i also loved how much work the company does for charity.
What i didn't like about working in Tesco was that it got very stressful. It was very understaffed and they often gave unachievable workloads to staff.
Pros
people, hours, work
Cons
very understaffed
good work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow15 August 2017
Shelf packing, tills, ensuring cleanliness of the store
packing shelves
good management
Good workplace culture
wasn't hard
Chatting to my colleagues
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not applicable
no Chance to career improvement
GOODS-IN CHECKER (Current Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin15 August 2017
There are no chances to get on, salary not enough for Dublin.
But in general is a good and safe place to work as a first job, nice Management team and colleagues
First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork12 August 2017
Tesco was good place for me to start career in Ireland and I learnt alot of things over there. like work on checkout and system make me feel happy and confident.
Pros
Privilege Cards
Cons
Not really
enjoyable work environment
Longwalk Dundalk Cashier /Cust Services (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth6 August 2017
While a typical day was a repetition of tasks required to do my work.There was no typical day as it varied on a day to day basis.Interaction with customers was different dialy at many factors came in to play.
I learned great Customer Service skills realising that every customer acted differently to different situations.I learned how to empathise and also .I learned to strong and forceful in certain situations.
Pros
Flex time
friendly staff good benefits and opportunity
Price integrity team leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2017
Tesco provided good opportunity for those looking to progress into management and further. it is fast paced and runs on routine and deadlines. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful to all new comers and make you feel part of the team.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  IE24 July 2017
Tesco Ireland was my first job, it was called Crazy Prices at the time I learned to be punctual, and how to be a team player. I learned about stock rotation and eventually ended up as a warehouse worker giving me my first experience of taking in orders, checking orders and general warehouse experience.
Pros
Great Team, Learned warehouse trade
Cons
unsocial hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval