The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ingles
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 May 2017
Al ser todo en ingles siempre cuesta un poco mas cuando no es tu lengua,pero la verdad es que fue una buena experiencia.
Iba pocas horas por la tarde y aprendí bastante.
Pros
hablar ingles
Cons
la ayuda de la gente era escasa
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2017
had such a good time working here made loads of friends managers were lovely hours were great was treated good would work there again was happy there x
Pros
made friends
Cons
Would never work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louth14 April 2017
There was a horrible work/life balance. They don't care about your problems. In college and I was never allowed any time off for exams or study. There is no job security or advancement. Older staff members make you feel awful about yourself. I felt like I had little to no experience whereas I had 6.5 years in the retail industry. I used to dread going into work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, no chance of advancement, horrible management, bullying by older staff members
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 April 2017
It's right in the heart of Dublin City, which is amazing. Fun an energetic place to work, always encouraging people to go higher.
Loved being there for the past seven years.
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath3 March 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Great staff and management. Relaxed uniform policy and great camaraderie.

I would highly reccomend working for thus company
Pros
Great work environment, management are all very approachable and helpful
Cons
not enough hours
Na
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Carrickmines, County Dublin18 February 2017
Great place to start, friendly staff, good place to work with
Very busy shop, learn something new everyday, friendly manager very fun place to work,
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Great overall
Buen ambiente
planta de caballeros. Vendedor (Former Employee) –  IE1 January 2017
Venta de prendas en planta joven
El idioma, la experiencia, etc
Buena directiva
Buen ambiente
La dificultad con el idioma
Aprender a entender y tener más paciencia frente a las adversidades
hard work, a lot of pressure, long hours, standing for long periods
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Cork20 December 2016
very structured hard work. the place is always a mess so its very hard to control the mess. long hours of standing all day.
the co worker are all lovely they are by far the best part of the job
Pros
good wage, lovely co workers, good lunch breaks
Cons
long hours, messy floor always hard to control, never get out on time.
good work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  IE25 October 2016
TJX is good to work for and good money. I learned a lot in my year there. Only one negative not enough hours and maximum 20 hour contract.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Connacht26 September 2016
Unfair hours, short shifts, misleading information from management when taking on staff, unsupportive management, lack off communication between management and sales staff, cutting shifts on a daily basis and staff left losing out on wedges.

Discount is good 10% for you and family member.
No loyalty to staff your only a number on there pay roll.
Team leaders are unprofessional in there role and don't lead by explain.
Don't no if this is in all stores but I am one of many people to leave mine in the last number off weeks. brought in for 4 hour shifts and expected the work of an 8 hour shift to be achieved.

Get first pick off all the stuff that comes in best part of the job in my opinion.

if your looking for a nice work place with stable hours this is not the job for you.
Pros
Discount, lovely customers.
Cons
unfair hours, management don't support staff.
Fun and friendly work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois20 September 2016
Typically I would deal with all customer queries and complaints as well as all refunds and damaged goods. I would also deal with all phone calls to and from the business. I would take sales and also be required to help in the cash office.
Both staff and management were friendly and worked as a team.
The most difficult part of the job was probably the lack of hours as the job in itself was in no way difficult to perform.
The most enjoyable aspect was getting to work as part of a team.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, store discount and bonus incentives
Cons
Lack of hours
fun, friendly caring work environment
Jewellery Team lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  limerick ireland30 June 2016
friendly staff and management team, always there to give a helping hand, fun, friendly neat environment. Managers are always open and approachable. fun and friendly canteen area with various games and pool table. I learned how to work together as part of a team to achieve results. i learned how to take my other co-workers ideas into account and how to expand on them. i learned how to overcome difficult customers and aggressive situations.
Pros
staff discount
nice staff
point Prospect Hill. Shop/Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  galway16 June 2016
over all nice too work in the shop but can have long hours and never finish on time, Management can be hard on staff but fair if you are interested in learning about retail its the company for you
Pros
lunch breaks
fun workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 April 2016
very fun staff. enjoyed learning and staff always had time to teach others. hours seemed okay and management was very kind.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
EXCELLENT company to work for. The most enjoyable job i have had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath12 April 2016
The staff are the back bone of this company. All of the team in our store were excellent. we were like a family. Excellent co-workers, happy work place with high moral. If I wasnt emmigrating I probably would never have left this job. Room for progression... 5* company.
good place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2016
it is a good place to work, if you need money the pay is really good but the hours are stressful and it is an extreme pace job the management system wasn't that good in my branch I worked in.
Pros
10% disscount
Cons
stressful hours
Very fun, friendly and polite team
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 March 2016
My day use to start from daily brief and list what to do , I blended very easy to the team and learned to adopt to new store merchandising and rules. Management very high educated and motivated, friendly and polite, Team very polite and friendly accepted very close understanding, hardest time in work was short hours as part timer , so always was wishing full time to work with such good team.
Pros
no benefits
Cons
short hours
please adhere to the ratings above
Customer Service Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Limerick City,1 December 2015
Every day was different within the company. variety of duties required to do on a daily basis. Targets and goals to be met. The people in the company were great to work with.
Cons
Hours subject to change
Really a good place to work
CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  DROGHEDA BRANCH, CO LOUTH10 October 2015
It was a really good and fun place to work. Did about product display. How to build good customer relations and quality service. The colleagues were great and my supervisor then was approachable and nice. I state here that it was sad having to leave after just 3 months because it was a temporary appointment.
Pros
Management were very friendly is a good place to work
Cons
That my contract ended soon
Typical day at work
Multi - Site Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cork City & Tralee3 October 2015
My role was to investigate all losses to the company be them internal or external. I enjoyed my time here up to when i left.
Pros
Good salary and life work balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.