Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Stressful
Electronic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT20 January 2018
Hired to complete task of getting units ready for others to work.
Worked with I2C circuits.
The hardest part of the job was running the wire through places that had limited access through.
Pros
Loved doing the work
Cons
no benefits
Team work great support
Instrument Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 January 2018
It is a place where team work is strong and the tools are given to succeed. Unfortunately there is constant restructuring and changes to the teams. Depending where you are located it requires a lot of traveling.
Pros
great resources
Cons
constant restructuring
Slow paced facility
Sr. Commodity Manager - Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC19 January 2018
I work at Thermo Fisher facility in Asheville, NC. This plant is the largest LED site in the US, in terms of revenue. Its culture is terrible, as the team, management included, is resistant to changes.
ok
Assembly Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA18 January 2018
ok it a great company to work for if you cons tally focus on growth you will get opportunity there they have good people good products they will teach you good thigs
Pros
ok
Cons
n/a
Great Work / Life Balance and Very Good Manager
International Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA17 January 2018
I truly enjoy working for TFS. My manager is the best person I have ever worked for and the company treats everyone with respect. Most people find the advancment and support they are looking for with this company.

My only real complaint is that even when local managment is aware of a problem, they can be helpless until corporate says it is okay. Headcounts, position changes, salary disputes are all situations where the people involved are fully aware of the details, but it is decieded by persons who are so disconnected from the situation they can not possibly grasp the real story.
Pros
Great people, Great managers, Work / Life balance
Cons
Even when managment is aware of issues, they can't do anything about it until corporate okays it.
Never worked there. No comment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA17 January 2018
Life Technologies was brought out by Thermal Fisher. I left the company just prior to the transition. I have no opinion on Thermo-Fisher. Based on their market sector they appear to be doing well.
Hard working and Intense
Clinical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO16 January 2018
This was a great company but it was very fast paced and they expected a lot from their sales reps. Management was hit or miss but the sales force turns over very quickly.
Buen lugar para desarrollarse profecionalmente
Ingeniero en manufactura (Current Employee) –  Matamoros, Tamps.16 January 2018
un lugar con muchos valores que te hacen crecer profecionalmente.
Pros
Prestaciones muy buenas
Flexible
Scientist 1 (Current Employee) –  High Point, NC15 January 2018
One aspect of Thermal Fisher Scientific that I loved is the flexible time and the understanding from management for my personal needs. When I first came on board, I was a single mother with no family in the area. So when I needed to handle personal situations, I could without feeling guilty of neglecting my job. They were very understand of my motherly duties and family emergencies. You do wear multiple hats which gives you the opportunity learn different areas of the company. They also provide you with all the training and courses you need to grow.
A large global corporation that delivers shareholder value
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY15 January 2018
Fast-paced, highly-competitive. The science market is very diverse as are the products that the company offers, so the opportunity exists for great mental challenge and contribution towards making a true impact on society.
Nagyon jó munkahely.. családias, jó csapat
Termelés vezető (Current Employee) –  Budapest15 January 2018
Egy jó csapat minden részről..
Számíthattunk egymásra.
Jó együtt dolgozni
A társosztályokkal jó együtt működni
Trabajo regular. Beneficios y climas buenos. Salarios bajos,
QA Logistic Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Capital Federal, Buenos Aires15 January 2018
Capacitación constante acerca de los procesos internos de la empresa por parte del Dpto de Aseguramiento de Calidad.
Pros
Prepaga cubierta por la companía. Comedor en planta. Buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Desarrollo de Carrera limitado. Salarios bajo la media.
Good people
Jr. Supply Chain Specialist/Expeditor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
Standard mon-fri job, felt like I was stuck and not much room for growth within location.
The staff was great and very personable.
Everyone was always willing to help
Strong company who work you hard
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Inchinnan, Renfrewshire15 January 2018
Finance is non stop, you are busy all the time, never a dull moment. Month end is a full on week where you work several 12 hour shifts.
The people you work with are great and thats what keeps you going, as it is a big company you can get the opportunity to move to different teams and learn new skills. The site management at Inchinnan are great and really appreciate the workers and make it a great place to work and make you feel valued as an employee.
Pros
gym, pension, onsite canteen, benefits, bonus
Cons
Horrible place to work at
Lead Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA14 January 2018
They have no sense of work life balance.
Very petty.
Very low morale and for a company that is in North County, it is inconceivable that they don't allow flexibility for working parents living south of Carlsbad.
Oh wait they do allow it for certain people :(
This was a temporary job through an agency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loughborough14 January 2018
A friendly place to work for and although the position was temporary, I was treated with the same respect and courtesy as permanent members of staff.
some issues while un-employed
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 January 2018
Worked for Thermo or one of the predecessor companies for a total of 53 years.

After they eliminated manufacturing from the local area, I did not really get any real assistance in locating a new job. They did give the laid off employees a severance package based on years of service.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, IL12 January 2018
I don't care to give a review on this company at this time. I don't have anything to really say except it was a great location for me to get to work....
Very Stressful and hostile work environment.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, IL10 January 2018
Managers play favoritism, unfair decisions about your performance, poor training and culture at the company is very stressful. Micromanaging, no opportunities for development and great training.
Peers are friendly and always willing to help you with any concerns or questions.
Managers are not qualified for the role and have no skills to manage others.
Very stressful work environment and high turnover of employees.
No opportunities for grow and professional development.
Pros
Free launches, potlucks, great benefits for health, and dental insurance, 401k match.
Cons
very stressfull work environment.
Fun and productive place to work
Senior Manager, QA\QC (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 January 2018
Enjoy my job and working for Thermo. The culture is good and the work is interesting. Management is very supportive and benefits are good. The company is well run, and I really like my CRO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.