Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

lots of fun days at work
Supply Center Specialist Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NY18 November 2017
love my job hopfully i can find it when i relocate love the people i wouk with love being on site and remote. all my coustemers know me by name and i am a great asset
Pros
working remote
Cons
to much computer work
Stressful workplace with overbearing managment .
Associate Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NY18 November 2017
Immature co-workers will make you feel like you're in high school all over again. A lack of job security will make you fear of losing your job over small mistakes once they feel the need to terminate people to increase profits. Beware.
Thermo was a great spring board I ended up at Teledyne from here
Thermoelectric Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA17 November 2017
We were working on thermo electric materials for extraterrestrial applications for what was known at the time as star wars initiative.
This was very challenging work and a lot of fun with great people.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
lack of advancement potential
ich war sehr zufrieden mit der firma dionex softron
Montagearbeiter endmontage (Former Employee) –  Germering17 November 2017
- Arbeitsklima sehr motivierend (früher)
- nach Übernahme starke Veränderung
Pros
Zuschuss für Essen, Getränke frei
Cons
----
Repetitive work in a production environment, issues that are too big for a small team
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA15 November 2017
The hardest part of the job is when you realize you're only as fast as your weakest link. If someone in the production line is slow and they don't move fast normally, that particular task can get very slow and boring after a while. There isn't much enforcement either. Too many employees waiting to be told what to do rather than taking initiative. Its a "what will I get out of it" culture sometimes.
Cons
good
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PA15 November 2017
Great working atmosphere! I started as a contractor and recently was converted to a full-time employee and I never felt like a contractor during that time. I've always felt like I've had support and opportunity to expand my skill set. Upon the end of my contract, my manager was working hard to locate opportunities for me to stay with the company and really kept me updated on her progress. A few days into my new role …
Nice Place to work
Supplier Performance Analyst, Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA14 November 2017
Enjoyed the people i have met and worked with.
The supply chain department is well structured and staffed
with competent management. It is difficult to influence supplier
outcomes, and the buyer role should be either better defined
or changed to supply chain analyst or management role,
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Infrequent promotion
Good Place to Start Your Career
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA12 November 2017
For new grads, you'll get to learn a lot about the manufacturing industry and learn the company structure - how different departments intermingle and support each other. I don't recommend staying within the same department for very long. Most people who move up tend to move around. The people that stay within the department usually stay in their roles for a very long time and are unhappy.
Counting and adjusting inventory counts
Sr. Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD11 November 2017
My job was to cycle count the inventory for a bio tech company. I also took care of all metrics to send to managers. Worked with the labs to make sure their inventory was accurate and dealt with auditors.
Pros
Deskjob
Cons
lack of support
Good Place to work
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX11 November 2017
Good place to work. Great coworkers and employees. The only reason i left was because the division was closing down and everyone at the facility was being laid off.
Good place
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PR11 November 2017
A lot of team work is what is positive. Old facilities are the downside. Also, I was hired through a temp agency and was under contract. People had no way of being hired as full-time employee.
Thermo used to be a great place to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anonymous8 November 2017
This company has grown exponentially over the years and and is now only concerned with pleasing shareholders and profits. The morale in the field is terrible and management is only worried about the bottom line.
OK, but needs management work
Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO8 November 2017
The company is a good company, my particular work experience has not been good. Lack of training, advancement, management. Good working hours and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Training, advancement
Nice job for a young person
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN7 November 2017
The job does not pay well in comparison with other pharmaceutical companies in the area. The management team is somewhat political. The job is about who they know and like more than the qualification of the employee.
Good benefits, lack of advancement opportunities
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH6 November 2017
The pay was competitive and benefits were pretty reasonable.
The lack of opportunity for advancement was my reason for leaving.
Also, it was a high school type atmosphere with cut throat and bitter workers looking for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement and work culture
ThermoFisherScientific. Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Project /Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA6 November 2017
TFS is by far one of the best companies. I had work for and by far one of the top global biotechnology companies. It has an exciting culture, outstanding leadership and fun place to work.
Pros
Great Work / Life Balance
Forward Thinking
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IL5 November 2017
Great Company. They have many benefits for employees and are consistently trying to advance to the next level. Different divisions have better benefits.
Terribly Managed
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MA5 November 2017
I worked for the AQI division. I also worked for other divisions of Thermo Fisher Scientific. I have to say that the different divisions have varying cultures. The top management of the company are not concerned about the welfare of their employees and they do not care about their customers. They are 110% about pleasing their shareholders and it is all they ever talked about during quarterly or annual meetings. Most of the time that culture trickled down to the lowest part of the chain. They hired managers that are less than qualified for the position and have no clue how to run anything. They used to have a very solid product but when they laid off half their customer service reps, half their product support reps, half of everything to cut costs and please their shareholders, there was no support whatsoever and it was frustrating for the customers to have to deal with technical problems that the plant should have been able to easily work out. It was very frustrating spending time soothing customers rather than actually making sales. They also had unrealistic expectations entering new markets without a solid plan. When they laid off so many people, there was too much pressure to do the work of those people. That ended up causing people who remained to work overtime to compensate. The work-life balance was horrible.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Badly managed
under pay, over worked, no respect for their employees
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA4 November 2017
No career growth, poor management skill, benefits is good, compensation is very low, negative work culture, no support, I wouldn't recommend working for Thermo Fisher
High stress, unreasonable expectations, poor management.
Senior Operator, Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC2 November 2017
Constantly fighting with my direct supervisor due to unfair distribution of workloads. He refuses to address issues that I've brought in front of him, but instead actually DEFENDS the situation that is causing issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.