Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Victoria Secret
Shipment merchant (Current Employee) –  Westland, MI17 November 2017
I really enjoyed being a shipment merchant a Victoria' Secret but the vibe from co workers and management was the worst. I only worked there a short period of time due to being terminated, because of tardiness. The manager that was over shipping when I got hired he worked with me knowing my car was down and then the manager that came back from vacation was really rude and not very much helpful. Felt like she had it out for me.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Productive and Fun!
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OH17 November 2017
In my store at least, you are always being developed and can learn as much as you want to, which is what I love about it! The girls there become your best friends and your managers become your role models (if you plan on sticking with retail as a career). The discount and gratis opportunities are amazing!
Great place for a people person
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX16 November 2017
Great place to meet new people everyday if you are social and like to be around new faces. The company pays very well and takes care of all their employees.
Great Place to Work
Operational & Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Millburn, NJ16 November 2017
Amazing groups of managers any store you go to. The company overall is very motivating, caring, and concerned of the growth of its employees. They love to shower you with gifts as well for working so hard!
Pros
Gratis'
Cons
Retail Hours
Pink Girl
Pink Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto Mall15 November 2017
Holiday time is very fast pace and busy. Hours are ok until holiday peak is over. Over all nice place to work at. They give you a discount at Victoria Secret and Bath and Body Works.
Decent place to work
Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY15 November 2017
It really depends on the store. Overall there's no work life balance, its very competitive and is a true sales culture. It's mostly females working, so it can get stressful.
Productive and fast-paced with a competitive team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ15 November 2017
Working at VS during the holiday season is stressful, but easy. I learned how to provide customer service, remerchandise, and zone problematic areas in the store (such as the panty tables). Management was good, but with so many workers, you really have to make your presence known in order to get through to them. The competitive part of VS comes in once you become a sales associate and not just a cashier, when you start painstakingly working for the commission on a sale. The hardest parts of working for Victoria's Secret were the workers, even some of management, and the environment. The discount of 30% (40% during fashion week) made it hard to keep my paychecks from going back into the company. What I enjoyed most was being able to help people find what they were looking for or any additional help at the register.
Pros
pretty undergarments everywhere
Cons
no benefits for part-timers
Great job to have. Can be stressful.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA15 November 2017
I love working at Valley Fair. The mall is amazingly high Tech. The environment is super friendly to new hires. Employees and managers are every understanding if you talk to them about anything. I thoroughly enjoy working here and am looking forward to the experience of working with The angels.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Fast-predict
Fun Environment but COMPETITIVE
BRA FIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA15 November 2017
As a part of working with all women, there often comes drama and a quick turn over rate. As long as your dedicated to sales, you'll be fine. however, you must make your quota and be willing to accept that you will not stop striving for more.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours fluctuation
It's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
A great supportive management team, yet unpredictable hours alone with slim to no benefits. Another benefit was that it provided great training and acknowledge individual achievements.
Too stressful
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX14 November 2017
Too many expectations for a sales associate. Felt like I had to change who I was in order to work there. The environment was competitive, even though, the job was paid by the hour , it felt like it was based on commissions. Inventory was always a mess and sales was an even bigger mess.
Great Environment Lack of Advancement
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 November 2017
Victoria's Secret offered a fun and glamorous work environment. I met a lot of my best friends working there, and I learned that I love to make women feel confident. I was a very good visual merchandiser and sales person and was not allowed the advancement that I felt was warranted because I was too young and not taken seriously at my store.
Pros
Gratis, Free stuff, discounts
Cons
Management, Organization
generally catty co-workers, doesnt pay enough
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJ14 November 2017
They start people at exactly minimum wage, and after a year I never got a raise. I ALWAYS worked overtime for them. My store manager was an amazing sweet lady but some of the category managers could be really insensitive and downright mean.
If you have tattoos be prepared to cover up even in the heat. No piercings either. They definitely want you to maintain a certain image.
Once you make friends it can be a really fun environment, and it being busy helps a lot. It is a lot to clean up and that sucks, the customers are rude there for some reason also. not sure what it is. The overnight ad-sets are actually the best shifts to EVER work.
Holiday hours are ridiculous (3 am on black Friday!!!!)
Also they don't do much of anything for their employees.
The best benefit of working there is when a new bra launches and you are trained on it you either get the bra at a steep discount ( sometimes they give you them for like $10 or a set of bra and panties for like $15) or sometimes if the company is feeling generous they will give you one free.
Pros
discounts are good
Cons
short breaks, long hours, bad work environment
Felt welcomed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Berry, GA14 November 2017
The people welcomed me soon as i walked in. They will call you anytime and update you on any changes. They do their best to help you. A typical day at work is relaxing. The holidays are about to hit so they will become stressful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow unless holidays
Fun environment, commission based
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL14 November 2017
Not that it's all cracked up to be, boring commission based must meet sales goals, I feel like you work hard then when you get your paycheck it's not very much
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO14 November 2017
Working at Victoria Secret is one to the best companies in retail to work at in my opinion. The discounts are great and you learn a lot about every item in the store to be able to sell it. the pay is different depending on your position title and what you will be doing for the store so it all depends.
Pros
Gratis, Discounts
Cons
Panty Drawers
Productive and Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI14 November 2017
Very fun working here I can not complain other than some of the customers can be quite rude at times. The management team were great and I enjoyed my temporary time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude people
I enjoyed working with my team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FL14 November 2017
Victoria's Secret was a great learning experience. I definitely enhanced my customer service skills & learned how to work well with people & please my customers.
Very demanding
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY14 November 2017
Working at Victoria's Secret was very demanding. It required me to work long, ridiculous hours. Working in the visual department meant I had daily tasks to accomplish all while helping women find what they need. You are also required to take a class, during your training, on how to measure females and how to provide customers with the right size and fit for their body type.
Good benefits and open environment for fun and creativity.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OH13 November 2017
Victoria Secret tries to promote a fun a and relaxed atmosphere to be able to help the employees through the rough holiday seasons. The benefits that are provided are very good and they provide many different types of education regarding benefits and health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.