Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,627 reviews
If you're into marketing and bras, then this is the place for you.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV20 September 2017
Working at VS is great. Management is wonderful, and your co-workers are too. Now it can be really hectic during the semi annual sale, and you will see those lines grow tremendously long. However, there's nothing you won't learn to handle once you start.
Pros
discounts, fun enviornment
Cons
short breaks/ limited hours
WorkPlace
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI20 September 2017
Meeting Sales goals is a constant, makes the store propelled its sales so we can invite new product in the store. Co-workers are great to be on a team with. If you do your job correctly everything and everyone flows together.
Great managment, flexible hours, good team environment
Stock Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GA 3051920 September 2017
Worknig for Victoria's Secret as a stock assocaite helped me learn to replenish and place merhcnadise on the floor up to brand standards. I learned sensoring techniques, and worked on various different projects on the floor. I was also put on the register and learned to work with the register system at the store. Training was easy to understand and management made sure I was doing well and keeping up. Overall great experience.
Only part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 September 2017
Great place to work. Management is great a is very flexible with schedules great work students or someone not able to work full time lots of perks like free bras
Positie work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA19 September 2017
A typical day at work is making sure the product on the floor is full. I learned to move with intent and to also the management were great. the hardest part of the job would be refilling product when there is customers all around.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
gets hectic when there is a ton of customers
Interesting work enviroment
Sales Representative/Manager (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NY18 September 2017
A typical work week consisted of a customer coming in and buying various clothing items. I liked the managemnet. What i didnt like about the job was floor set and how, because we had a small store everyone had to stay after closing and change the whole store according to district. We definitly worked hard for our discounts.
Fun
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IA18 September 2017
Fun place to work if you like to have co-workers around you all the time. Customers are usually nice. Not too hard of a job. The only time it get kind of bad is during all the major holidays, other than that it's pretty pleasant.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Sales Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Victoria's Secret . The environment was always high energy , fast paced and friendly competition. The only disppointment was, as an employee you can and will go above and beyond for Victoria's Secret. But, don't expect them to do the same in return. No matter how hard you work or effort and time you've given to the company. If you make one mistake, you're fired at the drop of a dime. No warning, no conversation, just Fired! Talk about company loyalty.
Pros
Great discounts, great incentives
Cons
sometimes no breaks, never get off on time, high external theft, poor management, poor communication
Poor Management pushes out good employees
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA18 September 2017
Poor management within the company pushes good sales associates out the door. Breaks are often forgotten about, management blames staff for being over hours when that isn't associated fault, consistently takes your call ins and keeps you hours later than scheduled. If you try to leave on time or ask to leave on time you get treated poorly and told that you are lazy. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free clothes on occasion
Cons
Over worked & under paid & no room for growth
victoria secret
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  W Des Moines, IA18 September 2017
It is a great place to work for. You are consistently busy and never bored. The people are their to help and want you to do your best. Plus you get a discount with the product and bath and body works.
Pros
discount
It was where i realized that retail was not a place for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 September 2017
I was able to learn a lot as far as customer service. I was able to brush up on my communication skills as well as learn the challenges in working in a competitive environment.
N/a
Product Manager/Category Manager/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA17 September 2017
Its a high pace and intense work environment , you get what you put in you learn a lot if you chose to listen. Depending on the Management team you have at the store it can be great or bad
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
unhealthy environment
Fragrance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NY17 September 2017
Victoria's Secret work environment is very unhealthy.constantly battling your coworkers for your sales, not a team.Your fellow associates stealing you
Pros
nothing compensates for the cons
Cons
unhealthy environment, associates steal sales, poor management, low income, no benefits
Very fast paced
Cashier, Beauty Specialist, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CA17 September 2017
It a very good work environment and I enjoyed working there just needed more work hours. Getting the satisfaction of helping people and making their day.
Good Pay, but uptight and shady management.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA16 September 2017
The pay was good for a college student like myself. I didnt work too many hours, but was still making ends meet. Once the new manager arrived, the work environment changed. I was always uncomfortable and felt like i couldnt be myself. She was getting rid of old associates to bring in her new team.
Pros
Great Discounts and Pays.
Cons
Short shifts, and bad management.
Great Place for Part Time
Back Room Assistant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA16 September 2017
I worked as a part time sales associate and then also as a temporary back room sales lead during the holidays. I preferred working in the back room and doing the organization. They paid well and it was a good working environment.
Work with a great team
Certified company trainer (Former Employee) –  10 store from Lower new your to Albany15 September 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Trained and hire the staff at 10 stores. Would visit the store and review floor presentation as well as go over sales.
Pros
Great company and excellent quality product
Fun environment
Sales Associate/ visual presentation (Former Employee) –  Murray, UT15 September 2017
Fast paced, fun environment. Low pay so it is great for young kids getting a foot in the door, but unless you move up with the company the pay isn't enough to live on.
Pros
fantastic discount
Cons
low pay
There was 100% turnover in the Management Staff within one Calendar year
Staffing & Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI14 September 2017
Within one year, there was a 100% turnover in the management staff and the store went through a remodel.

This created quite a bit of uncertainty within the staff and things started to fall apart...with some of the strongest of our selling staff leaving. Basically, almost starting over in some aspects.
Pros
Fantastic product discounts and free products
Cons
Inadequate Staff for the overall needs of the store. Running "lean"
All In, We Win Mentality
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ14 September 2017
These wonderful individuals work extremely hard to meet goals. Our policy is All In, We Win. If everyone is working hard it shows and definitely pays off at the end of the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.