Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Wells Fargo Bank
Business Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solana Beach, CA18 September 2017
Great place to work and develop a career.
I definitely recommend this company to anyone who is inclined to follow a career path in banking and finance.
Conmpetitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 September 2017
Wells Fargo has amazing training. I learned a lot working for Wells Fargo as far as sales/service techniques. They have a really thorough training program.
overall bad experience
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  IA18 September 2017
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with questions regarding options to save their home if experiencing hardship and possibly facing foreclosure.
You will learn hard work, systems, regulations, personal development

management was lacking in many aspects
excessive delegation of extra work or process changes

most staff is fun and easy to get along with
people i work with was the best part of the job
The team of workers I worked with , were good team workers . The new hires now are not dependable and take a lot of time off.
Call Center Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Minnesota18 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Wells Fargo, but it has turned into a cut throat bank business, not a customer service based company, anymore. You can't get good customer service anymore. It is very disappointing.
Cons
Low raises and little appreciation from management.
Team Member Marketing
Benefits Editor, Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 September 2017
I was a contract employee for their Team Member Marketing unit (Employee Benefits) so some of the questions don't apply. I had a great manager and work team and I really liked the culture and atmosphere.
Pros
relaxed environment, easy hours
Cons
temp job
great company but pay doesnt match the amount of work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MN18 September 2017
There is constant movement all day and the moment that there is a lull the current branch manager is delegating their tasks to every one else. I enjoy and prefer working hard but when the credit is being taken by someone else it becomes a little frustrating.

Wells is in the process of changing and my current branch manager is struggling with the change.
Pros
benefits and 401 k match
Cons
no or short breaks and no credit given
good
Customer​ ​Service​ ​Representative,​ ​level​ ​5 (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT18 September 2017
It was a good place to work and to start a career at Wells Fargo. Immediate management was great. Upper management could be out of touch at times. Their inflexible scheduling policy causes many long-time employees to have to quit.
Pros
immediate vacation time
Cons
building temperature control
needs to update salaries but great employer even after issues in the news
Personal banker II (Current Employee) –  South Carolina18 September 2017
I have worked for Wells fargo for some year and the only issue I have ever had is their low compensation and pay after the fake account issues they now have cut all sales and basically eliminated bonuses resulting in large pay cuts for all employees basically they need to fix this or they will lose good employees
Team oriented
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR18 September 2017
Great place to work love
The environment they were not always fair on how they move
You up in the company they pick favorites and are not very fair about things in general
Wholesale services and international trade
Technical Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ18 September 2017
 Managed schedule of server uplift from IIS to Apache across multiple groups
 Tracked and prepared documents for multiple quarterly software releases from inception to execution
 Reported for team on weekly status calls to provided Release Management updates regarding project schedule, costs, quality and associated risks
 Partnered with PMO as early adopter for enterprise wide portfolio migration from Planview to Project Management Universal Workstation (PMUWS) as part of long term strategy

Want to know more about Wells Fargo?

Ask a question
overview
VP, Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR18 September 2017
The company is evolving and with that there are painful changes. there are areas in the bank that are well managed and productive. Others are not. I have been there 24 years and have a wonderful story of opportunity and relationships.
Recently being displaced 36 mo prior to early retirement does not sit well but I understand it.

It can be a great place to work.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Cameron Park, CA18 September 2017
Management was rough, I was fire for getting pregnant and needing medical time off. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting with and helping customers with all there banking needs.
great working environment w/ opportunity to advance
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI18 September 2017
A typical day would consist of reviewing at least 50 loans from a spreadsheet. reach out to attorneys and mortgagors to assist w/ foreclosure. Fun environment, co-workers felt like family. Great place to be!
Pros
in house cafe, flexible hours
Cons
na
Fun workplace
Personal Banker 1 (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA18 September 2017
I enjoy working for wells fargo and if you are hired you will to. I really like all the changes that have been made to make the work environment fun for the employees.
I was a great place at first. The sales competion way exciting.We loss some really great people. Management went south.
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  33rd and Villard Ave., Milwaukee. WI.18 September 2017
I really loved my team. It was so much fun working to me our sales goals. It was a superior connection and we unfortunately became too close and when some left the new team members had a hard time adjusting. The new chemistry was affected team goals. No matter how hard we tried it didn't work for awhile, but Voila! one day there it was. The branch was flourishing though we were a small urban branch.
Pros
Small branch, monitors in the lobby. Great clientele. quick team.
Cons
High sales goals for new tellers, new managers without sales experience, high turnover.
Fast paced, no way to move up
Student Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD17 September 2017
Student loans is fast paced with plenty to learn, but lacks an opportunity for advancement. The hardest part of student loans is learning the ins and outs of student loans.
Worse Place to Work in New Mexico
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NM17 September 2017
I don't think that Wells Fargo is the worse place to work, but it is the worse place to work in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Employees and management are very immature, and lack professionalism. No room for advancement unless you join the right clique.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast paced, challenging, sales goals too high
Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 September 2017
A typical day began and ended with a team huddle. The team was close and depended on one another. Most of the customers were great. It was an excellent place to work that increasingly became less so due to higher and higher sales goals. In addition, the past couple of years, senior managers began micro-managing which increased the stress level of an already high stress job. Its my understanding much of that has changed after it was discovered 3.5 million bogus accounts had been opened by team members trying to meet unrealistic sales goals. I believe the culture at the bank is different now.
Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals
Meh
Loan Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR17 September 2017
Nothing special, just another employer that provides a job.
The culture is okay.
As with any place else, the people are good and intend well, but there is too much red tape.
They're great
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 September 2017
love working with wells fargo i have had such a great time management is great and so is pay/benefits. Would stay but i need more hours. other then that WF feels like home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval