Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Competitive
Equity Line of Credit - Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA18 February 2018
It was a very bust place to work at. A lot of room for advancement by moving to and from departments. Very strict attendance policy. Learned a lot about the banking industry working there.
Best Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region18 February 2018
A company who cares for the employees at any aspect. The perfect company for career growth.

Works closely on every employee's strength and weakness in order to give them their highest possible achievement on their career.

encourages everyone to achieve their desired promotion without giving them too much pressure .

well maintained facilities and office equipment. they also have shower rooms,game rooms, and sleeping quarters which is helpful for the employees in case of heavy rain or any emergency.

has a friendly and professional environment which is a reflection of a good management.

they also encourages employees to join sports and other activities which gives employees more confidence in themselves and feel good to do their Job.

and lastly, the salary is unexpectedly more than satisfactory.
Pros
gives you option for your preferred schedule and line of business.
Boring atmosphere
Partnership Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC18 February 2018
Did not stay in this position very long. Very dry and boring atmosphere employees did not communicate with one another period felt like a robotic atmosphere. Very high pay stressful atmosphere. Managers looking over your shoulder every second.
Cons
Good place to work but it could improve.
Phone Banker 2 (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR18 February 2018
Phone banker title is pretty literal, rarely do anything off phones. After awhile it can be tedious but you do learn a lot about banking and how things work in the background of it all. Co-workers tend to be great and friendly but rare to actually make connections since you'll be on the phone 99% of your day on a normal day.
Pros
Super flexible scheduling and attendance.
Cons
Hard to move up if you're a bit slower then others you start with.
Lots of cash handling experience
Bilingual Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 February 2018
The goal is to be in balance every day so it is recommended to count your cash 3 times before handing it over to the customer.

Always use your available resources such as the cash counting machine as well as the item that helps you have a better grip on the cash.
Poor middle managment
Work Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC17 February 2018
Right now Wells Fargo is going through a lot of transition. Each line is business is being downsized due to poor decisions upper and middle management has made in the past. Now we are all paying for it.
Great Company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Yale and Monaco17 February 2018
Very friendly, respectful at the same time quick-paste and serious environment. Great management, great benefits. A typical day at work would be busy (which i liked) and very productive at the same time fun and nice. Every day I would learn something new about banking. Everyone would respect each other specially management respects other employees, teamwork is a big deal in this company. The most challenging part of the job was to meet sale goals. but it was possible as long as you would be motivated and have positive attitude customers would walk in to find you for their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you would know you have a bright future if you stay with this company. I personally would get promotion every year that I worked there. So that would keep me motivated.
depends on management
Business Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA17 February 2018
This company has its ups and downs I have been there over a decade and the lack of opportunity is shown. It is all about who you know and the pay is not comparable to the market
Great business, fast to promote
Personal Banker, Teller (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI17 February 2018
Do your job, get promoted. Simple. Wells Fargo is a great company and highly enjoyed my time there. Great culture and great training provided. Highly recommended.
Pros
promotion, hours, management
Cons
pay, government regulated
Easy job with good managers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 February 2018
This job is very simple. Training is very efficient and managers are well put together. Only thing that takes a while is the training. you still get paid
nice place to visit and have coffee in the morning and biscuit
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR17 February 2018
Wells fargo was the bank that we used for our business deposit. we always had good report with the bank staff. I can't believe you want limit us to 150 character, We want more not less
Pros
good people
Cons
they want to charge for everything
Great Entry Level Job
Banker S.A.F.E (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC17 February 2018
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that had issues that they could have prevented if they had just listened in the beginning. Customers seem to think that it is ok for them to be disrespectful because you are in a customer service position.
Something to do while waiting on career
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC17 February 2018
They loved me there, I did not enjoy my time there.I am asked to put at least 150 minimum characters in this open space so I will say that the wells fargo worked with money.
Excellent
Premier Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA16 February 2018
Wells Fargo is a excellent Bank that really values their employees. Wells Fargo also has a lot of opportunities to grow within the company making everyday of work feel like a new door to different opportunities, I overall loved working there and hope to continue a career with Wells Fargo.
Sales was pushed excessively and at times unethical practices were envouraged
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA16 February 2018
I liked the customer interaction and the fast paced environment, but I did not like the sales culture at the time. Management was focused on daily sales goals and often times would encourage tactics that were not always beneficial to the customer.

I feel that although the company is large, there was little guidance, encouragement, or exposure to growth within the company.
store manager
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Haines City, FL16 February 2018
learned a lot about how to lead a successful customer service and sales team. leadership is everything! I started off as a teller with zero banking experience,
Great company
Home Preservation Travel Team 2 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX16 February 2018
good overall management. lots of walking between buildings. Good pto given and good opportunity to take the days off too. Great benefits, and retirement plans.
Pros
assesible from hwy
Cons
sit down desks only, not enough cafeterias
It is a great company to work for a great career
Teller (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM16 February 2018
I enjoyed the experience and my co workers. I learned a lot about customer service from there. My management team believed in me and encouraged me everyday. I was able to advance from teller to personal banker. At the time as a personal banker we had sales to meet every day I enjoyed helping customers and helping them reach their financial goals.
Pros
the people
Cons
healthcare was expensive
Work Environment
OPS PROCESSOR I (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA16 February 2018
There is too much favortism and not enough room for advancement. The management was not very proactive in letting me know what I can do to be better in the field. It sucked having to go through tons and tons of envelopes all day just to shred them. I hated it!
Amazing work enviroment
Financial Crimes Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Siouxfalls16 February 2018
Wells Fargo great company to work for. They truly care about their customers. They are out to rebuild the trust and respect from each and every customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.

57.8K