Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA21 November 2017
would initiate conversations with customers in order to help them keep their accounts in good standing
- learned how to effectively communicate with multiple types of people
- very easy going and laid back atmosphere
- hardest part was not knowing what solutions to offer customers
- most enjoyable was being able to help those who really just needed information
Must be okay with coaching
Banker/Teller / Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO21 November 2017
You have to be coachable. You must be flexible. You must sell. You have to get along with everyone, not just your branch. Raises are a joke but bonuses when you WORK for them are good.
Breaks privacy laws
Collector 3 (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI21 November 2017
Collectors and manager called consumers and released info to 3rd parties and threatened consumers with jail time if they did not return vehicles that were out for repo.
Fast paced. Customer contact, ample educational program
Home Loan Closer/Loan Originator/Loan Funder (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA21 November 2017
Wells Fargo is a good place to work. They are diversity inclusive. Community involvement is important. Extensive Learning Center for continued industry related education. Extensive benefits package.
Pros
Extensive industry eduation
Cons
location, no parking
Great place of work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 November 2017
I loved working for wells if I didn’t join the military I would of never left. This isn’t the kind of company that you can only fail if you want to fail there are so many tools and people available for development that you can only grow professionally
Work Life Balance
Licensed Premier Banker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA20 November 2017
There is definitely work life balance working for Wells Fargo. Pay is okay but it can always be better. Benefits are great with PTO days. My role has a change in compensation plan so total compensation has reduced hence I am looking elsewhere now.
Keep all of your options opened
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FL20 November 2017
Don't settlement for comfortable, keep all options opened for advancement. Gave the company over 20 years of my life working in a job that I admired doing for my clients and the big boss. Felt underappreciated when the time came to support a model employee.
Benefits
Cons
the bureaucracy
My typical day.
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO20 November 2017
I love working for Wells Fargo. They pay for my school, they give me amazing benefits & wonderful PTO. I do not plan on leaving this company at all, I am in it for the long run. Management is wonderful at my location, they are so good to us! They truly loves wells fargo as well, and we all work great as a team together. The only thing I wish wells fargo would do is to give us a higher raise annually.
OK place to work
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 November 2017
typical day at work was using the Neopost letter inserter to put letters in envelopes
pick up letters to be processed and mailed from various departments
hardest part of the job was standing all day
got a lot of exercise
Great Workplace!
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TX20 November 2017
Great workplace. Could pay more considering the workload and competitor pay. Management can be a lot better. More relaxed than Wells Fargo used to be considering everything going on in the media.
Pros
Enviornment
Cons
Management, Pay.
Sales oriented
Personal Banker II/Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZ20 November 2017
If you want to work for Wells Fargo, be ready to sell. They are very competitive and pushy with their sales goals. I did not like being micromanaged there.
Did not like it here
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homewood, AL20 November 2017
I got hired on with this company through a hiring agency. At first it seemed like it would be a good fit, but then the management became really over-attentive. And it was a lot of work that didn't feel like we were getting compensated enough.
Poor Management
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC20 November 2017
My recent manager was very condescending and jealous. She used very harsh words and bullying tactics when coaching team members. When she was upset or had a bad day watch out. She would criticize everything.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, scare tactics, stresssful, overwhelming
Good Place To Work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC20 November 2017
I enjoyed my years at Wells Fargo, The environment at branch I worked was one of great teamwork. We became a family of friends and truly enjoyed each other's company.
Pros
Good Friends, Benefits and hours
Cons
Decisions made from upper management not in branch
perfect job to move up.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX20 November 2017
What an excellent experience I had working for Wells Fargo. I had wonderful team members, such good-hearted managers. great benefits. I always felt that I was appreciated.
Awesome
Customer Service and Recovery Group (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD20 November 2017
Wonderful Company hope to be able to relocate within the company .
Great Team and Awesome Community support.
Great Advancement potential and Supportive manager
People centric
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka20 November 2017
Very employee friendly company, maintained good job culture.
Job advancement depends on the job profile one carry and they good management.
overall the wells Fargo was a great place to work.
Pros
lunch coupons, work life balance
Cons
job advancement
Too much work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 November 2017
Too much work, no recognition, no advancement. Pay is decent but management is poor and the environment is political.

That was more than 17 years ago so the culture at Wells might have changed. I am not qualified to comment on the company as I left it so long ago.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Business Systems Consultant -contractor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC20 November 2017
Great place to work! Great managers in my department. Workplace culture was fast paced. There were limited FTE opportunities; preferred to hire contractors with time limited appointments
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ20 November 2017
Very wonderful company to work for, very professional environment. Management is always there to assist, and the job in general is fun. Tuition reimbursement
Pros
Fun job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.