Zizzi Employee Reviews

defective management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire23 September 2017
Beautiful people, fun and good people.
Unfortunately the management is not good, the salary is minimal the program is not stable, it always changes. if you work from 10 am to closing, you have two hours break in the middle of the day, stay in the mall for two hours. in 5 days I gather 30-35 hours. I do not take into account the staff, I'm putting you to work as they need to save her money. I do not recommend
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
ENGLISH bad program, long breaks, bad management
Horrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland21 August 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked.

The training, Zizziness culture and food quality are all very poor. The training is virtually non existent and is expected to be completed in your own time, staffing levels are being cut constantly which causes additional stress when running on skeleton staff. Shame the senior management of the company are so focused on the short term gains of saving money and cutting labour and not focused on the longer term detrimental effects of their poor, ill-thought-out decisions which lead to a constant steam of staff coming and going when they realise how poor a company it is to work for.

Pay / benefits / job security is poor but expect the world of their teams. Talk a good game until it costs money or involves any level of commitment / investment.

Seriously concerning lack of focus on health and safety - as long as the money keeps coming in!

Best part of the job was the staff who bend over backwards for this awful company. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving!
Pros
Honestly cannot think of anything positive to say
Cons
Stressful environment, poor training, no support, frozen food, overcomplicated menu, lack of focus on health and safety and just a horribly stressful environment
Great job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne2 August 2017
Great restaurant to work in, great atmosphere. Decent wage, fantastic tips which makes incentive to go the extra mile with your service. Only down fall is the long hours running around on your feet all day and not knowing when you're finishing. This makes it hard to plan social events.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work with a very happy and bubbly team, but a chanc=ge of management in May 2017 made it less pleasent.
Bar Staff and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Maidstone29 July 2017
Zizzi was my first ever job, and I loved it. The first year and a half was great, management was brilliant and so was the staff. Tips were good, hours were unsociable, but certainly fair. I learned most the tricks you need know to be successful behind the bar, such as quick and tidy presentation of drinks such as coffees and cocktails, stock take, and many more. When my general management changed, a lot of things did. A lot of the members of staff from when I was there left, I started waiting, and more importantly people were being miss treated. I booked to go on holiday from 18th of September - 22nd September & booked off the 24th of September to go to a festival 3rd of October, cos my birthday was on the 2nd. I did this also considering that there was a restaurant refurbishment. When I got back from holiday, I was being asked by my managers why I wasn't working.
Pros
good tips and pay
Cons
unsociable hours
Very Bad with Communication.
Waiter/Barman (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom26 July 2017
Often not knowing when im on shift. When I started, I had made management very clear in regards to a holiday I had booked, yet they failed at acknowledge this and put me on the rota without me knowing resulting in numerous texts and calls whilst on vacation as well as being told I was unreliable. Not happy.
a typical day at work
Waiter/Barman (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
I start my day at work opening the floor and the bar section making sure that everythings is ready for when the costumers start to arrive.
Once that the costumers start to arrive i always give them always the best seat and after a couples of minutes i go back to get the order, i am always around to make sure that they are satisfated. At the end of the shift i always fill up my report and hand over all the money i have banked for the night and PDQ slips.
Empresa dinâmica
Restauração (Former Employee) –  Londres27 May 2017
Empresa dinâmica e Boa de se trabalhar por vezes o que estraga o ambiente São mesmo as pessoas.
Pros
Refeição na empresa
Cons
Excesso de horas
Productive work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Southampton19 April 2017
I've learned that meeting new people is great, i've learned that the most enjoyable part of my work is creating great moments. I've learned that a smiling face and a funny waitress can change you day.
Pros
Cheap staff food
Cons
Cleaning the bar at the end of your shift
Any other chain restaurant job.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 April 2017
Long hours, sometimes 6 days a week at 12 hours split shifts.
Lots of stress.
Have to work bank holidays and weekends for standard poor pay.
Non creative food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, no double time for working bank holidays and weekends, overworked for little over minimum wage.
Fun place to work
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow18 March 2017
Really great place to work with lovely people and great benefits. The management were very flexible with working hours and very approachable at all times.
Pros
Free food
Cons
can get rather hectic around christmas
Fun Work place
Front of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent6 March 2017
I have enjoyed working here and found my Boss to be excellent. Pay and tips are good. A fairly wide range of working hours. I would definitely recommend this place to work.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not enough hours
The worse place to work ever.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport24 February 2017
Unprofessional management use the people as slaves and fire them unfairly. After i found out i had a job at Zizzi I was happy to work there because I didn't know how bad could it be.
Cons
Bad management
Awful and undfriendly !
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire19 February 2017
Poor management, no training at all.
If you enjoy be bullying by your supervisor them apply here. Lack of atmosphere . Big staff turnover, guess why....
Low hours.
Pros
Non of that
Cons
Atmosphere at work
Overall a great time!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom26 January 2017
In all honesty. Zizzi has been great to me. Superb team, superb management. There isn't another general manager in the area that isn't nice to talk to if you're stuck on something. Great for progression, I do however feel the individual successes of restaurants could be celebrated more. Recognition of great work and results wouldn't go a miss.
Pay scale for management is lower than other brands out there and if you're out for a good salary, Zizzi probably isn't the place. But if you want to enjoy what you do in a great environment, join Zizzi!

Paying for your own lunch kind of sucks too. Especially as a manager and you average 10-12 hours a day
Pros
Progression and people
Cons
Salary
Very poor management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire9 December 2016
Work for only a few weeks management did not care what was said in interview change rotas on a daily basis not even telling you so no life . Had very poor training was just expected to do things with no training a waitress that had been there a long time just barked orders at me was just get on with it atertude .
Pros
Did get free meals on duty
Cons
Long hours rota changed daily no respect for your personal life staff taking your tips
Good work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London10 November 2016
Good, fun workplace and nice colleagues to work with in a friendly environment. But managment could use more work, as well as the improvement of modernism of the business as a whole; in terms of how the restaurant is visually and how problems are handled. However, the restaurant has taught me alot about how businesses, that involve communication, work. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with really friendly, amazing people.
Pros
Cash/card tips, decent salary, flexible hours
Cons
No free lunch, very busy at times and stressful, lots of responsibilitt, unpleasant customers
Get the training and leave
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London27 October 2016
Very poorly paid , just get in get the training and find a better restaurant to work in .
This company has a very high staff turnover , people come in three four months and leave since the pay is rubbish .
You can double your pay elsewhere .
Pros
Free training and foot in the door - then leave
Cons
Low pay
Great
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chester9 October 2016
Great place to work in, friendly environment. All worked well together as a team. Gave me an understanding into the business.
Waitress at Zizzi Review
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove21 July 2016
I enjoyed working within the Zizzi restaurant chain, the Brighton branch had a great team of people that made the job very enjoyable. I worked here part time while completing my final year of my degree.

A typical shift would be involve interacting with customers, serving them food and drinks, taking payments and completing daily duties that kept the restaurant up to a high standard.

The hardest thing about the job was working through busy weekend periods, these shifts were very fast pace and required a lot of time management in order to keep customers happy. This helped me to keep calm under pressure and improved my customer service skills due to the responsibility that came with representing the Zizzi brand.
Long shifts, poor payment
Chef (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom12 July 2016
The most ungratefull job ever.
No social life, poor payment. No enought staff to cover their BOH. Why? No one would like to do it. During my time in the restaurant I saw gone 90% of the personal. Who is next?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zizzi. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9