Ericsson Athlone is the OSS (Operations Support System) headquarters within Ericsson and the main development centre for OSS and the OSS Product Line.
The responsibility of the OSS portfolio is network management of GSM/WCDMA/LTE radio and Core and Wireline network networks. The OSS portfolio is an extensive suite for supervision, configuration, deployment and optimization, with all features tailored to promote efficient working procedures in the daily operation of the network. The OSS provides advanced management functionality for telecom operators.
The UI Graphics Designer will be central to the look-and-feel of both desktop and web applications in order to create highly efficient and intuitive GUIs that ensure a great user experience.
A key need is to identify and create a visual style that supports the provision of complex data in as simple a manner as possible, while maintaining the value intrinsic to the data.
Originality of approach is a key requirement, as is the ability to propose and select different visual metaphors, dependent on the data and the target audience.
The position requires strong visual design skills, complemented with a solid understanding of information design with the ability to work closely with developers to integrate the GUIs into software applications.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design or other new media studies.
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills.
- 5 years experience with user interface visual and interaction design.
- Knowledge of grouping concepts i.e.multiple levels of view with contextualised information.
- Use of different metaphors to contextualise the data for the end user.
- Strong graphic design skills, artistic sense with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Ability to deliver finished UI layouts and associated assets/artwork necessary to produce working applications.
- Awareness of current trends in web and user interface design
Ericsson - 4 years ago
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term...