The Central Bank of Ireland (The Central Bank Reform Act 2010 which commenced on 1 October creates a new single unitary body - the Central Bank of Ireland - responsible for both central banking and financial regulation) has the primary objective of promoting systemic financial stability in Ireland and across the euro area. It ensures the proper and effective regulation of financial institutions and markets in Ireland while also ensuring that the best interests of consumers of financial services are protected. A job with the Central Bank of Ireland offers you a career at the centre of the dynamic financial services industry in Ireland, during a time of great change.
The Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) are seeking to recruit a Business Analyst Expert for the Prudential Analytics Unit of the Wholesale Banks Supervision department.
The Business Analytics Unit is a small and focussed team responsible for reviewing business models of existing and proposed regulated financial firms operating in Ireland. The team’s remit includes reviewing current and future business model viability of credit institutions, insurance firms and investment firms and providing guidance on a diverse range of financial management concepts at organisational, national and European levels.
Business Analyst Expert (Ref: BA11)
The role will report to the Head of the Prudential Analytics Unit, who is seeking bright, enthusiastic and technically minded individual(s) to join the team. Activities shall include:
Qualifications and Experience
- Developing and implementing the business model analytics methodology at the Central Bank of Ireland
- Critical review of existing and prospective business models
- Targeted research and cross-sectoral analysis
- Engagement with senior management at the Central Bank of Ireland, financial firms and third party organisations
- Preparation of briefings, speaking notes, board papers and presentations
- Participation in industry and regulatory working groups
- Assist with setting European policy and represent the Central Bank of Ireland at European forums
- Playing a key role in the restructuring of the Irish financial sector
Candidates with the following background/experience will be at a distinct advantage:
- Expert level understanding of financial business model concepts
- Ability to critically analyse and report on complex profitability, risk and capital management issues
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of motivation and evidence of taking own initiative
- Ability to self-learn and perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative acumen
- Education to honours Degree level or higher with a minimum of three years work experience
- Knowledge of bank capital and/or insurance solvency rules
- Expert level understanding of balance sheets, income analysis, accounting rules, tax treatment and future changes in reporting and regulatory standards
- Experience of challenging executives with strong personalities
- Relevant Securities/Equity/Rating financial analyst industry experience
- Professional certification (CFA, CIIA, PRM, FRM, etc.)
To apply, please visit our ‘Current Vacancies Website’ at www.centralbank.ie and complete the application form and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae by close of business on Wednesday, 12th January 2011. As the application form plays an important role in the short-listing and selection process, it is essential that it is completed fully. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an automatic email from us acknowledging receipt. If you do not receive this auto-acknowledgement, please contact Recruitment Section at (01) 224 6865.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge. The Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- 4 years ago - save job