A student internship with IBM isn’t just a job. It’s an opportunity to work for a world leader, where you’ll be respected and rewarded for the contribution that you make to our business.
If you want to be challenged and stretched and use all the knowledge, skills and experience you’ve learnt at university or college so far you should find this opportunity of interest to you.
Our 11-month paid internship programmes give you an opportunity to develop your skills in a constructive way, get real and practical on-the-job experience and build a great CV with one of the most respected names in the world.
In Dublin, the ibm.com organisation offers an entry point to IBM. We have 500 professionals selling a wide range of IBM products to a customer base in Europe, usually to their native country. They sell everything from Hardware servers to Software licences, to Services offerings such as maintenance and internet security. We communicate with our customers over the phone, through the web and through occasional site visits, closing deals that range in size from small to very large.
What we need now is a Communications or Journalism graduate to help us promote this exciting sales channel internally, help keep ibm.com teams in Dublin and outside informed of our development and also to help us promote our growing organisation to potential recruits. IBM has a well-developed worldwide communications network and a big part of this role will be to ensure the Dublin organisation is linked in to that in a constructive way.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to create effective Powerpoint presentations
- Ability to writing engaging stories for intranet
- Capacity to develop and tell our story through video (scripting, filming and editing) and photos (including knowledge of a photo-editing software i.e. PhotoShop)
- Basic graphic design and image manipulation skills (i.e. through PhotoShop)
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes tables and buttons for the creation of memos, newsletters and invites
- Ready to use the Lotus Connections platform and other digital / social media - you must be comfortable with the Technology.
- Attention to detail and the desire to produce quality work with effective and consistent look and feel
- Be able to develop coherent content for internal TV network
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team (this will be needed to network with the ibm.com Global Communications and Marketing leaders)
- Creating podcasts and basic knowledge of editing / cutting music
- Event management familiarity
- Photography skills
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising/Journalism/Media Studies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 3 years ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...