Abacus Technology

Abacus Technology Employee Reviews

Abacus is a fine company with average benefits and work/life options depending on the particular contract you work on. The customer I work for is very important to the country as it's key functions is to attract investment in natural resources as well as to collect royalties for these resources, bringing in the largest amount of money to the federal government second only to the IRS. Supporting their mission is fulfilling however the customer is not always reasonable in their demands.
Pros
DOI is important to the country
Cons
It's a contract with the government and always has an end date
The company's leadership and culture are phenomenal. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for Abacus and the mission they support. The personnel w/in the company value one another and are supported by the corporate leadership through training, salary increases, and other perks.
Pros
Awesome Culture, fair salary, great benefits, Awesome leadership
This is good company but salary rate is very low... They should increase atleast according to government labour salary.it should be pay basic salary 20 k.
I enjoyed working for Abacus, they represented me well and I would work with them under the same circumstances if the occasion arises. 150 words are way too many to get the point across, why a minimum limit?
The job was great. I enjoyed speaking with the clients that came in for information about the new houses (what little I could give them). I enjoyed being a help to the Sales Staff.
Pros
The days and hours I worked were great.
Cons
This assignment was really far from my home.
They were ok, i know they had music playing. It is a slacker tho i seen girls wear belly shirts and stuff there wich i do not believe is good for wearing to a job no matter what
Pros
Music
Cons
Drama
They haven't paid me for my over time that I have done and they told me that I can't work for them because I expect to get paid for the hour's that I have worked
Pros
They don't give me lunch breaks
Cons
It is good for those who have low education criteria.my job is not related to my educational background.so i am not satisfyedwith my current job.Thats why i am seeking for better oppertunity.
Pros
Good for part time jobs
Cons
Not a healthy job culture
I was employed by the company 6 years ago in Southern MD. The pay was horrible, there were no pay increases, and the company has taken over all non-cert jobs for the school system. All non-cert jobs took a pay decrease. Couldn't survive living off of the pay Abacus provided. I left to continue pursuing my education while working a different full time job. I won't return to the public schooling as long as Abacus stays around, under-paying their employees.
Great people with whom to work. At time, leadership was too supportive of leaders without listening to the team and their perspective of how things were being fulfilled
Pros
Employees were awesome
Cons
Leadership was a little strong armed.
You have to really be on your ps and qs because they will fire you . Be careful the pay is 12.50 every week we’ll for my agency . It’s a okay warehouse nothing too major .
Pros
The pay
Cons
No flexibility
Company low balled the contract bid so they could get contract, unprepared for the extensive overseas aspect. Poor communication with overseas personnel. they are not open and transparent when communicating offers. Management offers extremely vague answers to simple questions. HR Department seems inept or out of their depth with current contract. Extremely difficult to communicate with HR, they seem annoyed when issues are presented. No clear communication. They are more interested in their own commissions and incentives to keep the contract employees wages as low as possible. Will hire those with bare minimum skills in order to pay less. Very few real benefits.
Typical support contractor for the USAF. In my eyes, you are hired for a particular role. If someone within the AF, let us say in engineering, does not like you, then you will become a sacrificial lamb and be subjected to taunts and disrespect of the government engineering staff. Case in point, the chief engineer for one project I was working on, criticized me and said, "Oh you think you know more than the "so and so company." Well, I took this very offensively because I went through a very similar experience prior to this one and observed what the outcome was.
overall good like environment and staff, but only one thing worst is that on resigning, they freeze last salary for more than 3 months. so better way to resign on the day of receiving salary
A typical day starts smooth. Energized always. Areas of work is assigned to me by my supervisor. Fast pace environment and as such targets must be met. Always meet target and exceed sometimes.
The job is a professional place to work. At times the load can be busy, but I can keep up with the pace. I've learned computer scanning with, and electric pallet jack. the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, they make it easy and fun even doing stressful times.
parker the soda and Gatolade be able to Lift 50 pound. I was worked with others staff and able to clean the place after we than the job. Also I have experience to cleaner the house.
Easy going people, relaxed atmosphere. Staff, especially Brandon, is extremely helpful, always ready to go the extra mile. Pay stubs mailed to me on a regular basis, as requested.
I had the opportunity to be placed with Abacus at a large company. They paid attention to the employees and took time to assist. If I was asked to return I would.
The Abacus people I worked with supporting a DoD contract were living in fear of loosing their job. Work Environment - very subjective and somewhat hostile in that any push back on setting realistic delivery dates was not supported by management. Therefore, meaning the client has free reigns on setting unrealistic dates no matter how difficult the assignment.
Working for this company was a great experience. I was able to add to my skill set. The hardest part of this job was adjusting to the schedule. The most enjoyable part of working for this company was the team I worked with and the skills I learned.
  1. Employee reviews