Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Colleague Interaction
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary1 March 2018
Abbott Vascular is one of the best by far when it comes to colleague interaction. The job can contain a lot of learning and everybody is always helpful when you are in need of information. Abbott drive a strict and robust work place which entails you to be efficient, determined and ambitious. With the help of my colleagues, we have successfully overcome production obstacles on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I've built up excellent interpersonal skills because of communicating with support staff, supervisors and managers.You aspect you may find difficult is that you may have to move station at any moment which can make it difficult to your routine but knowing it is the best decision for the whole line makes it worth while.
Pros
Healthcare provided, Shift work
Cons
Lack of quality
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Quality - IQA Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longford16 November 2017
Really enjoy the lab work in this job, have been trained in HPLC, SDS PAGE, Refractive index, UV Spectrometry, and standard wet chemistry testing. Really like the lab work
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Muinchille, County Cavan3 October 2017
Arrive at 8, clock in
Get boxes with forklift
Form the cartons
Put sachets in cartons

Management I hardly saw but when I did meet some people in management they were pleasant and helpful in helping me do the job I was assigned.
Ambiente de trabalho muito bom
Auxiliar de Engenharia (Former Employee) –  Cootehill, Irlanda25 September 2017
Profissionais que trabalham na empresa Abbott Nutrition, são todos competentes e experiente. Apreeendi bastante com os profissionais antigos da empresa e dentro da empresa me tornei um profissional melhor.
rewarding place to work
Technical Specialist - Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Sligo19 September 2017
Structured and challenging place to work. Project to improvement ongoing . Trouble shooting and issue resolution important. Setting and meeting deadlines paramount.
Good work place
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sligo, Ireland12 September 2017
Good workplace, staff very easy to work with, highly motivated workplace
Management very good and so nice to approach and solve any queries I may have had
productive and flexible
diagnostics technologist (Current Employee) –  sligo ireland30 August 2017
Employee friendly environment and flexible working days.
I work three long days a week for 3 weeks in a month and 4 long days for 1 week in a month. health insurance benefit and yearly bonus is paid.
Pros
flexible and nice environment to work
Cons
productive and great place to work very flexible
Diagnostic technologist (Current Employee) –  Sligo21 August 2017
I enjoy working in abbott. first of all its is a big multinational company and it has very good reputation. Team leaders are very approachable, and very flexible with the working days.
work I enjoy working in abbott.
Pros
extra benfits like health insurance and bonus
Cons
Great money but no chance to advance career
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary15 August 2017
Very good money but the company is target and money driven to the extent that so many people are leaving with no chances given to advance your career.
Pros
Shift rate
Cons
Monotonous
High Stress Work Environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland1 August 2017
Stressful work environment, non existent work life balance. Extensive Travel requirements and long hours. High performance pressure and on the job learning.
Cons
Healthcare
Overall Positive Direction with room to grow
Senior Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  County Cavan1 August 2017
Great growth opportunities if mobile.
Always acquiring new companies so new core work areas and locations.
Most support grown and development.
Internationally focused leading to multiple opportunities abroad
An excellent employer
IBM iSeries Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin14 July 2017
I did lots of projects for Abbot and always found them to be very fair and decent. I worked in both their Sligo and Dublin offices, the people were great and professional and the conditions were good too.
intense
Full-time supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary28 June 2017
Nice place to work in, it was close to home, fun friendly atmosphere, using different cleaning supplies, checking to make sure work was dont correctly and to a high standard
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long distance on a bad road
Great workplace
Accounts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longford13 June 2017
Very busy environment, a lovely company to work for, lots of opportunity for qualified persons, Great benefits, excellent facilities for staff. good holidays
bad place
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 May 2017
good place to work good to work. always nice staff. always. lovely plavce. good money good staff. great staff. the best staff. easily the best staff. oohp
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donegal19 March 2017
Worked here as part of a student placement. Worked 8 hour shifts and 12 hour shifts as part of a 40 hour work week. The other staff were friendly and helpful at all levels and I learned a lot during this time
Pros
Friendly Environment
fun work place
General operator (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary19 November 2016
A very good company to work for and you get a free lunch if you get your targets and the hours are set so you know when you be starting and finishes at.
Pros
frre lunches sometimes
Cons
Fun place to work in if you have masochistic tendencies.
Manufacturing Operative/Assembler. (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary26 August 2016
If you are unemployed and are desperate for a job I would seriously ask you to think about working for this company. It is a large building , built with structural steel and glass, and it is within this building that the work is done. I learned that manners and common courtesy are foreign concepts amoung Irish people, and I learned that amoung factory workers there are a remarkable number of gosfords.The hardest part of the job was listening to the inane conversations about football or the filthy talk about s.. during eight hour shifts. Management were a total bunch of ticks, the most enjoyable memory of the job for me was the night a water pipe burst in the ceiling above the clean room and we all had to be sent home.
Pros
Good Car Park.
Cons
Monday thru Friday.
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin18 July 2016
I worked in AMO, Liffey Valley for less than 1 year and it was more than enough. Despite what you'll be told at interview you will pretty soon need to put up with micromanagement, lack of staff, unrealistic targets, call center environment, huge turnover and a management structure solely based on reviewing your mistakes.
Pros
free coffee, subsidized cantine
Cons
micromanagement, frequent useless meetings on extratime after your shift (1h), all the above
Demanding, but also rewarding
IT Infrastructure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary3 July 2016
Big corporation, working in highly regulated environment (FDA, BSI audits every few months). Adherence to procedures is essential, team work is crucial. Good working culture and mutual respect. Hardest part of job ? Procedures...sometimes there are better, faster and easier ways to do the job, but due to nature of this business, everything needs to be done according to approved procedures. Good moments... when you see people who are living their life in relatively good health thanks to devices from your factory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K