Abrakebabra

Abrakebabra Employee Reviews

Nice place
It was a very friendly place to work. Money was ok but long night shifts means you have to sleep during the day. 5 day a week. Owner was very professional but has closed down since.
Minimum weiges for hard work
All the job for 1 person prep cleaning costumer service 1 person long hours of work 9 hours with half hour breack and breack only before 5 because form 5 to 9 nobody to replace you.....
Fun yet challenging work environment.
I have only positive things to say about the majority of staff over the years I worked here. The management were always kind and understanding to when time was needed for time off. It is very much a job where if you are willing to work hard and be flexible to the working hours, you will succeed.
Rude staff and manager
Worked Here as a trainee for 2 weeks at a rate of 8.50, working a lot of hard hours , getting made all the jobs that were not that wanted to be done by older staff. After my two weeks of hard work they told me they weren’t busy and was left unemployed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible workplace
Fast, specific work place
The staff are nice, some supervisors are annoying but the worst thing is the manager, never gives people chances, unless you’re very set in your work and have experience you’ll have a rough time with the manager
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad manager
Bad management
Staff were lovely, job was fine and everyone was patient with training me in. The manager, however, was by far the worst manager I have ever had. Never experienced the likes of that horrible attitude from a manager before. Therefore, I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Obnoxious manager
Hard Job and low pay
Good to start with the food industry as it is very flexible and you will be trained in all areas of the restaurant within quite a short period of time.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extremely busy in times while low on staff.
Fast food operative
Worked very well with the staff cooking and cleaning well organised place and worked very well with the staff. Worked long hrs at the weekend well worth it cause all staffed worked as a team. That's how u work with others
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8_10hrs a day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Abrakebabra?
job ok
its ok to work there for begining but working in night time its very bad for your health so thats why i left the job but nice people to work with!!!!!!!
hard worker
i love working and i work great on ,y own and in a team i really enjoy what ever i do i can do what ever is need of me and i like to do that lillte bit more i hate todisappoint so i never do and love
Pros
everything
Cons
Good place for young people
work that gives the opportunity to develop in customer service and cooking. It gives people the opportunity to have a promotion to a higher position. nice people and very helpful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Full time job
my job was manager,, that was great job,,geat team.. resposablity for the roster,, orders.. service with customer..am taach the menage job..
Dangerous and frustrating workplace
I've had the worst time working here. The manager was not understanding, would call me in to work at the very last minute.
When the owner sold the shop he didn't even sit down with me to talk about what I was going to do.

No one cared about anyone, everyone kept to themselves.

Very glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
No Pros whatsoever
Cons
Very little pay and a mean boss.
it was okay
typical day at work was okay, staff were friendly, busy work place, salary other wise was low but at the same time I really did enjoy the experience at that time being
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
fun workplace
very busy at nights and lovely place to work, friendly environment , understanding customers.
we basically had to do everything there froom cleaning to serving .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too busy to handle sometimes
Productive work place.
I enjoy working with costumers and my co-workers from diferent countries such Brazil, China ,Algeria , Ireland ,Romania ,Moldavia .
Mood Killer
Potentially a good job, but my experience was overall negative as management did't provide sufficient training and were extremely overbearing.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Negative Work Atmosphere
food service
My first job in Ireland was a good beginning but when I started changing the Night was a lot of trouble with drunk customers scrimmage and salary was funny while almost does not lead to nervous collapse
Cons
drunk customers
I love the buzz of a busy restaurant
Abrakebabra is a very popular restaurant in Carlow.And from my experience that i gained working here as well as the other restarants i could say there is no such thing as a typical day, all days are different, different problems, challenges and of course different customers. The day could go something like this - open the restaurant, managing staff for the dayan put them in sections and different work flows, organising staff rosters, ringing several suppliers to order stock for the week. Service starts, meeting customers ensuring they are enjoying themselves, handling cash, lodging in safe, ensuring standards are high by all staff, communicating with the kitchen about menus etc and generally problem solving.
I love the way regulars know my name and some nights I could know most peoples names. Also when I go out for dinner anywhere I would probably know at least one person working there so I would be looked after very well.

It's a very demanding job, I have to be well presented everyday. Any problems you have outside the restaurant can't effect you in the restaurant, because customers want to be looked after. I have to be in good form all the time. There can be no such thing as a bad day as I am in direct contact with the public and they want smiling faces.

What i best learnes is to be a organised and outgoing person. A friendly and pleasant manner is a must!There is nothing like a warm welcome.Being a well organised person is an advantage as you will be dealing with a lot of suppliers and reservations.These are skills you naturally have to have.
Pros
Can take days off togeder eg: mon&tues
Cons
Long hours.
not bad
very long shifts, busy night shifts,
I've learned basics of customer service + operating the till procedures,
Pros
free lunches