Abtran
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Abtran Employee Reviews

Ireland143 reviews
A typical day at work in Abtran consisted of helping customers understand their electricity and gas usage. What I believe I learnt at the job, was being able to communicate impeccably with any and every kind of customer - age, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, different accents. The workplace had a good management with quite a lot of support for beginners. The workplace culture required a strict adherence to timelines. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers who did not understand GDPR and loved to yell on the call. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the ability to interact with the most diverse assortment of people, every single day.
Having worked here for almost 2 years I can firmly say it has been the worst experience of my life. They pay no attention to any personal troubles you may have which may effect your work. They only concentrate on how much s**t they can pile onto you without proper training and then criticize you when you can't do it properly. Stressful, terrible money and no incentives.
Pros
Cons
Pay, training, management, atmosphere
Wouldn’t recommend, worst place I’ve ever worked! It’s such a stressful job, you are given no support or help, and you are definitely not paid half enough for the amount you have to do and the stuff you have to deal with!!
Pros
None?
Cons
Everything??
I really enjoyed working with Abtran.
Everyone was friendly and happy to help.

The pay is reasonable for the work done.

The account I worked on was very quiet (roughly 10 calls a day).
Pros
Everyone is friendly, good facilities
Cons
Was unable to take any annual leave within 6 months
I worked on an account in role which had a huge amount of responsibility, with no formal training. If a mistake was made I was directly responsible and it was noted on my record, meaning I would not get the 10cent per hour pay rise the following year. Pay was minimum wage. Management have no idea how to handle conflict or resolve problems. However they did allow flexibility with hours which was a huge plus. However just before I left this was stopped and all staff had to work standard shifts with no flexibility.
They pay minimum wage, there is no health insurance and no benefits. Don't expect a raise, you will never get it. The job itself is pretty stressful, and yet also boring and meaningless and the training for it is subpar. There is also little opportunity for advancement. Unless you are extremely desperate, do yourself a favor and skip this one.
My experience should be enough to scare away any sensible sane person unless you're absolutely desperate. This company will drain the life out of you, pay as little as possible, demand you work flat out for 8 hours a day and give as little support as possible.
I have worked in abtran for a number of years across numerous sites and project, I started off as an agent and have since risen through and Progressed in my role. Abtran allows you the ability to grow and enables you to map out your career path in a way that suits you it is a people oriented business with numerous relaxed sports and social groups. I recommend Abtran to all people looking for a diverse experience or a new career
If you value your mental health do not work for this company.Terrible pay and terrible work conditions .Just ask anyone who worked for them.

During this recent pandemic they have been forcing there staff into crowded offices sending pointless corona update emails. While the higher ups have been working from home safe and sound.
Interview easy.
Training on-site.

People courteous and nice.

Open Door policy from CEO to the Cleaner.

Favouritism is ripe thus progression slow.

Salary is low yet above minimum wage.

Free Fruit, coffee and tea.
If you like asking people who have no money to pay for products you don't believe in, then this might be the job for you! I hated the job! Sitting down all day, talking bulls**t to people. Very limited time off the seat, everything is timed! High turnover of staff! The training was good to be fair but other than that, terrible place to work.. unless you love sitting down listening to problems
Started off great with high expectations and managers giving high hopes to those starting. Awful workplace, people in higher roles have no respect for those below them. Has a secondary school-like environment where favouritism and popularity overrides hard-work and dedication to the job. Rules change day by day & are different from one desk to another, worst job I've had to date and no regard for employee wellbeing.
I didn't mind LPT, I then moved to irish life. 2 weeks training but actual time was roughly 4 days. Compared to other Health services were 2 months is required this is abysmal. No help whatsoever on tge floor. It feels that you are an annoyance when asking for help. If you don't have any anger issues you will once working for tgis disgrace of a company
Stay away if u don't want stress in your life ...7 mins away from your desk for the whole day ...join the army it would be less strict ..u could have a family member sick or you could be very sick they don't care..thrown into calls no time to finish your previous notes.....your work colleagues are great HR...is useless
Poorly run. No time for staff who put in good work for very little money. Inundated with calls all day long the only breaks being lunch and a poxy 7 mins away from your desk which is monitored. STAY AWAY
The people you meet in abtran are ones who will stay in your life. They hire some of the best people however as the salary isn’t great it’s hard to retain tenured staff. If you last more than 12 months in the job it’s almost like an accomplishment!!
Abtran has a very friendly work environment but it’s not the field of work I’m aiming towards, I do still enjoy working there but I would like to broaden my CV
From the first call I received from the company to present day (few months in) I cannot recommend the company highly enough. They give you every opportunity to succeed and build a career here which I have not seen before. The vibes in the office are very positive and everyone gets on. There is a lot of fun to be had here from nights out to pizza days and decorating your pod for things like xmas and Halloween.
I feel people are approachable here and will help you if you ask and extra support is available if needed.

A great company for Sligo and much needed in the area.
This company allows you to progress up the ranks in a short period of time, with very little requirements.
Recruitment process was fantastic. There is a family culture within the firm, all help is there when you need it.

I really see a strong future here.
A Dublino Abtran è uno dei maggiori providers di call centres per enti pubblici e grandi aziende. Lo stipendio è buono considerando che è il triplo di uno stipendio italiano, ma lavoro è stressante e competitivo. Si è sempre sotto esame, ma i team leaders e supervisors sono molto preparati e collaborativi. Non ci sono grandi prospettive di carriera
Pros
Ambiente internazionale e personale competente
Cons
Troppo stress e poche prospettive di fare carriera
Need to reward tenure and do more to keep tenure. THey need to improve turnover by paying more for targets hit etc. They also need to offer more progression to tenured agents.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very bad pay