Abtran Employee Reviews

Customer service
Customer Data Exceptions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cork17 July 2018
Good place to work for, a lot of friendly staff and random people. Can be stressful at times however it does have it's perks. Food canteen on site with breakfast lunch and supper.
Worst Place
Customer service, sales, billing & tech (Former Employee) –  Curraheen, County Cork10 July 2018
I had the misfortune of working for this company for a year.
Horrible management, training was poor both occasions took me 6 months to avail of holidays.
Pros
People i made friends with
Cons
everything else
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2018
Overall a great place to work, I was based on a clients site so never worked at the head office but from what I saw and heard of it it was also a pretty good place to work.

Great managment team who lokked after myself and team mates extremly well.
Pros
Great team
Cons
very little permancy
Fun workplace
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork7 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time in Abtran, the people were lovely and the pay was great. However, dealing with angry customers over the phone can get very frustrating so you definitely need some headspace.
Pros
Great benefits such as commission
Cons
Angry Customers
Fun place to work and amazing expierence with dealing with people
Telesales agent (Former Employee) –  Cork26 March 2018
Got some amazing friends from working here and also amazong expierence dealing with people. Commission base structure along side a hourly wage leaves for some healthy competition for more money and to top the leaderboards
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
No sick pay
Long time employee
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cork24 January 2018
Working at abtran for 11 years now and it has given me security in my job and experiences that I never had. I have grown with my career and advanced in many ways.
No progression. No sick pay only for team leaders.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork23 January 2018
I worked here for 2 years and it was the worst place I ever worked. Made good life long friends here but that is the only positive thing I can take away from my experience. I had 5 team leader in the 2 years I was there. No consistency no stability. You are treared like a child at school. And God forbid you were out sick for 'non visable' illnesses you haven't a chance.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Everything else
Abtran
Advisor Duties (Former Employee) –  Cork18 January 2018
The company is ok to work for but can be very click orientated the company itself seems to have to many team leaders that are meant to lead but don't seem to know the product at all and rely on other departments to aid in advise for team members
Pros
Salary is ok but monthly
Cons
Lack of knowledge by team leaders / Lack of wanting to help team members at times
Easy site to use and update
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cork15 January 2018
Have yet to find a suitable position, but have not lost faith yet. I would like to see a bigger variety of positions available from different companies, rather than just a lot of positions through agencies, as it you sometimes are not aware of what companies you are applying for.
emplyment background
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  maynooth2 January 2018
At Abtran, delivering great service to your customers goes to two fundamental questions – how do we make it easier for them to access your services and how do we transfer our know-how to deliver a great service experience?
That means that every aspect of your customer service footprint is considered from giving them access to the right channels, to empowering them to serve themselves whilst we help them take care of the exceptions.

Want to know more about Abtran?

Ask a question
Good experience for starters.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2017
Nice experience for start. Good training provided.
Good management. Busy days not so bad, could be better.
Lack of organisation. Not really good salary. Overtimes paid same as regular hours, should be paid more.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary
Avoid- don't do it to yourself!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cork4 October 2017
Abtran is a tiring company to work for. The pay is atrocious and does not reflect the level of work you have to carry out. There are minimal/ no additional benefits. There is little scope for progression and the majority of the management have never been managers in any other organisations, so therefore do not have the appropriate skill set to be managers! If you can at all, do not give any of your time or energy to this company.
Pros
The friends you make
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, inadequate management
Basic job
Support desk (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin2 October 2017
Over all the Dublin office does not get as much credibility as the cork office. We never got any benefits i.e. Pizza days or treats for the hard work we have put in. The pay is terrible especially for living in Dublin with high rents an living costs. There was no free food ie fruit baskets or anything. The support was great when you got it. The job is a good job. But for the hours an the effort put in it's not great. The good thing was that it was mainly a Monday to Friday job. I was waiting until near the end of my contract to find out if I was being kept on or not. Which I felt was not very professional when we were advised we could be kept on. I did expect this is happen at least a month before the end of my contract. There was a lack of communication in the place. It's very hard if not impossible to get an annual leave day.
Pros
Team leader was absolutely excellent very understanding
Cons
Long hours not very good pay, No time off, No extra pay for doing over time or working for Saturdays.
Worst mistake taking a job there
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork18 September 2017
Work here if you are desperate for a job...It is a stressful job you get paid to argue with customers basically. Management don't support there staff what so ever. No such thing as a supervisor need to be thicked skinned to take the abuse down the phone.

Long shifts 10.5hrs shifts breaks are timed also. Food is horrible. only have 10mins a day to go to the toilet. Management very condicending and employees treated like children.

Company doesn't even follow there HR policies either.

Avoid if possible.
Pros
friends you make there
Cons
everything else
Great people, shockingly poor pay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cork30 August 2017
Great people. Direct managers are caring and will try to help wherever they can. That means a lot and has counted for so much.

Pay is terrible. Really bad. People have left there in order to work in other minimum (or close enough to be considered) paid jobs with the lower level of stress.

It could be a great place to work but the lack of money has a very, very poor impact on overall mood of workers. Very basic job but with very high expectations.
Pros
secure
Cons
low pay
nice atmosphere, lovely staff
Private. (Current Employee) –  Cork28 August 2017
Lovely company in all.
Could improve staff moral with more development of agents.
Recognise individuals work ethic a bit more frequently.
Nice location
Pros
people, hours and facilities
If you need a bit of cash, look somewhere else
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cork25 August 2017
As others stated not many positive aspect's to working here, poor wage is a killer, especially if your paid monthly. You will start on €9.38 and of your Lucky they might increase that by 10-20 cent every couple of years. Ideal for young people just make sure you dont grow old working at Abtran. for the amount of work and stress you need to endure due to demands of the public or the sheer incpmpetence of "Yes Men" managers, who got where they are by saying the right things, not exactly doing the rights things. they low wage does not fairly comensate you for your efforts. Also I would like to point out the salary is NOT competitive and the canteen is NOT subsidised like advertised. Typical Abtran.
Pros
People
Cons
wage, canteen price + food, hours, pay, lack of progression
It is not worth the effort.
Bilingual customer care agent (Former Employee) –  Cork22 August 2017
It is not worth the effort. The salary is miserable compared to the workload. However the work conditions are different in the different accounts inside the company. As far as I know the working conditions can change consistently from an account to another. For example, in one account you could some benefits and bonuses not offered in another one.
Beware of the new accounts, generally they put not experienced manager working there and the last thing you want is being managed by a person that does not know how to deal with people!
Human Resources will rarely help you and most of the time they will not reply to your queries or they will not fix any problems.
The only pro is the canteen. Nice food is served at an affordable price. Other than that, there are not many reasons to work for them.
Anyway it is not the worst company ever... I saw worst companies!
Pros
canteen
Cons
manegement
Nice company, difficult job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork10 August 2017
The people at Abtran are very nice and extremely helpful to new hires. However, this is not a nice job. You will be screamed at daily by customers.Very few people meet their targets as a lot of it is down to luck and it can be very disheartening.
Pros
Teams, management
Cons
everything else
fun working place
Sales Advisor/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Cork27 July 2017
i am learning a lot from working here, the most enjoyable part of the job would be chatting to really nice customers on the phone and giving a helping hand.
Pros
commission
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abtran. Our community is ready to answer.