Abtran

Abtran Employee Reviews

Ireland205 reviews

Fun workplace

Didn't mind working for abtran. Made great friends there and also hot 4 years call.centre experience which is always handy to have once you move on from working from abtran.

Pros

Morning shifs

Cons

3 day working together

A good place to work

I enjoy working at abtran, Management and TLs are there if you need them . If your willing to learn then you will do just fine. Some times it can be hectic with the call volumes but it make your day go quicker.

modern Slavery

Irish life customer service agent.11.20 ph to be worked to the bone. McDonalds better place to work. No proper training thrown in deep supposed to learn everything after being shown once. Support from a few was great but management don't care its a joke. Expected to answer 250 calls a week. new job 60 a week and 14 ph its time abtran copped on and pay properly even eircom gone up in pay.

Pros

work from home

Cons

no support nothing but criticism no career path apa promised but not delivered

ok

abtran is a good environment to work in i really enjoy my daily work and the people are a pleasure to work with i enjoy taking the calls and the days flies

Good start but little else

Management are focused on hitting targets and are absolutely terrified of displeasing their clients, so work their employees immensely hard and won't hesitate to throw them under the bus if they need to.

Only if you're desperate

Constant nitpicking from team leaders (including some who aren't my own team leader and have never had any involvement with me), training & quality analysts, and the client themselves. You could do a thousand things right and one thing wrong and they will focus on the one wrong thing, no matter how trivial it is.The initial training was substandard. Three days of someone reading PowerPoint slides without explaining anything very well (who admitted at the end that it was because they didn't know the account and went in one Monday morning and was told to train us) and then immediately thrown on to calls to figure everything out myself, and just when I was getting the hang of things they changed everything and I had to start from square one. At one point I and several others were put onto a new account without any prior warning or training. Just told to read the website ourselves. After two weeks of stuttering and stammering and basically guessing on those calls, I and my colleagues in the same boat were told we would then be taking calls from the previous account as well as the current one and a new one on top of it. In essence, working three somewhat related accounts when only trained for one of them. And of course being lambasted when doing things wrong.A typical day will either be a stress-inducing bombardment of calls or a day spent staring at the wall. There is never anything in between. Shift times change week to week and can include weekends and bank holidays so nothing can be planned more than a week in advance without having to use up annual leave days.Apart from -

Do Not Go There

It was a very unprofessional environment, where boys being boys was accepted and put down to banter. If you have any kind of work ethic working here is not for you!!!

Avoid

Avoid! At all cost. Abtran is infamous for a reason. Soul destroying and they do not pay a fair wage. People get away with doing no work while others are hounded.

Breaks are awful and hourly pay not great. My team are lovely though, team lead very nice. Overall happy working here but unhappy with breaks

Work from home and get max 10 mins away from desk time, told this includes bathroom breaks, getting cup of tea or water, or just move around for a min or two for your own health. You get half hour lunch which is alright. But "away from desk" time is ridiculously short. We're not children, we know if we don't do our job or we're slacking we would lose our job, no need to be so unfair with away from desk time. Should be 20 mins away from desk time for 7 and a half hrs. That I have to leg it around to get my water or use the loo is very stressful. Other jobs I've had have never limited this so muchMy team are great, very supportive and helpful which makes everything easier. Team lead is lovely and trainer was lovely. Would like to stay in the company but would hope that the company looks at this issue and the breaks increase a little bit, staff work better and harder when they're treated right and fairly.

Negative overall experience

Great people mostly, terrible job, not enough training, thrown in the deep end with callers with important issues and no idea how to help them properly. The pay was also absolutely terrible.

Good place to start

Interview was straightforward enough, had to do a mock phonecall role play with the interviewer which was a bit awkward as I knew nothing about the account I was interviewing for so I didn't know what to say! Training was excellent, classroom based for 2 weeks and then up on the floor to grad Bay with a dedicated person watching over the group to help when you had any questions. Split into dedicated teams after grad bay. As with all call centres, management will always be far superior but if you're lucky you'll get a good Team Leader who will actually help you out when needed. The targets seem impossible some days and the constant monthly reviews where you have to talk about future goals, strengths and weaknesses seem waste of time for all involved. Definatley not worth the minimum wage that you are paid. The good is its a great work experience to put on a CV, Abtran produce good employees, it's just a shame they're not paid a living wage so they never hang on to them for too long. Getting time off always a bit of a headache too, if your time isn't approved you then have to go through the chore of having to find a swap. Don't be sick either, more than 3 absences in a 6 month period and you're out! Only reason I lasted so long was I was lucky with the Team Leaders that I got and they looked after me.

Great colleagues and great place to work

Nice people, good atmosphere, training could be better. A lot of turnover of staff.I would recommend it, even though the salary could be better. But overall a good experience.

Pros

Great atmosphere Great colleagues

Cons

Training could better

Terrible

Wouldn't bother wasting your time with this lot but if your very stuck for a job it will get your true there management are a job training is rubbish nothing is done correctly I would defo avoid

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything Else

Don’t work for them

They give you 7 minutes a day away from your desk. If you go over that 7 minutes they call you out by name in an email that goes out to your whole team, like you’re a naughty child. If you go over 7 minutes on a call you’re also called out. Low pay. Training is abysmal and you’ll be put on calls way before you’re ready.

Pros

Remote working.

Cons

No culture whatsoever, just treat you like a call answering robot.

Good job as a first reception/call centre job

Breaks are ridiculously short 7 minutes and 30minutes for lunch.you won’t be killed if you go over this time limit but everyone everyday gets sent a record of how long you and your colleagues took breaks for how many calls they answered to etc ….The training was two weeks which sounds short but a lot more could have been done instead we spent most of it playing memory games or practicing emails and not actually important things to prepare when on the phone ….The first day is intense if it’s your first call centre job it’s good stepping stone to move up and onwards to another better paying job …can’t see myself staying to long here,also the system crashes probably about 2 times a day and can stay like that for up to an hour to start working again …so working from home can make this very tedious.The place seems desperate as the interview was easy and to get the job was easy so I think they just want as many calls answered as possible I haven’t really gotten extensive feedback yet The job is easy enough you don’t feel like your every move is being watched it can depend on what team leader you have but most of the time you have to put customer on hold and wait a while for a superviser to advise on what to do if your stuck….you also have to be fast typer as you need to write a query after every single call and try have it done (while with the customer on the phone)mainly you will be reading off the ndls website everyday,and will be repeating yourself as there can be a lot of issues with online applications and the glorious mygovID account majority of calls people are lovely on phone -

Pros

Work froM home

Cons

The system crashes, short breaks, low wage

Easy work place

It’s an easy job and very secured. The only thing is that they are changing you from campaign to an other during a year but always on the same group sector. Ex. Government campaigns.

Pros

Security and stability

Cons

Constantly changing campaigns

Stressful/unfair

Monitored constantly through out shift, only given half an hour breaks, managers only care about hitting targets, put in the deep end with barely any training and expected to hit unrealistic targets

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Half an hour breaks, micro managed, poorly trained

Stressful, monotonous and repetitive

A typical day working for the company is usually very stressful on some days due to the high volume of calls. The high volume of calls and workload can drive you up the wall. The role is very monotonous and repetitive. This job isn't mind stimulating and you can get extremely bored doing the same thing everyday. The breaks in my opinion are not fair. You usually would get a 15-minute paid break and 30 minutes lunch working a typical 9-5pm, of which they have replaced with a 15-minute meeting, so technically you don't have a break. Management is overworked and lack knowledge of general information. Training is extremely poor and rushed especially for how much information and processes are constantly changing. This isn't the company most people would stay in. There is a high turnover rate in the company as they are constantly recruiting. This is a bad sign. The only beneficial thing about working with Abtran is remote working, so you save costs for travelling. However, the company doesn't cover costs of working from home. The workplace culture is boring especially if you WFH. The company has some good elements depending on your circumstances such as extra pay on weekends and flexibility. Overall, I'm still grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Abtran and their clients, however I don't recommend working for this company due to the reasons listed above. I suggest, if you don't have prior work experience and looking for a job, the requirements for a Call-Centre Customer Advisor are easy and pretty straightforward.

Could be alot better

So I've been here less than 6 months and I've been passed around like my other colleagues from account to account, the people I work with a lovely , it's hard working from home as you don't get to mix with people like you do in an office environment. I would like to climb the ladder but nothing is permanent in the company nothing ever seems stable. I worked Christmas day they sent out an email to everyone saying if you work Christmas day you get €35 per hour, some of us never got paid at all and this is months on HR and Payroll won't even entertain us. Team Leader roles ask me what they do ? They don't score calls they don't help if you have a question and they don't reply to an email for a week and sometimes 2 weeks. If anything you feel like a nuisance to them. Those who work hard are not rewarded, and those who don't work hard or don't work at all need to be dealt with individually. They can't keep staff and wonder why they can't get staff, low wages and no support, no communication.We had 2 put in a whole month with no wages to finally get 2 weeks pay it's just madness, no pay rise after 6 months like most call centres large room for alot improvements but people will turn a blind eye and take there wages and not care how the company is run or what improvements need to be made.

Pros

Cons

Low wages, half hour break, working weekends

Relaxed place but your going nowhere

Abtran is very laid back to work for and the other people you work with are great but its such a waste of time. You're gonna get nowhere working there and management only promote who is popular. If you're the hardest worker or the worst worker it doesn't matter if your not popular you're not getting ahead. The shift work is annoying to.

Staff are treated like working in a sweat shop

The place is not employee friendly. Constantly watched, it’s like working in a sweat shop. No breaks if working 9-5 except 1/2 lunch break. No sick pay which adds to stress. Micro management

Pros

Training is the best part

Cons

No proper breaks, constant monitors. Calls are quality controlled every week, Every place I’ve worked for is once a month, Minimum wage, not worth the stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abtran. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement