Activ8 Energies

Activ8 Energies Employee Reviews

You get what you give

I have worked in Activ8 for a number of years now and I have learned so much. The office is fast paced so being organized is extremely important but the people who work there make it a fun place to be. If you work hard, it pays off and management are always willing to work with you where they can. Cons: Minimum statutory holidays

A bright future for Activ8 + sales are through the roof!🌞

My time so far in Activ8 has been very positive - there is a good work life balance and plenty of staff recognition days/lunches etc. and bonuses. The work load reflects the constant growth in the industry and expansion of the company which is great to see. Any ideas brought forward to management are welcomed and seen through which I respect. Overall the line of work is far from stagnant and change is constant in a positive way. It is fast paced but this is to be expected considering the field. Management provide the resources required and encourage employees to upskill/do courses. There is an open door policy and unlike a lot of other companies there is very much a family atmosphere. Any issues are dealt with quickly and met with a realistic and personal approach. I look forward to watching Activ8 grow and be a part of a great cause to encourage the use of renewable energy in Ireland and hopefully have a positive impact on the future of our climate!

Pros

Staff appreciation gestures / Flexibility/Good Atmosphere /Sociable hours

Avoid at all costs

The job itself is monotonous and mundane, and sucks a little bit of your soul out of your body with every dial of the phone. Systems are inefficient, time consuming, and outdated. Management don't care because they're not the ones having to use it. All they seem to care about is belittling their coworkers to make themselves feel better about dedicating the last decade of their lives to being trapped in a deadend job.Everyone there is deeply unhappy, and it creates a cold unwelcoming atmosphere. There's no room for growth and no room for new ideas. They'll also find any excuse to not give you a payrise, regardless of your KPI.The ridiculously high staff turnover speaks for itself. It doesn't take people long to realize that the nonsense they have to put up with just is not worth the few scabby pennies above minimum wage. But of course, management is not the problem. Everyone else is.

Professional and competent company

I have been working with Activ8 Solar Energies for a good few years now and have always found the staff and management professional and easy to deal with. The company's standards are second to none and this is reflected in regular positive feedback from customers which is always enjoyable to hear. I would recommend Activ8 Solar Energies for anyone who feels up to the challenge while also helping to shape Ireland's future.

Great training, Quality and H&S.

I really enjoyed my time in Activ8. I received great training on the complete installation of solar PV and Thermal systems. H&S and Quality is key in everything they do which I really liked. I found management to be very firm but fair, if you do a good job then you are rewarded and praised. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking a job in renewables.

Fast paced, but fun friendly environment

Activ8 Energies for me was great place to work, I was happy to go into work every day I was there, there's a good work culture with interesting & fun people

Good Job with a progressive company.

Enjoy working here, fast paced office environment, onboarding was fantastic with a welcome from everyone. Pay is above minimum wage and good earning potential. Working 9- 5 Monday to Friday. With good perks - lunch, incentives and a lot of social outings organised by the company. Management are very aware of employees circumstances and act according. Have recommended to friends as good referral scheme in place.

Hard work pays off

Working at their HQ for just under a year, training was fantastic and really prepped for the busy environment. My manager gos above and beyond to ensure the team are well equipped to carry out our roles. Really nice culture with social clubs, days out and team lunches. Salary is above market which was the main driver for me to apply for role. Ongoing training also allowing me to step up to a more senior position within the team. Really see longevity with Activ8.

Pros

Engagement - lunches, additional training

Cons

Busy environment - you personally need to be organised

Good company culture

Worked at Activ8 for just over 2 years, found the management team friendly and approachable and were always available to offer assistance. Got some good career advice. Overall salary and bonus scheme was good with the nice additional yearly bonus at Christmas. Sad to part ways as I set about travelling but would like to return one day.

Toxic place.

Would advise any trades person to STAY well away from this toxic environment. Poorly paid, travelling ridiculous miles and expected to work. Management care about themselves. Very poorly run company with a high turn over .

Toxic environment and poor management

If you want to be paid a pittance for a job where the atmosphere is horrendously toxic then this is the place for you. Management don't want to listen to their unhappy staff. If you bring up any issue you have you'll be called negative or disrespectful. Sit there and agree with management is what they want you to do, don't have your own mind or opinion. Look at the rate they hire staff, especially 'appointment coordinators'. No one can take it for too long and it has nothing got to do with the job of appointment coordinator/telesales itself, in my experience I quite enjoyed the job itself, it's just down to poor management but the issue will never be them. They could do with putting in a revolving door at the rate they lose staff. Let's hope that new HQ has one!

Fast Paced - Growing Company

A great place to work, colleagues are like family with, random breakfasts, treats and fundraising events. Internal and external training is provided and a good teamwork culture is encouraged. Social outings are legendary.

Pros

Social Outings, Christmas hampers, incentives, family atmosphere

Cons

Old office not fit for purpose - New office in March though

Forward thinking and welcoming company

My overall experience within Activ8 Energies has been extremely positive. The interview process allowed for me to exhibit my skills and fit within the company. Management are approachable and open to new ideas. Overall team are extremely welcoming and within a short space of time I felt like part of the family. I would recommend Activ8 to all future job seekers.

Pros

Social Club, Family Feel

Horrible place to work

If you’re thinking about applying for a job here then don’t. Horrible place to work I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. High turn over of staff which speaks for itself really. Try and make out the job itself isn’t for everyone but that isn’t the case. It’s the terrible management really. Do not trust them!! They ask you for feedback on the regular but don’t want to actually hear about it or your problems in the workplace. They aren’t open to any new ideas or suggestions. They make it out to be this nice fun place to work but it is furthest thing from the truth. Only good thing about it is having the weekends off. The bonuses aren’t worth it either.

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Not even a livibg

Paid pittance for a stressful and monotonous job. Really high turnover which speaks for itself. Do not trust the upper management. Only small benefit is not working weekends.

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

The hours

fun

we would approach people and try to convince people to install solar panels into their homes to minimise their bills and save them money. The hard part was reading people to see what direction we would take in pulling them into our stand.

Pros

Meeting new people, bringing out confidence

Cons

standing all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Activ8 Energies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement