Activision

Activision Employee Reviews

Ireland13 reviews
Was a videogame company and our job as videogame tester was to find problems or bugs in our relative language and of curse have fun aswell, really good people workig here.
I do not recommend anyone to work there.The salary is really low for a city like Dublin, contracts are temporary, max 18months. Career growth is non existant, they pretend like everyone has a chance when it's really all about those already permanent.Expect to work weekends and banks holidays.
Management is really really bad, they treat people poorly, especially temporary testers.

So many more problems there, management made it a really toxic place to work, it's a factory, where you don't matter at all,I do not recommend.
Overworked, underpaid, temporary contract, zero benefits.
Life balance is non-existent. Salary is lower than McDonalds for doing quality assurance, seriously.
Very poor working conditions, exploitation at its finest. Shame on Activision for running the Localizations office as a sweat shop. People were amazed to hear that such high profile company would treat their employees this way.
Pros
You get to learn curse words in other languages
Cons
Work in shifts, work on weekends compensated as regular days, parking provided to top management only, AC shut down on weekends to save costs
I was with Activision as a junior tester for work experience in Transition Year. My job entailed playing through pre-production video games, and noting down any bugs/text mistakes that occurred so they could be rectified
Pros
Interesting work environment
Cons
No cons
Working in Activision was very fun due to the diversity of its people, countless languages and cultures. The downside of working in Activision is that it is absolutely impossible to advance in this company, as all contracts are temporary only. Regardless of how much work an individual puts in, it all comes down to the bias opinion of the manager whether you are worth keeping around or not.
Pros
Free coffee machine
Cons
Poor management
I will always remember my time at Activision fondly. From my very first day there I knew I would fit right in. There is always a great atmosphere in the office and there's a really satisfying team spirit. The work can be challenging at times, and repetitive at others. All in all, a great place to work.
Pros
Good staff parties
Cons
Pay could be a little higher
Satisfaction Dublin is very nice place to work for, with a strong multicultural environment. Here you can meet a lot of people freshly arrived in Dublin and looking for first work experience.
Gaming culture is very strong inside the office and you learn a lot about QA process, mostly the localization part.

Work hours and overtime are frequent while approaching deadlines and employers are asked to be flexible to work on weekends when needed.
Pros
Cool people, no hassle
Cons
Lack of opportunities.
Demonware is a lovely place to work with nice people. Great benefits and bonuses company's culture is key to it's success
Pros
free lunches, yoga, breakfast on certain days, fruit, employee game order store
Cons
depending on time of year lovely place to work with nive people long hours
Most of my professional experience is based on my 7 months job as a QA tester for Activision Dublin, where i learned and developed good skills in the QA department and where i was able to discover my best attributes in a work environment. As a QA tester i learned everything about the QA process and developed skills in some of the most important softwares in the videogame industry (Jira, for example), i also worked on franchises which are among the top tier in the industry, like Call of Duty (and it's last incarnation: Advanced Warfare) and Skylanders. As for the attributes which make me a good choice as an employee, i would like to focus on three of them: commitment, team work and resiliency. Team work is usually essential, and my experience made me learn what's the best way of doing it; working together for a higher purpose, a perfect service for the final user, i feel like commitment is one of the most important attributes when the job is a service i'm giving, the service has to be the best i can give and i've always been ready to work harder, overtime and under pressure, and that's where resiliency come into play; putting everything i have on a project and be ready to start once again the day after.
Pros
Good environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Activision?
very organized company, with a lot of benefits and opportunities to grow in the industry.
Pros
free samples of the new games
Cons
shifts rotation
My experience at Activision is really positive.
The workflow is very flexible, dynamic, different projects and constant changes. My typical day at work is to check my daily assignment, have a meeting, find the best way to complete the task with the co-workers, depending on the project.

My tasks are several:

Identify localization and functional bugs, black-box testing, reporting bugs in the internal database, implement checklists for upcoming projects, co-ordinate new employees, recommend ad-hoc translations, evaluate language components...
Activision is a leading video game company and this is shown in the environment people work every day.
Pros
enough time to lunch and availability to take breaks from work if you are stressed.
Cons
salaries are not very high