ALDI
Here to help: Coronavirus update

ALDI Employee Reviews

Ireland140 reviews
nice place to work
Handling money at the registers with counting and giving money
Making sure that the presentation of stock is clean and up to standards

Maintaining cleanliness throughout the establishment

Ensuring customers are the right age to purchase alcohol

Rotating and replenishing stock

Ensuring all stock that is displayed is in date and removing any that is out of date
Was stressful and unwelcome place to work
I was very disappointed and for me was very stressful time in my life. Store Manager has really bad behavior to me and I had few times conflict with him and I decided that I don’t need this stress in my life. Most of the time I had feelings that I’m not
Ok
Aldi as an employer have to invest more in to their own employees, that’s causing big staff rotation in stores. Very fast environment with great multitasking learning skills.
Worst experience ever
Always on the go. working out the change difference on the till is done in your head. always doing 5 jobs at the one time. wished I started in a different supermarket.
Great work environment
My overall view of Aldi was excellent. It was a great place to work, nice group of guys and management was extremely friendly and helpful. I ended my employment because I have to return to college.
good place to work
good place to work just not enough hours given could picking in specials area you could travel a hour to work but could only end up been in work for maybe two hours
Assistant store manager
Very surprised by the lack of a HR presence in the business. Store managers have very limited knowledge and results gross violations against employees
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Poor working conditions and pay benefits
Great
Great job for someone who wants to put their head down and work hard.
Progression is available for those who show they are capable.

They prefer to promote from within the company.
Hard Work, well paid.
Great wages, Trainning, staff. You need to be physically fit and a quick thinker to fit in. Different shops have different personalities making moves within the company like starting a new job all over again.
Hard work on very fast speed.
All tasks has to be done on restricted time limit. Some task are related with goods delivery, have to keep an eye on replenishment of goods and of course work at the checkout.
Short term employment
I worked as a warehouse operator in ALDI for one year part-time while I was in college. I worked two shifts on the weekend from 7-3. I was actually employed by ISS facilities services to work in the warehouse. Overall the work wasn't that hard but the volume of work made things challenging. Usually you had the most work to do right before your shift finished. This is very much a short term job, there was a completely different staff from the month I started to the month I left.
Pros
Can be a good job for someone between careers
Cons
unfriendly managers, minimum breaks
Never Again
Was the single worst work environment i have ever been a part of. You,re timed on things like packing away pallets etc. if you don't meet these times your reprimanded. pay is decent but simply not work the stress
Lot of pressure and stressful workplace
Warehouse just not a nice environment except for a few people other other than that just a lot of pressure about pick rates and stuff expect you to work like a machine.
Pros
Nice Canteen
Cons
No Prospect of a contract
Great Place
Lovely company to work for

Work is tough and taxing but the job is rewarding , well paid and co workers are actually happy to be at work , great environment!

10/10 recommend
Nice and friendly place to work
-delivery,date check,restock,organizing warehouse,work at the till/shop flor
-good organisation

-timing

-good atmosphere

-nice environment to work in

Hard work
Fast pace everyday hard work everyday but we'll rewarded
Great team spirit and every person works together to achieve the stores target. Paid well for the work done
hard work but rewarding
it is a fast paced environment but it is very rewarding, each store staff is very friendly and working toward making there store better,
pay is highly competitive pay scale
Hard and Fast
They pay you well and loads of room for promotions if you are willing to work hard. Management can act harsh but there 4 people to keep up a busy store and that can be a bit frustrating in the morning which is understandable.
Constant hours being cut. Zero work life balance. Zero appreciation
Started grand and slowly they pushed for more productive by slashing hours excepting three people to do the work of three. Zero work life balance could work till 11 one night have a day off and be back in 6.30am the next alot of shifts under the six hour mark as not to have a half an hour. Five pm starts common also
Good company to work for.
Very demanding but also rewarding jobs within the company, with advancement opportunities if desired. Constantly evolving company which provides good training.
Do not recommend it to anyone
Worst place i have ever worked.
Even though they pay more then minimum wage, the expectations and the wage are far from each other.

Do not work there'