ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 169 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,437 reviews

Hard work

Shift change every week. You are given your shifts 4 weeks in advance (subject to change). You could start at 6am and you can finish at 11pm. Which can be very long unsociable hours.There is no HR department so your manager really has all the power.You don't have to be good at maths to work at Aldi. That's just a rumour. If you use your subtotal button on the till it will work out your change for you. So if you have dyslexia or just aren't the best at on the spot maths make sure you talk to your area manager to get some information about this.

Cons

25 hour contract

Good competitive culture to work in.

Good competitive culture to work in. You really are put to the test with Aldi, work hard and good rewards. Working day goes by very quick as kept busy, very good structure to the day.

Pros

Work day go’s quickly as busy

Cons

Very busy and demanding role to keep up

(The store manager swears at the staff) (the rota is always changing I’ve worked in a few Aldi’s it’s the same )

The store manager swears at the staff, never appreciate how hard you work for them. the rota is always changing all the time,I’ve worked in a few Aldi’s it’s the same,.

Pros

Close to my house

Cons

(Abuse from store manager)(Same in all Aldi’s)(Rota changes so you can’t plan for anything)

It's a great place!!! If you are into slavery,that is

So, after my first week as a shop assistant I got my answer on why they keep on hiring people all the time, I am sure this applies for the other big German brand in this retail segment, and it's because many come attracted to the good-sounding starting wage and (my guess is ) they leave for the mad amount of work you have to put in as a main reason and other small issues besides....a rota that doesn't allow for any plans, maybe personal issues with managers/colleagues.Management and colleagues are great in my case but sadly they are also just pawns who have to play this neverending game of stocking, tills, etc all against the time pressure. Be ready to be worked like a prisoner on death row , MIND YOUR BACK and if you have back problems I would highly recommend to stay away from this , to have to work in a week maybe two days in the morning and two till late so yeah...if you NEED a job, you'll get it...but be prepared to be amazed in a not very pleasant I'd say I would categorize it as a (relatively good paid)German Sweatshop

Pros

In my case, very nice management and colleagues.

Cons

Crazy amount of work and huge nonstop time pressure

Like a prison

You have no life whatsoever when in Aldi I would not recommend it to my worst enemy and that’s saying something. It’s run like a prison camp they care about their staff at all.

Pros

Good pay that’s it.

Cons

No life

Not bad for students and first/second job

Typical day includes stacking shelves being called on till and serving customers, high targets are expected and you have to be super fast, not for the faint hearted. For the retail sector the pay isnt bad.

Pros

Pay, Good Management

Cons

High pressure, rotating shifts, 6am starts, 10pm finishes

Like a concentration camp

Was my worst job of all. Management is very pushy. You are being timed at every task. If didn’t finish the task you have been given in time at the end of the day you will be called into the office and told that you were not productive enough today. The worst shoft of all it’s morning shift where you have to do 3 or 4 tasks in 3 hours plus cleaning before the shop was opening. The worst job experience in my entire life.

Pros

Cons

A lot

Advises

After 14 months I enjoyed to work with my colleague and some manager.The salary and amount of hours are ridiculous.they told you full time during the interview and when you go to sign your contract you can read between the 100 pages that the full time is 20 or 25 hours per week.Almost refuse the job but needed to work.

Cons

Salary and hours

Stressful

At the start it was OK. But once you prove yourself as being reliable and a good worker, management are happy to throw any work that other colleagues have failed to complete. They expect you to devote your entire life to the job if you want to progress. The environment was very toxic and in my experience the management and area managers don't care at all for the well being of their staff. All they seemed interested in was expenses and keeping losses to a minimum, by means of putting all kinds of stress onto staff.In my store there was also a lot of inappropriate and harassment that was reported to the management on multiple occasions and was completely overlooked. Absolutely do not recommend Aldi

Pros

Paid 30 min lunch

Cons

Stressful

Avoid if possible, unhealthy atmosphere

Poor general manager, pushing everyone around from 6 morning to be faster even staff there is flying. Giving out for drinking water on job :ILack of training and progression.

Fast paced. Strict. Poor management

Very well paid but no money is worth your dignity and respect. I advise you to stay away from this company. Low morale, poor management, KPI goal post changes to their benefit, in turn no structure for goal setting. Incompetence and lack of training shine through management. They promote dictators and judases. Money kept me there and I was highly depressed come the end. Something I paid for emotionally but luckily I got out before it got worse.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Disrespectful management

Not great

Stay away from this place, not a great place to be working. You will earn every cent you make!! They will work you to the bone. One of the worst jobs I ever had.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Many. Very stressful environment, stay away

Hard work but enjoyable

Aldi is a company for people who aren't afraid of hard work, you need to be the kind of person who wants to get as much work as possible done in your shift and achieve the best results rather than the type who wants to know what is the minimum amount you need to do. Pay and benefits are good with massive opportunities for progression if you have the right attitude. Generally Management are very helpful and will try to accommodate people when planning rotas to allow for needs outside of work.

Pros

Flexible rotas, Good pay, Opportunities for progression

Cons

Unsociable hours. Very early morning starts, some quite late finishes.

Can be a nice place but hard work.

I found that working at Aldi and being happy there depended on who your boss was at any time. When I first started ,there was a lovely manager but he got promoted and we ended up with the devil himself,, management didn't want to know. I felt staff moral wasn't of any importance.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

Constant changing of rota which interfered with home life

A truly great employer

I could not praise Aldi enough as an employer, I have worked for many companies before and since and none can compare in my view. When I first joined them I felt they were a great company to work for and I believe that during the following years they improved in every way, from the customer experience and as an employer.

Toxic culture horrible employer

Toxic culture and a terrible attitude to management. People are little more than a commodity. Work life balance was non existent as a manager. The pay is what keeps management in the company. That and the fact a lot of management will not get another job outside retail with prior education and work experience. They promote dependent on what clique you are in. Not based on your professionalism or work value.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

They own you body and soul

Some managers are difficult...

If you be a pet you go all the way .. if you have opinions keep to yourself... it’s good company to work for but it’s hard work & not for faint hearted

Pros

Wages reflect current climate for living

Cons

If your not part of click you won’t last

Great company to work for

When you work for Aldi your experience will differ depending on which Aldi store you work in. I’m very lucky because I work in my opinion one of the best stores available. I’m a single parent and they take that into consideration with regard to my rota. Yes it’s hard work which won’t suit everybody but if you are prepared to put the work in the rewards are fantastic.Over 3 years on and I still very much enjoy going to work.

Pros

Work life balance & paid breaks

Cons

None !!

Fast paced, but strangely relaxed!

I’ve worked for aldi for 18 years, and they’ve zipped by. Aldi can be a tough place to work, but also very rewarding, salary is excellent, majority of management is first class, in short I’d highly recommend working for them.

Pros

Face pace, salary

Cons

General public !

Worked in the main warehiuse

Worked as a forklift driver,management were fair with you,the staff you work with were really nice very friendly,we got our work done that was the main thing everyone pulled together,excellent company to work for,positive attitudes and always willing to help you succeed.

Pros

Fruit was free and tea n coffee

Cons

Not enough smoke breaks

Backbreaking

No thanks for backbreaking work. Constantly stressed and exhausted from management and unachievable expectations. Everyone in the job hates it and tries to get out even the people working there for years. I wouldn’t recommend applying one bit. One of my biggest regrets.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2K