ALDI Employee Reviews

Ireland147 reviews
Aldi was a good place to work. Not a place you can stand around. Alwayscon the go from start to finish. Its not a place for everyone to work and takes a bit of getting used to.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never get a weekend off
back braking, stressful experience, unrealistic expectations, mean management, odd shifts, you are expected to kill yourself working with no thank you in return. it takes years to have a chance to progress into management....
Pros
Cons
weekend work, early shifts
Best job ever! Best working environment, an fullfilling experience!! Everyone including store manager and all deputy managers are really helpfull, nice and friendly.
Well paid but not for the work you do and speed you have to do it in plus you had to do 12 modules on their computer witch was ajoke wanted you to do it in your own time plus if u get a question wrong you'd have to start all over its asupermarget they need to remember that they go threw staff because no one stays
If you feel and wish to be treated as a number and if you think that bullying is management style, then this is place for you. Work /life balance is very bad.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, hard work, poor pay
If you are not a robot this place will break your body somehow soon or later. palets are too heavy, too high, sometimes broken and you have to pull it around store. Maybe is not like that in every store idk. But managers of this places is always choose by same way: how well slave are you which means blindly following orders and how long is your tongue ;] Overall, if you have any ambitions in your life and you are not a simple di*k, just don't. But if you looking for job just for now you should handle that river of bullsh*t
No stability
Management changing rota every day without notifying the workers.

You cant plan you time off.

Company is focused only on the money workers means nothing.
I was very disappointed and for me was very stressful time in my life. Store Manager has really bad behavior to me and I had few times conflict with him and I decided that I don’t need this stress in my life. Most of the time I had feelings that I’m not
Handling money at the registers with counting and giving money
Making sure that the presentation of stock is clean and up to standards

Maintaining cleanliness throughout the establishment

Ensuring customers are the right age to purchase alcohol

Rotating and replenishing stock

Ensuring all stock that is displayed is in date and removing any that is out of date
Aldi as an employer have to invest more in to their own employees, that’s causing big staff rotation in stores. Very fast environment with great multitasking learning skills.
Always on the go. working out the change difference on the till is done in your head. always doing 5 jobs at the one time. wished I started in a different supermarket.
My overall view of Aldi was excellent. It was a great place to work, nice group of guys and management was extremely friendly and helpful. I ended my employment because I have to return to college.
good place to work just not enough hours given could picking in specials area you could travel a hour to work but could only end up been in work for maybe two hours
Very surprised by the lack of a HR presence in the business. Store managers have very limited knowledge and results gross violations against employees
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Poor working conditions and pay benefits
Great job for someone who wants to put their head down and work hard.
Progression is available for those who show they are capable.

They prefer to promote from within the company.
Great wages, Trainning, staff. You need to be physically fit and a quick thinker to fit in. Different shops have different personalities making moves within the company like starting a new job all over again.
All tasks has to be done on restricted time limit. Some task are related with goods delivery, have to keep an eye on replenishment of goods and of course work at the checkout.
I worked as a warehouse operator in ALDI for one year part-time while I was in college. I worked two shifts on the weekend from 7-3. I was actually employed by ISS facilities services to work in the warehouse. Overall the work wasn't that hard but the volume of work made things challenging. Usually you had the most work to do right before your shift finished. This is very much a short term job, there was a completely different staff from the month I started to the month I left.
Pros
Can be a good job for someone between careers
Cons
unfriendly managers, minimum breaks
Was the single worst work environment i have ever been a part of. You,re timed on things like packing away pallets etc. if you don't meet these times your reprimanded. pay is decent but simply not work the stress
Warehouse just not a nice environment except for a few people other other than that just a lot of pressure about pick rates and stuff expect you to work like a machine.
Pros
Nice Canteen
Cons
No Prospect of a contract
Lovely company to work for

Work is tough and taxing but the job is rewarding , well paid and co workers are actually happy to be at work , great environment!

10/10 recommend