ALDI Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

You’re seeing reviews in Charlotte, NC based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Charlotte, NC33 reviews
Once you get a hang of the daily operations it's an simple job. Depending on what you're doing that day, it can be physically demanding on ones body. The pay is descent, but you will reach a wage cap..and once you hit that you can do one of 3 things: tell management that you're interested in becoming a shift manager, or look for another job all together (bc its gonna be hard as H E L L trying to work for Aldi AND another place..they expect you to have open availability)..or you can just be okay with it and keep doing the same stuff day after day. But I can say that once you've reached your cap, you start to get end of the year bonuses for unused sick days and an extra pay check that is based off of your hr avg. But really tho..it's a temporary job, don't get caught up doing this for years and years without some sort of exit plan. Get what you need and get out. Oh, and the benefits are good too. Yay insurance!
Awful place to work. A lot of work is expected out of the very few employees that work at a time. Employees were constantly quitting at my store and my store manager was awful. The pay is not enough for how much they expect you to do. I would never work there again. The only positive thing I have to say about this job is I really enjoyed my co workers.
Pros
Cons
Very strenuous job. Little pay. Bad management
It was a job that paid and kept you as busy as I like to be and organized had an agenda everyday I liked that which made it easy to set new goals to knock out each day
Pros
You’re always busy and doing something different
Cons
Not flexible enough for people with kids/special
There are very few roles where a 22 year-old right out of college starts making $80,000 with a company car (A3), 90/10 benefits package with leading a team of 50+ people and no management experience. There was a definite learning curve with the opportunity to take away multiple transferrable skills that will set you up for success in any career.
The work is ridiculously hard and at a very fast pace. Management is only a figure head , they don’t make any real decisions. They don’t support their team and they are overpaid to do nothing. Most employees get injured pretty regularly. The only good thing is that they close at a decent time. I went in super excited to work for them and the management team is so inefficient that it kills the vibe fast!
Very hard work but, is an Amazing company with great benefits who treat all of their employees fairly. There is great opportunity for moving up within the company as well.
I was really excited to work at Aldi getting paid 13+. The first couple of months weren't so bad. I would go home with cuts and bruises from time to time. Also, management could use an upgrade. schedules for the next two weeks arent put out in advance. Once you're halfway through a weeks schedule the following weeks goes out. So if you have plans or like to see your schedule for the next two weeks in advance this isn't done here. Also, manage changes schedules without authorization or notification.
Pros
work day goes by fast, and pay is adequate
Cons
work breaks aren’t fully met, management needs improvement.
Great pay. Very stressful and hard on body after awhile. Prefer regular schedule to plan my life accordingly. Great benefits. Not enough perks for the job
This fast paced environment has strengthened my time management skills, allowed me to stay physically active and provided me with ample opportunities to collaborate with my fellow associates. Expectations are high, and contrary to popular belief- we do more than sit and ring all day.
Pros
physical activity, healthcare, team work
Cons
stressful, high expectations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALDI?
Job is good, we did everything at aldi. Putting or throwing food out to cleaning the store and checking out the customers also, making sure we put sales signs out. A lot of hours but it is worth it!
Pros
Fair break, benifits
Cons
Long hours.
The Starting pay is great and i liked my co workers. There is heavy lifting an sd you get older the work my get harder on your body. i think they should give employees a gym membership.
There are various responsibilities at aldi, mos days involve making sure sales products and signs are organized and Checking out customers sufficiently and kindly at the register.
If you don't mind hard physical labor, cold conditions, and early mornings this is a great job! During my 7 years as a general manager Aldi provided for my family through pay, great benefits, flexible hours, and extensive vacation, sick, personal days.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement after reaching GM position.
Aldi is just a great place to work it has great benefits and great pay. They have great management in all the stores I have been in and work in the employees are treated great.
Pros
There is no free lunch at Aldi.
Cons
You get a 15 minture break then your 30 minture lunch .
store manager position is very well paid but for what you put in does not compare. Managers are forced to work over 50 hours with no documentation off the clock
Pros
great pay
Cons
overworked, violate work hours and forced to work in unsecure hours and alone
A great place to work and there is always room to improve. My manager laways has my best intrest whenever I have a question or concern.I enjoy helping the customers to whatveer they need.
Pros
the pay
aldi is a great place to work. Great benefits! You work really hard. so if your for the lifting and moving around a lot aldi is the place you want to be,
as soon as you clock in its slaving. The stores are understaffed to managers are recruited from taco bell with non sense whats going on. awesome benefit and pay.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no work life balance
A typical day consists of restocking inventory and performing proper cash handling procedures with great customer service. ALDI takes retail to a whole new level. From customers to products I'm still amazed years later at how ALDI operates.
Pros
Breaks when needed and Always something new
Cons
Some days are better than others
Constant movement. Never dull. Always pushing the business and working hard to be able to leave on time. There's no lack of work...your plate is always full!
A day at work at Aldi is very busy and a lot of hard work. when you clock in you have to put your drawer out (your money to ring up customers) and make sure the lines are not long. If they are you have to take the next customer in line and get them in and out as quickly as possible. We do not bag groceries so that's what speeds the check out up. If there is no line you go and check in with the shift leader that is working and see what he or she needs you to do. Our main focus in the store is to keep produce fully stocked and presentable for the customer to shop, as well as attending to the customers needs at all times. We keep the store boxed at all times of the day on a consistent bases. Meaning taking all empty boxes off the shelf and pulling other product to the front. If a customer ask where something is you take them to the product because we never point or tell them where it is. We operate pallet jacks so we have to be very careful and always watching out for the customer. the pallet jacks is how we get bulks of product out onto the floor. once the day is ending and store is about to close we are responsible for all cleaning duties and end of the day orders.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses
Cons
not enough hours, schedule is never the same