ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews in Cork, County Cork

Cork, County Cork22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,965 reviews

Busy

Everyone is involved in the running of the store, even managers. Your day flys by and they care about the welfare of their staff. Recommend working here.

hard going but very enjoyable,The Team is very supporting

>the busier you are at work the faster the time goes,> learned how to handle and talk to customers, >work place was multicultural very easy to get along with everyone, >hardest part of job was cleaning shop at night after a long shift.> most enjoyable part was socializing with work colleagues

Pros

sick pay, Holidays

Cons

paid once a month, short breaks

Fun workplace

Fast paced work environment , the time flies when your working . Good opportunity to progress and the starting wage is above minimum and increases yearly

Efficiency central

Had a blast working with ALDI, it taught me a lot about efficiency, time management and working under pressure. I would highly recommend it to anyway, just beware than some stores are run better than others.

Pros

Fast-paced work

Cons

Very short breaks

Productive and fun place to work

Enjoyable but hard work. Staff and management good in store. Area managers were all young with little or no experience in management . Good benefits . Long hours

Pros

Good Pay & benefits

Hard working enviroment

Hard working enviroment, long working hours and short breaks. Sometimes it was extremley stresfull. Times flies by since it was always busy. Meet some really nice co-workers.

Pros

Nice co-workers.

Cons

Long hours and short breaks.

Advises

After 14 months I enjoyed to work with my colleague and some manager.The salary and amount of hours are ridiculous.they told you full time during the interview and when you go to sign your contract you can read between the 100 pages that the full time is 20 or 25 hours per week.Almost refuse the job but needed to work.

Cons

Salary and hours

Avoid if possible, unhealthy atmosphere

Poor general manager, pushing everyone around from 6 morning to be faster even staff there is flying. Giving out for drinking water on job :ILack of training and progression.

Fast paced. Strict. Poor management

Very well paid but no money is worth your dignity and respect. I advise you to stay away from this company. Low morale, poor management, KPI goal post changes to their benefit, in turn no structure for goal setting. Incompetence and lack of training shine through management. They promote dictators and judases. Money kept me there and I was highly depressed come the end. Something I paid for emotionally but luckily I got out before it got worse.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Disrespectful management

Backbreaking and definitely not worth the money

Worst place I have ever worked in. The work is absolutely backbreaking especially if your a lad and have to do produce (fruit and veg). I've worked in construction before and wasn't as physically demanding as this place. You are timed on everything for your first few weeks by the managers and no word of a lie you do not have a second to breath since your always given things to do. That's how they save money, by understaffing each store. 5 people usually start a shift a 6am which is just insane for how much work has to be done in the morning before 9am when the store opens. Only positive is your day goes by fast but are absolutely wrecked at the end of your shift. Even staff members that have been there a few years absolutely hate it. Everyone I worked with was really nice bar some managers. You have to calculate change in your head since the tills don't tell you, which is just unnecessary. Everything is done to make staffs lives harder. I've been told that not all Aldi's are like this so you just have to find out about your local one.

Pros

Day goes by fast

Cons

Literally everything

Worst experience ever

Always on the go. working out the change difference on the till is done in your head. always doing 5 jobs at the one time. wished I started in a different supermarket.

Short term employment

I worked as a warehouse operator in ALDI for one year part-time while I was in college. I worked two shifts on the weekend from 7-3. I was actually employed by ISS facilities services to work in the warehouse. Overall the work wasn't that hard but the volume of work made things challenging. Usually you had the most work to do right before your shift finished. This is very much a short term job, there was a completely different staff from the month I started to the month I left.

Pros

Can be a good job for someone between careers

Cons

unfriendly managers, minimum breaks

productive place to work

My experience there is positive. worked for 1 year,Meet some nice people, management is so so, depends on person, mind your back, you only have one is the lesson that i learned.

shift work

targets. targets. targets . its all about target's to many chiefs not enough indians as they say. wages hard to work out you never know what your pay will be. advancement good to a point.

Only reason you would consider working for Aldi is the pay/benefits.

Employees are a huge cost,if you choose to work for them,never forget that. We care for our customers,is only good marketing. We care for our people,is only good publicity. Longevity and career progression is an issue that is currently not taken seriously enough

Pros

Pay/Benefits!

Cons

Everything else!

Good for the first job.

If you only starting to work, that is a good choice. Money is good and you are learning what is mean hard work. But then after few years you are realized that Aldi wants more and more from you but doesn't want to give more from itself. Apparently Aldi do not believe in rule that happy staff means happy customers and happy customers will come back. Aldi want's to be cheaper than every one else so the customers will come back. If you get promoted to deputy manager you gonna have to hour rates, one for the regular staff and second higher for deputy but you will get second one only when you are running the store so usually when the store manager or store manager assistants are not there. When they are in the shop you get same hour rate as regular staff but you need to work faster and better to give good example for the staff and you still need to do stuff that only managers do but you are not getting paid for that. Then there is Store manager assistant. He is getting a little bit more money from deputy and health insurance benefits but need to work a lot more, because if you are staff or deputy you work 25 to maximum 40 hours per week and when you are store manager assistant you need to work 45 hours every week. That gives you 3 extra months of work in the year comparing to staff and deputy's. Store manager is probably the only well paid position in Aldi if you can handle with stress and pressure.

Pros

Time in work fly's very quickly

Cons

No life work balance. Very poor rewards for long service.

Constant Stress

Not a job for the faint hearted! Physically demanding mentally draining. Long hours constantly changing Rotas mean any work life balance is impossible. It's all about the targets and people are no longer important. Area managers with no life skills or people management skills make it even more difficult.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, constant pressure, no appreciation

Flawed

Days at work were busy, but lack of actual structure made it difficult. Management is good but structure on setting work times per individual was not good. Culture not good if you didn't fit in.. Packing a shelf exactly the way the manager wanted it was difficult due to sheer volumes of customers and learning the tills.

Pros

Always busy good salary

Cons

Lack of proper training

ewdwdfef

Don't apply for this place it is a rotten place to work and the staff and managers are a joke. they over work you and underpay you and you will not go any where unless you have friends in high place

Pros

Cons

Staff and managment

Strange atmosphere caused by odd managers

Enjoyed the physical aspect of work, even as an assistant manager. Training from store manager some of the worst I've experienced in nearly 20 years of employment. Worked in a quiet store and a busy store. Both equally as stressful as never enough staff to cover busy trading times. Constantly firefighting, hard to be productive.

Pros

Salary

Cons

changing shift patterns. Poor quality training

General Day In Aldi

Great company to work for, Management are great no faults. Hardest part of job would be your timed on all tasks and need to beat them. Co - Workers are brilliant to work with, never any trouble. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with customers.

Pros

4 / 5 hour shifts

Cons

Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement