ALDI

Ireland8 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,272 reviews

Productive and fun place to work

Enjoyable but hard work. Staff and management good in store. Area managers were all young with little or no experience in management . Good benefits . Long hours

Pros

Good Pay & benefits

Hard work but enjoyable

Aldi is a company for people who aren't afraid of hard work, you need to be the kind of person who wants to get as much work as possible done in your shift and achieve the best results rather than the type who wants to know what is the minimum amount you need to do. Pay and benefits are good with massive opportunities for progression if you have the right attitude. Generally Management are very helpful and will try to accommodate people when planning rotas to allow for needs outside of work.

Pros

Flexible rotas, Good pay, Opportunities for progression

Cons

Unsociable hours. Very early morning starts, some quite late finishes.

A truly great employer

I could not praise Aldi enough as an employer, I have worked for many companies before and since and none can compare in my view. When I first joined them I felt they were a great company to work for and I believe that during the following years they improved in every way, from the customer experience and as an employer.

Good money - bad attitude

Working for aldi you will be very well paid. But they will get every cent from you. They operate their stores with a small number of staff sometimes not enough for what you need to get done. Everything u do is timed and expectations can be very hard to meet. Dont expect any sort of work life balance or routine. There is no staff discount on shopping which they say is because they say they make very small margins on food sales. But im sure they could offer staff something. We are not allowed to buy any special buys before customers or have any discount on them. Which is all fine as they are usually very limited but im just saying this to show that staff get zero benefits from employment here just the pay.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Zero work life balance. Hard, back breaking work

Assistant store manager

Very surprised by the lack of a HR presence in the business. Store managers have very limited knowledge and results gross violations against employees

Pros

Decent wages

Cons

Poor working conditions and pay benefits