Allergan Employee Reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 1,204 reviews
Excellent Company to work for
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clonshaugh, County Dublin27 August 2019
It set a very high standard for cGMP and Compliance, also with Training. Very high standards for safety, it's staff are very helpful and knowledgeable on all aspects of there work.
Productive and Informative
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 July 2019
While at Allergan I learnt so much and met so many nice people. I got a glimpse into the day by day running of the company and I got to see the science behind everything. It was such a good experience and one that I will never forget.
Great plave to work
Manufacturing Technician Grade IV (Current Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo19 March 2019
Excellent staff. 12 shift tough. Great place to work with amazing technicians. Work schedule tough but benefits are excellent. Future is bright and looks good.
Benefits
Great Company Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clonshaugh, County Dublin3 July 2018
This is a great place to work offering highly competitive benefits. What makes the place a great company to work for is the people. I would definitely recommend Allergan to friends.
A Productive and fun place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo16 February 2018
A great place to work, a good balance of production from the many healthcare products that Allergan produce. You have to have the right mindset in a job like this as you are helping to create a product that is going to benefit the customer so GMP is essential. You also have to have the personality to deal with all members of staff so as to assure a smooth running of the product you are working on.
Pros
Private Healthcare
Cons
Temporary Contacts
Productive and fun workplace.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo7 November 2017
It was a fantastic place to work in every day, every employee was supportive and I learned a lot while working there. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would happily work there again.
Good Company with knowledgable people
QA (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2017
Good company overall with knowledgable people. A nice place to work with a friendly environment and advancement potential. Fast paced working day, you can learn a lot.
Productive and fun workplace
Author (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2017
Very good place to gain experience. Working in multi department teams on verity of different projects. Global reach and opportunity to work with people from different countries.
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
Night work
Good company
Export Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 April 2017
Interesting topics, large company with excellent training provided. Travelling across the globe and excellent bonus based on company performance and individual performance
Productive Workplace at Zaragoza
Warehouse Worker, Chemical Disposal (Former Employee) –  Dublin, ireland5 December 2016
Zaragoza Dublin is a very busy restaurant all day long. There is a great buzz amongst customers and staff working there. Al, the floor and kitchen staff get along spectacular with one another.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the pressure of having everything run as efficiently and as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Pros
Free dinner from the kitchen at the end of every shift.
Cons
Not many breaks, sometimes none except towards the end, depending on how busy it is.
Good place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland15 November 2016
Good place to work with lots of departments to transfer to. Wide ranging product profile. Flexible. Upward mobility is possible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro management.
Productive place, good environment with professional people
QA Technician (Production support) (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 June 2016
I learned many things through this company, the environment is nice and the co-workers are professional. Very good team. The hardest part of the job was to follow some procedure sometimes and some SOPs that should have been edited, but this was at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job, because I like challenging myself. Working in this company kept me motivated, enthusiastic and very dedicated on what I was doing in order to help the company to grow more.
Temporary position
Operator (Former Employee) –  Westport, MO18 October 2015
I worked in Allergan grounds for a service providers company. I enjoyed the work and I liked the hours but I decided to go back to college a few months later.
Pros
Consistent hours.
Cons
Temporary contract.
Good place to work.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D4 August 2015
Overall good place to work but a lot of uncertainty about how safe jobs are. Sometimes shifts can get you down, dont see your family for days.
Cons
shift work
A great place to work.
Trainer/Production Operator (Former Employee) –  WW16 March 2015
I was lucky most of the people I worked with were guys I went to school with so it was easy to fit in there. Allergan pharmaceutical Ireland was a great place to work once you got used to working the three cycle shift. Before the company decided to move it's manufacturing over seas there was as much over time as you could do.
Excellent company to work for
a set up maintenance operator (Former Employee) –  Westport, MO23 January 2015
I worked as a set up Maintenance worker which involved huge responsibility as the production line relied solely on the correct set up of this line.

I had to work closely with the production department to ensure the smooth running of the various production lines.

Management left the running and operating to us but all had to be detailed and reported on a daily basis.

I enjoyed working as part of a team but equally I had to take initiative and be able to work on my own. I enjoyed the challenge.

I gained a lot of experience and satisfaction in this job & I took voluntary redundancy and that was the reason for my departing from this job.
Pros
Employees very well looked after
Cons
Unsociable hours
Well regulated workplace
Medical Admin Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland15 December 2014
Great place to work at, but limited possibilities to get promoted
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year, Health Insurance, Pension
Cons
Lack of career oportunities
Day at work
QA Validation (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D19 October 2014
- A typical day at work starts with the morning meeting where performance for the past 24 hours is discussed with every individual.
- I have learned to understand the importance of communication and leading skills to be applied when required.
- Management is very helpful and approachable
- Co-workers are very polite and helpful.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was to absorb all the informations and new skills provided be very good and enjoyable training.
Pros
free coffee, very good food
Great place for those who like the indoor work.
Setup - Technician (Former Employee) –  Westport, MO20 May 2014
Allergan pharmaceuticals are world renowned and are known for their excellent attitude towards staff and business.

Professionalism is 100% in this place and it was a great place to work with great pay rates and comfortable working hours.

Truly the heart of employment in the Westport area and it has a lot to be said for it.
Challenging, Rewarding and most of all Enjoyable place to work.
Engineering Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Westport, MO24 January 2014
A busy structured working environment which I enjoyed very much.
It opened many opportunites to me, meeting many different types of people, other staff, Vendors and customers. It improved my attitude and manner working as a team player with all focused on one goal to succeed. Most enjoyable part of the job was when a project was completed within time and working as it was meant to be. The hardest part of the job was when a request was made for something within a very short un realistic time frame.
Pros
Fantastic working facilities.
Cons
None that I experienced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allergan. Our community is ready to answer.

Allergan Reviews by Location