Allergan

Allergan Employee Reviews

Secure company to work for. Very much a community based culture. Great opportunity for progression
Fair pay for job title and regional area. General "on floor" people are what make the company it is and create a friendly work place. Large company with great opportunities for progression, aswell as training in new fields.
Great place to work and great people, lots of experience. Office is a bit overcrowded but you can work from home when necessary. Flexibility, great managers.
Excellent Company to work for
It set a very high standard for cGMP and Compliance, also with Training. Very high standards for safety, it's staff are very helpful and knowledgeable on all aspects of there work.
Productive and Informative
While at Allergan I learnt so much and met so many nice people. I got a glimpse into the day by day running of the company and I got to see the science behind everything. It was such a good experience and one that I will never forget.
Great plave to work
Excellent staff. 12 shift tough. Great place to work with amazing technicians. Work schedule tough but benefits are excellent. Future is bright and looks good.
Benefits
Galway site
no communication between departments and rules made up as they go along, full of clueless staff from supervisors upwards.
no job security at all......
Pros
good wages
Cons
Management have no clue
Great Company Culture
This is a great place to work offering highly competitive benefits. What makes the place a great company to work for is the people. I would definitely recommend Allergan to friends.
A Productive and fun place to work
A great place to work, a good balance of production from the many healthcare products that Allergan produce. You have to have the right mindset in a job like this as you are helping to create a product that is going to benefit the customer so GMP is essential. You also have to have the personality to deal with all members of staff so as to assure a smooth running of the product you are working on.
Pros
Private Healthcare
Cons
Temporary Contacts
Productive and fun workplace.
It was a fantastic place to work in every day, every employee was supportive and I learned a lot while working there. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would happily work there again.
Good Company with knowledgable people
Good company overall with knowledgable people. A nice place to work with a friendly environment and advancement potential. Fast paced working day, you can learn a lot.
Productive and fun workplace
Very good place to gain experience. Working in multi department teams on verity of different projects. Global reach and opportunity to work with people from different countries.
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
Night work
Good company
Interesting topics, large company with excellent training provided. Travelling across the globe and excellent bonus based on company performance and individual performance
Productive Workplace at Zaragoza
Zaragoza Dublin is a very busy restaurant all day long. There is a great buzz amongst customers and staff working there. Al, the floor and kitchen staff get along spectacular with one another.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the pressure of having everything run as efficiently and as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Pros
Free dinner from the kitchen at the end of every shift.
Cons
Not many breaks, sometimes none except towards the end, depending on how busy it is.
Good place to work.
Good place to work with lots of departments to transfer to. Wide ranging product profile. Flexible. Upward mobility is possible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro management.
Productive place, good environment with professional people
I learned many things through this company, the environment is nice and the co-workers are professional. Very good team. The hardest part of the job was to follow some procedure sometimes and some SOPs that should have been edited, but this was at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job, because I like challenging myself. Working in this company kept me motivated, enthusiastic and very dedicated on what I was doing in order to help the company to grow more.
Temporary position
I worked in Allergan grounds for a service providers company. I enjoyed the work and I liked the hours but I decided to go back to college a few months later.
Pros
Consistent hours.
Cons
Temporary contract.
Good place to work.
Overall good place to work but a lot of uncertainty about how safe jobs are. Sometimes shifts can get you down, dont see your family for days.
Cons
shift work
A great place to work.
I was lucky most of the people I worked with were guys I went to school with so it was easy to fit in there. Allergan pharmaceutical Ireland was a great place to work once you got used to working the three cycle shift. Before the company decided to move it's manufacturing over seas there was as much over time as you could do.
Excellent company to work for
I worked as a set up Maintenance worker which involved huge responsibility as the production line relied solely on the correct set up of this line.

I had to work closely with the production department to ensure the smooth running of the various production lines.

Management left the running and operating to us but all had to be detailed and reported on a daily basis.

I enjoyed working as part of a team but equally I had to take initiative and be able to work on my own. I enjoyed the challenge.

I gained a lot of experience and satisfaction in this job & I took voluntary redundancy and that was the reason for my departing from this job.
Pros
Employees very well looked after
Cons
Unsociable hours
Well regulated workplace
Great place to work at, but limited possibilities to get promoted
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year, Health Insurance, Pension
Cons
Lack of career oportunities
Day at work
- A typical day at work starts with the morning meeting where performance for the past 24 hours is discussed with every individual.
- I have learned to understand the importance of communication and leading skills to be applied when required.

- Management is very helpful and approachable

- Co-workers are very polite and helpful.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was to absorb all the informations and new skills provided be very good and enjoyable training.
Pros
free coffee, very good food