Almac Group

Almac Group Employee Reviews

Laid back place to work
Working within the right department has its advantages and opportunities to meet new people and grow however working in other departments you won’t have any of the same chances unless you use your own time and breaks to network
Bad
Not a good place to work no advance mentality bad will not recommend bad horrible bad place I dont know what else to say but Lord help them. Na na and I can talk about it more
Pros
Pto
Cons
Bad management
Good to get experience, but no individualism
Almac has many opportunities available with so many jobs. However, it is nearly impossible to get one without an employee referral. The differences in the two applications (with vs. without a referral) is astonishing, and quite frankly should be illegal. Additionally, with the company being so large, it lacks any respect for individual employees. I attempted an application to a full time position after an internship, and was denied the job for not being in my previous Almac position for a year- my previous position being a 3-month internship. There was barely an effort on Almac's side to properly review my application, and an elaborate HR cover up for about a month. My last attempt to reach out was ignored, like so many others.
The internship was horrible. Production is a sea of people with nothing left to do but gossip since there's no work. You cannot do anything to advance. Management does not care about its employees.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Selective Opportunity
Great opportunity
Great opportunity to evolve in a company with great integrity to give customers in the pharmaceutical business to branch out their label, clinical trials, and product to the world!!!!
Flexible Work Hours, Promotion is Tenure-Based
Your schedule is up to you so long as it is consistent and you maintain 40hrs/wk. Half hour for lunch is required. Promotions and raises are based more on tenure than skill/drive. If I had a magic wand the one thing I would change is increasing positive cross-departmental company culture in order to bring everyone together so we could all work more harmoniously. This would help both employee and customer satisfaction.
Good would be the people and the bad managers
Good place to learn and go work elsewhere. Management is old fashion and our of touch. The pay is definitely not the best. They treat the place like a prison. Management watch the cameras all day.
Pros
Most coworkers
Cons
Managers
very slow pace
rather not, very slow the day drags, monotonous. management is there for you, culture i had better, hardest part waiting for work being delegated, most enjoyable part for me clocking out
A very rigid company.
Olmec was a company that played a lot of favoritism. I first heard about them I was excited to be a part of the team. Then there's a started working there I noticed a lot of favoritism and also prejudiceness. And if things did work in their favor your job was always being threatened. Almac left a nasty taste in my mouth
Don’t work at Almac even if you’re homeless and starving
Mental health is important too. You will end up in a straight jacket working at Almac too long. First line supervisors and up work very little hours and expect you to work tons of hours. No appreciation.
Poor Leadership in some departments
Mgmt/Supervisors are allowed to be rude and disrespectful to their reports. Growth opportunities are selective (depending if you are like by management). Pay is minimum market scale for NC. Health benefits are awesome. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with disrespectful and controlling (not micromanaging but controlling) leadership. The best part of my job is when it's time to go home. However, the job responsibilities are awesome and I love what is required, but hard to benefit good feelings because the leadership is very military controlling. oh well, cannot have it all.
Aprendi mucho
La empresa tiene buen ambiente laboral pero no hay muchos beneficios
Lab tech
Very busy job. Alot of walking about. High demands and no one time to train fully. At times it's relaxed . Like any place nice and some difficult people.
Boringgg & sloww
This job is easy money and you’re co workers were friendly when you start . Major problem was it was extremely slow and boring , if you want to stand on your feet for 8 hrs this job is perfect for you . Not only do you stand on your feet, you do the same routine for hours which can be very boring & if you’re a day dreamer you’ll be dreaming all day. I wouldn’t consider this a long term job just something to keep a few bucks in your pocket .
Stressful but somewhat rewarding
Workload is high but management generally supportive. Senior management somewhat removed from and unaware of stress levels and amount of multi-tasking required.
Well Paid
Excellent paid job, and lots of benefits and good bunch of workers .
Really clean and light work ideal for someone who wants slightly less heavy duty

Can't fault it .
Cons
call out
Fun place to work
Fun place to work although the routine will not change that often, i have learned a lot about the working of the industry and about data integrity regulations
most employees are nice and fun, work is too slow and getsboring
You will get a lot of training/experience here - however moving between departments can be challenging. There is limited opportunity to work from home depending on the position. The staff was nice (mostly).
Positive working environment
Everyone at Almac seems to have a positive working attitude. All staff are well trained at their respective roles. This is a great place to gain knowledge and insights.
Good for experience
You will get a lot of training/experience here - however moving between departments can be challenging. There is limited opportunity to work from home depending on position.
Productive workplace
The staff was nice. My assignment was long term with a small possibility of permanent employment. Which was good. Kelly Services gave the temps a luncheon for appreciation day.
Managers and supervisors are all unfair and have favorites , also a lot of sitting around and constant cleaning because of no work and constant short days because of no work which has an impact on your pay.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almac Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7