Amazon.com
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time at Amazon, It was a great place to work and I met some great friends that I am still in touch with today. It was a shame it was just for a 3-4 month contract as I would have loved to have stayed on.
Overworked and underpaid
Been working at Amazon for 6 years, it started off as a fun new place to work, however overtime with managment being shifted constantly, the entire culture has shifted dramatically.

The management are extremely negative, the micromanaging is the worst I have ever experienced.

The people in the building on the otherhand are some of the best I have met, I have made friends for life.
Easy Going
I enjoyed working for Amazon. The office was bright and large. The food in the canteen could have offered more fresh/healthy options. I would recommend Amazon
ottimo ambiente
esperienza stimolante di grande crescita professionale
Environnement de travail agréable
Les avantages d'un grand groupe international avec une équipe pluridisciplinaire.
Interesting Company
A lot of opportunities if you are in the right city. Vert fast paced. Good company culture. You have to make the best of it as there is no hand holding.
The supervisor was real bad and have very bad maner toward the working
I have start working there at the start they were very nice then gradually they became bad and use there worker like slave giving out to adult like they were kids and pressure everyone to finish quicky with a customer
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
If you have any self respect or dignity, don't waste your time on this place
their biggest fear is unions so anyone who is popular and friendly is sacked.

If a senior person acts inappropriately to you and you talk about it, they you will be written up for "gossiping" and will be threatened to be fired.

And when they can't fire you, they will make up slander and lies and fire you.

Management is verbally abusive and inexperienced. It is an over glorified call center. What they promise in benefits is not what they deliver. The job is not what they say it is.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amazon.com?
Stressful and demeaning workplace
I didn't really enjoy my time here, Training was good and quite a relaxed environment and the grab bay area isn't too bad however once training is complete and you hit the floor full time I found the repetitive mundane nature of the job just sucked the life right out of me. If repeating the same phrase repeatedly droning on and constantly listening to the same complaint running on autopilot with not much of a challenge is your thing then go for it but they also operate a point system, 1 point for being late on arrival or back from break (3 minutes grace) or sick with a sick note, 2 points for sick without a sick note, 4 points if awol and if reach 5 points its automatic dismissal so no real security really as god forbid you get sick.
Stressful
6 months of the years are seriously stressful due to seasonality. Attention to doc writing on granular data shifts I believe takes away from the actual efforts to make improvements. In such a fast paced industry need to be more reactive in the front line.
ambiente lavorativo familiare
ottima formazione, attenzione verso i dipendenti, attenzione e supporto verso il trasloco in un altro stato
Crazy place to work but worth it
Amazonians are helpfull and they really help you get your goals. Was a bit pressure but was an amazing experience.
We had to receive phone calls,chatt and email.

During peak time was mental!
Lots of group activity off work
The best part is the flexible work time management. You need to work 40 hours, but you can decide how Like 4 days with 10 hours, etc.
Amazon is a very demanding company in terms of customer relations. The customer is king and always right. No matter what the issue.

There are free snacks, Free cereals, cheeses, and health bars. Free Coffee as much as you want (Tea too)
Pros
Free snacks, drinks
Cons
none really
Good Company, Good Benefits
Good Company, Good Benefits. Good atmosphere. Lots of travel opportunities and can move up the ladder by working hard. Tough and long interview process.
Nice place to work. Very encouraging and friendly Managers and work colleagues
Training very good. Enjoyable. Brings on people who are struggling with electronic systems. Only a pity we were told quite late we have to take holidays or lose them by 30th Sep.
Managers all very supportive.
Worst work experience
You cannot complain about their mistakes, you better don’t talk and keep a low profile, they tell you to follow the policy and sometimes go against it when requested, they also ask you to report your own difficulties or discomforts and use it against you.
Isolated and very manipulative
I had two managers. One was a recruitment agency for amazon and the other was on of amazons own. I had issues with the latter. I would get mixed messages in meetings like this video call in an informal chat but then it would be reference in a later formal meeting. I found it horrible this particular manager liked to have employees on edge and worried before a meeting. The manager seemed to take pleasure in being emotionally cruel. I took a call from a customer who had just lost a child. Nothing I said could ease her sorrow and I got told I didn't care no one cared. It was a helpless position listening to her sob and try offer comfort. So after the call I took personal time. I spent 8 minutes making a cup of tea then went back to the calls. My manager from amazon told me to "pop" into a meeting. So I did, I was questioned about the personal time, why wasn't I on calls immediately after. I explained the customer needed to grieve and someone to listen. I said it upset me too because I have children. Therefore made a cup of tea to soothe my nerves and got back to it. However this manager heartlessly said thats the job and we don't pay you to make tea, and that was the customers issue, lifes like that, I have children and a wife so it doesn't effect me so why would it you. My recruitment manager was more understanding but i shortly handed in my notice. I can't work for someone that emotionally unintelligent.
Pros
Nothing, your work equipment is sent to you.
Cons
Everything is monitored and you get questioned if you go to the bathroom for too long.
Fun place to work extremely good work environment
As I worked with amazon through my school it gave lots of time to think of new ideas and share them with my group in order to have a successful pitch in order for amazon to fund our project.We had plenty of time and it was nice and easy going.
Pros
Free lunches, Extremely welcoming staff and inspiring ideas.
Cons
Amazon headquarters is quite far and hidden
Productive and fun workplace
Everyday at Amazon is day 1. The work environment is extremely dynamic therefore giving employees the opportunity to learn something new everyday. Their strong belief in their leadership principles is what makes them the top e-commerce company in the world.

They continuously motivate employees to think of innovative ways to solve current problems in order to stay one step ahead of their competitors at any given point of time. Targets are set high in order to push employees to work with more efficiency with each passing day at work.

Having worked in India, a country with numerous festivals due to cultural diversity, I enjoyed celebrating every festival with my colleagues in their traditional and unique way.
Pros
Amazon vouchers as rewards for best employee, Safe cab facilities at any time of the day, Office cafeterias offering a wide variety of food at subsidised rates, sodexo coupons every month
Cons
Extra work hours almost everyday, Night shifts
Good platform for growth
Pro:

good platform for extension of knowledge, has opportunity to touch different area.

Con:

the process changes day by day, almost every 2 months has big changes, could has negative effect on seller experience.
Amazon Review
I worked as seasonal operator during Christmas period. Good management, nice people. Im working again for this company as KYC Specialist. Is a company where you can grow