Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Ireland81 reviews
The company is so wide and varied that there is always a new direction you can take. However, there is a lot of pressure at times but the rewards are there if you put in the work.
You start off with 2 weeks training which is great and quite laid back, then you do grad bay for another few weeks which is also quite nice as you have constant support from your SME. But once grad bay is over and you hit the floor by yourself, it is like a different job. I worked from home so it started to feel extremely lonely just talking to customers all day, a lot of them angry too. You have no one to talk to during your shift when working from home other than the customers, which becomes quite depressing after not too long. It got to the point where I dreaded logging on everyday. There’s not a lot of support once you finish your training but there is some. You get 20 mins personal time a week which is a joke and every single second is accounted for so I always felt paranoid about my timekeeping being exact. I thought working from home sounded great but this job made me feel so down
Pros
Good hours, decent hourly pay, no commute
Cons
Time keeping, working alone, not enough support for new staff just finishing training
Constantly learning as you progress in the company, practices work life balance and would have the opportunity to take a two way door decision. Would recommend for job security
Assisting 3rd party sellers with shipments to fulfilment centres, queries on stock issues, listings on amazon website.
Hardest part was the targets and constant metric reviews. You could have a full year of impeccable stats but if you have 1 month after it where its not so good, they reprimand you.

Best part of the job was the people.
Amazing talent but no steps are taken to ensure their wellbeing. No place for individualism, there is no appetite in the company for those that don't conform to the cult.
Pros
subsidised canteen, free post
Cons
poor retention
I wouldn't recommend as they have little regards for employees, this is mainly from the management. Co workers are great.
There was extensive travel required which was not taken into account when work like balance or targets were set.
I enjoyed my time at Amazon, It was a great place to work and I met some great friends that I am still in touch with today. It was a shame it was just for a 3-4 month contract as I would have loved to have stayed on.
Been working at Amazon for 6 years, it started off as a fun new place to work, however overtime with managment being shifted constantly, the entire culture has shifted dramatically.

The management are extremely negative, the micromanaging is the worst I have ever experienced.

The people in the building on the otherhand are some of the best I have met, I have made friends for life.
I enjoyed working for Amazon. The office was bright and large. The food in the canteen could have offered more fresh/healthy options. I would recommend Amazon
esperienza stimolante di grande crescita professionale
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amazon.com?
Les avantages d'un grand groupe international avec une équipe pluridisciplinaire.
A lot of opportunities if you are in the right city. Vert fast paced. Good company culture. You have to make the best of it as there is no hand holding.
I have start working there at the start they were very nice then gradually they became bad and use there worker like slave giving out to adult like they were kids and pressure everyone to finish quicky with a customer
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
their biggest fear is unions so anyone who is popular and friendly is sacked.

If a senior person acts inappropriately to you and you talk about it, they you will be written up for "gossiping" and will be threatened to be fired.

And when they can't fire you, they will make up slander and lies and fire you.

Management is verbally abusive and inexperienced. It is an over glorified call center. What they promise in benefits is not what they deliver. The job is not what they say it is.
I didn't really enjoy my time here, Training was good and quite a relaxed environment and the grab bay area isn't too bad however once training is complete and you hit the floor full time I found the repetitive mundane nature of the job just sucked the life right out of me. If repeating the same phrase repeatedly droning on and constantly listening to the same complaint running on autopilot with not much of a challenge is your thing then go for it but they also operate a point system, 1 point for being late on arrival or back from break (3 minutes grace) or sick with a sick note, 2 points for sick without a sick note, 4 points if awol and if reach 5 points its automatic dismissal so no real security really as god forbid you get sick.
6 months of the years are seriously stressful due to seasonality. Attention to doc writing on granular data shifts I believe takes away from the actual efforts to make improvements. In such a fast paced industry need to be more reactive in the front line.
ottima formazione, attenzione verso i dipendenti, attenzione e supporto verso il trasloco in un altro stato
Amazonians are helpfull and they really help you get your goals. Was a bit pressure but was an amazing experience.
We had to receive phone calls,chatt and email.

During peak time was mental!
The best part is the flexible work time management. You need to work 40 hours, but you can decide how Like 4 days with 10 hours, etc.
Amazon is a very demanding company in terms of customer relations. The customer is king and always right. No matter what the issue.

There are free snacks, Free cereals, cheeses, and health bars. Free Coffee as much as you want (Tea too)
Pros
Free snacks, drinks
Cons
none really
Good Company, Good Benefits. Good atmosphere. Lots of travel opportunities and can move up the ladder by working hard. Tough and long interview process.
Training very good. Enjoyable. Brings on people who are struggling with electronic systems. Only a pity we were told quite late we have to take holidays or lose them by 30th Sep.
Managers all very supportive.