Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 41,272 reviews
ambiente lavorativo familiare
Seller Support Associate (Former Employee) –  County Cork7 November 2019
ottima formazione, attenzione verso i dipendenti, attenzione e supporto verso il trasloco in un altro stato
Crazy place to work but worth it
CS (Former Employee) –  Cork5 November 2019
Amazonians are helpfull and they really help you get your goals. Was a bit pressure but was an amazing experience.
We had to receive phone calls,chatt and email.
During peak time was mental!
Lots of group activity off work
Seller Support - ILAC Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cork Ireland6 September 2019
The best part is the flexible work time management. You need to work 40 hours, but you can decide how Like 4 days with 10 hours, etc.
Amazon is a very demanding company in terms of customer relations. The customer is king and always right. No matter what the issue.
There are free snacks, Free cereals, cheeses, and health bars. Free Coffee as much as you want (Tea too)
Pros
Free snacks, drinks
Cons
none really
Good Company, Good Benefits
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork6 September 2019
Good Company, Good Benefits. Good atmosphere. Lots of travel opportunities and can move up the ladder by working hard. Tough and long interview process.
Nice place to work. Very encouraging and friendly Managers and work colleagues
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cork28 August 2019
Training very good. Enjoyable. Brings on people who are struggling with electronic systems. Only a pity we were told quite late we have to take holidays or lose them by 30th Sep.
Managers all very supportive.
Worst work experience
Seller Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork6 July 2019
You cannot complain about their mistakes, you better don’t talk and keep a low profile, they tell you to follow the policy and sometimes go against it when requested, they also ask you to report your own difficulties or discomforts and use it against you.
Isolated and very manipulative
Virtual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Home11 June 2019
I had two managers. One was a recruitment agency for amazon and the other was on of amazons own. I had issues with the latter. I would get mixed messages in meetings like this video call in an informal chat but then it would be reference in a later formal meeting. I found it horrible this particular manager liked to have employees on edge and worried before a meeting. The manager seemed to take pleasure in being emotionally cruel. I took a call from a customer who had just lost a child. Nothing I said could ease her sorrow and I got told I didn't care no one cared. It was a helpless position listening to her sob and try offer comfort. So after the call I took personal time. I spent 8 minutes making a cup of tea then went back to the calls. My manager from amazon told me to "pop" into a meeting. So I did, I was questioned about the personal time, why wasn't I on calls immediately after. I explained the customer needed to grieve and someone to listen. I said it upset me too because I have children. Therefore made a cup of tea to soothe my nerves and got back to it. However this manager heartlessly said thats the job and we don't pay you to make tea, and that was the customers issue, lifes like that, I have children and a wife so it doesn't effect me so why would it you. My recruitment manager was more understanding but i shortly handed in my notice. I can't work for someone that emotionally unintelligent.
Pros
Nothing, your work equipment is sent to you.
Cons
Everything is monitored and you get questioned if you go to the bathroom for too long.
Fun place to work extremely good work environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 June 2019
As I worked with amazon through my school it gave lots of time to think of new ideas and share them with my group in order to have a successful pitch in order for amazon to fund our project.We had plenty of time and it was nice and easy going.
Pros
Free lunches, Extremely welcoming staff and inspiring ideas.
Cons
Amazon headquarters is quite far and hidden
Productive and fun workplace
Merchant and Seller Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Banagalore27 May 2019
Everyday at Amazon is day 1. The work environment is extremely dynamic therefore giving employees the opportunity to learn something new everyday. Their strong belief in their leadership principles is what makes them the top e-commerce company in the world.

They continuously motivate employees to think of innovative ways to solve current problems in order to stay one step ahead of their competitors at any given point of time. Targets are set high in order to push employees to work with more efficiency with each passing day at work.

Having worked in India, a country with numerous festivals due to cultural diversity, I enjoyed celebrating every festival with my colleagues in their traditional and unique way.
Pros
Amazon vouchers as rewards for best employee, Safe cab facilities at any time of the day, Office cafeterias offering a wide variety of food at subsidised rates, sodexo coupons every month
Cons
Extra work hours almost everyday, Night shifts
Good platform for growth
Fraud Investigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  cork4 March 2019
Pro:

good platform for extension of knowledge, has opportunity to touch different area.

Con:

the process changes day by day, almost every 2 months has big changes, could has negative effect on seller experience.
Amazon Review
Seller Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork6 December 2018
I worked as seasonal operator during Christmas period. Good management, nice people. Im working again for this company as KYC Specialist. Is a company where you can grow
Customer service ORK1
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cork24 November 2018
The management like previously said treat you like dirt and without a permanent contract you are looked down on. The job leaves no time for anything social it's all work bad pay
Pros
Working inside
Cons
Management working time bad pay
Underachieving, merely a step stone to move on from.
Seller Support (Former Employee) –  Cork21 October 2018
Poor work life balance due to incompetent workflow.

Bad training, poor guidelines and too many people picked up thanks to a foreign language rather than any competence. Policy is badly explained and most people don't care about following it.

Management is mainly stat orientated without much clue of the job on hand (and those who can do better are prevented from doing so). Too much friendly/friendly promotion of mediocrity.

The rot starts from above and trickles down so much that good staff will be handicaped.
Pros
Salary package is ok if you don't have a life.
Cons
Internal policy is 100% bulshit blaa
The greatest company to work for
IP Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 October 2018
Responsible for the daily operation of Amazon worldwide network, including network support, software upgrades, drafting and execution of changes in the network. Coordination with service providers, vendors and between various support groups during network outages. Development of scripting tools. Continuous operational process improvement.
Seller Support Associate
Customer Support B2B (Former Employee) –  County Cork28 September 2018
Nice environement and a high workload but the management is here to help when needed
Apply if you need money
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  County Dublin10 July 2018
High pay, high technology, no life balance, manager is so pushing.
You have to work really hard every day, always something need your attention. Google is much better than Amazon for sure.
Largely fun, great camradarie
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  IE8 July 2018
Had a good time during my work in Amazon. Nearly everything about the office environment suited me, though the amount of caffiene in the brew on offer could probably be lowered.
The food in the canteen was to an amazingly high standard and was very cheap
Pros
Cheap lunches, some brotherly love and affection
Cons
Strong emphasis on metrics and accountability re: Sick days
Learning Opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cork1 July 2018
Use it as a place to learn how not to be a people manager, excellent opportunities provided to learn how to use all aspects of Excel, read reports and micro management.
Pros
Based in Cork
Cons
Micro Management
Total chaos
Investigations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cork25 June 2018
During my work at Amazon in KYC, initially the work was very challenging and interesting, but gradually the meaning of it disappeared, together with the work recognition
Pros
international environment
Cons
Narrow minded Management, very low salary package, very poor communication style
good, not great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork19 June 2018
workload too high, metrics too high to achieve for most.
American work culture felt imposed and forced.
Time keeping was down to the second and was excessive.
Pros
free food, celebrate holidays
Cons
constant policy changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

512.4K