Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Ireland107 reviews

Found 107 reviews matching the searchSee all 82,411 reviews

The company is not bad but some customers were utter pigs

Management tended to be of the brainwashed variety, upbeat but quite empty. You are left to answer for some pretty poor service by the couriers. You get told at the start you will get 40 hours work per week and a wage to match, but you seldom get more than 20 while they just keep on hiring.

Pros

work from home

Cons

You need to know a lot of things about a lotttttt of things

great workplace with good salary and possibility for relocation

I love working at Amazon as a recruitment coordinator. The job can be stressful and there is always a lot of work, but it's satisfying and I feel recognised.

Pros

good salary, plenty of holidays, paid sick leave

Cons

they should have dedicated buses

Good place toWork, high rotation

Good workplace but will get rid of staff in a heartbeat if needs be, not much support and training thrown into the deep end and no praise only criticism

Fun place to work

Good place to work in. I really enjoyed working in Amazon great people an opportunities. Very good place. Great work life place also. Good training available for new starters.

Stressful, 3 different shifts.

Difficult to grow. 3 different shifts and and bus lines are terrible. Sometimes yiu will wait more than an hour and half if you miss first bus or if it doesn't stop. Great people but management is not that great.

didn’t pay me properly 90% of the time

they will not pay you your correct wage if you bring it up with them they’ll say it’s your fault they make you feel terrible there work bus didn’t turn up 2 times

Pros

nice enough workers free coffee

Cons

long hours short break no regard for mental health and won’t pay fully ever

Amazing management and great support .

I loved my time here. I learned so much and I was also tasked to help out on various projects that really helped me to upskill. The management were amazing and so were my teammates. We all supported each other .

Pros

Flexible hours for working parents and amazing team

Cons

Salary could do with an increase to reflect the cost of living in Ireland

Good working environment

Good place to work and grow your skills and there are different benefits and many internal carrer opporunities , possibility to relocate easily.Managment can be improved but it depends on the department

Pros

free coffee, annual increase, possibily to grow

Cons

Low increase when promoted

Definitely not an employee eccentric company!

I usually do not write reviews but my experience with Amazon may be beneficial to others, so will make an exception. I was employed In the role of virtual customer service which was a home based role. It was rolling contract where during busy periods you had to work 40 hrs per week and in slower periods the minimum was 20 hrs PW. The role itself was fine and the training adequate. There was some difficult customers but the majority were fine. While Amazon prides itself on being customer eccentric they certainly could never be seen as employee eccentric. Employees are dispensable. When I secured this position it was during the busy period leading up to Christmas. They over estimated the demand and took on to many . On Christmas week I was told my contract was expiring at the end of January. I resigned and it happened to be the best decision I ever made. If you want to work for a company that has little regard for an employee then this company is for you. The management are robotic in there thinking with no evidence of strategy or capable of doing any independent thinking. After I left got many emails from Amazon recruitment asking me whether they could retain my CV. Personally , would never consider having any career with Amazon .

Pros

Equipment was good

Cons

Shifts never changed.

Parents do not send your recently graduated off spring to work here

Management that have been in the same role since forever and are there through who they know - poor educational back grounds and treat people badly especially those that they feel are a threat for example people with degrees and language skills when the most they have is a cert from the local college and got in through pure push.There was nothing enjoyable about working here.

Pros

free chocolate

Cons

long hours horrible management

A great workplace to work for!

I joined the company back in 2020 with a part-time contract and I have been employed and working from home until now. I recently got a new job offer which requires me to work full time but let's focus on my experiences so far as I know it's vital to know what the culture is like when joining a new company.If you join as a Customer Service Associate like me, you will have more than one month of training and you have to commit to completing 40 hours per week. This was very straightforward enough but I must admit that was a lot of information to take in BUT you don't need to remember all of them as you will have this tool that will be very useful once you start the job.After few months, I have joined several departments which you may take part in (depends on how hard-working you are) and honestly, being a part of several projects was amazing as it felt like you're on holidays from repetitive life of a CSA.Speaking of repetitive life, life as a CSA can get very boring and might drain you so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LOOK FOR ANOTHER ROLE THAT IS NOT BROADCAST EXTERNALLY ONCE YOU ARE IN THE COMPANY. As a CSA, your life would be answering calls, chats, emails and explaining the same thing over and over again to different customers. You can expect to handle over 50 calls per day depending on how long your shift is, for me I do 2 days a week and that's the average.I can write more but I'll update it soon as I am getting tired but best of luck! Amazon is a workplace I'll never leave once I am in as there's just so much opportunities within the company and the only answer to get -

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, very easy to apply for VACA and can take anytime!

Cons

Long hours if you opt for 2 days a week (if you're on 20 hours contract)

Top level for client experience, awful for employees. You are just a number.

Great interview, then really bad as soon as I joined, i did not fit the culture: as employee for Amazon you are nothing, no respect, crazy hours and they always want more. Management is very poor, competitive and back stabbing, everybody tries to trick you to get more visibility at your expenses. Environment is really bad. Very mean and cheap.

Pros

Great interview process

Cons

All the rest!

Fast paced but manageable with good training. However training is very average

Training didnt prep for how to use all the tools fully, very high speed expected after RAMP period also. Company quite happy to terminate contracts early too. Good pay, good holidays, stressful learning environment.

Productive workplace

I really enjoyed working for Amazon, I enjoyed working with my colleagues and in a group. I got a long with all employees at the workplace, I really enjoyed this job.

Cons

Not enough hours

Not recommended

The worst experience of any company I ever worked for, and coming from someone who has worked with the so many of the best this says so much. No work life balance, progression is not worth it for the amount of stress you will go through to get there. If you are planning on an e-mail or telephone based role, be prepared for burn out within 18 months, you will never want to pick up the phone again not even to a friend.I would not recommend this employer to anyone no matter how desperate you are to go out to work.

Pros

Subsidised but not if you are home based, there are no perks

Cons

Rubbish management

Salary on small side but not minimum Advancement really slow, everyone has to start on Customer service no matter and probation is 12 months if you join from a temp agency.

Pros

10% employee discount on amazon, free health care

Cons

Long process

Sortation associate

It’s very tough work to be honest. It’s not for dossing around for sure.when it’s peak you gotta work your bits off. Paid low. Shifts can be changed over time.

Communist culture where frugality is taken to the extreme

AMAZON AWS has so much potential in ireland it is a shame it is led by fear at the top. There are some good people there that work very hard but it largely goes unnoticed as the promotion standards are constantly moved. If you aren't saving aws 100's of thousands a year from ideas that cost nothing to implement all ideas and suggestions are not considered. If you are young and looking for experience in the data centre industry, and don't mind shift for the next 7 or 8 years then it could be a valuable experience. If you have lots of experience and would expect to be in a day role within a year or 2, please don't believe the hr when they tell you it will happen. They are expanding rapidly throughout ireland but the real reason there is always jobs available is because of huge turnover in the data centre teams. In some cases people aren't even bothering to stay more than a few weeks.

Pros

Free food for shift, shares, sign on bonus

Cons

Shift is poorly laid out, bad semior managment, lower salary than competitors.

Be careful of FTC

I had applied for a permanent role and during the interview process and in contract it changed to 6 month ftc. Just be aware. Other then that the pay is great for the amount of work you do.Also the company needs to be more clear and transparent with communication.

Fun workplace

I worked there for around five months . The people i worked with were a great bunch of people . Adecco situation can be off putting but over all a good job and great company 😄

Very very stressful job

The pay is not so bad but this role deserves way better pay for so much stress. If you can handle the stressful environment, no problem for you. Your metrics are constantly checked by your TL. Team leaders don’t know what is their job about so don’t expect any intelligent conversation, it will be about your metrics and bad feedbacks.

Pros

Other team members very helpful, sometimes some company competition what’s the best halloween costume etc

Cons

They don’t care about you, they do care about your results

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement