Amgen Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 1,352 reviews
You are just a number
Sr. QC Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 December 2017
When you work with Amgen you are treated like a number not a person.
There are many benefits but there is no personal touch...no work/life balance and no rewards for hard work
Good pay poor communication and training
Snr associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 January 2017
It is an excellent company with respect to compensation, and seem to look after permanent staff well, the difficulty relates to contact positions, there seems to be no feedback whatsoever either positive or negative, and there is an extraordinary blame culture. I'd recommend it as a stepping stone rather than a long term career prospect.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Blame culture, non existent feedback for contractors.
first one in Ireland
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 November 2016
very tolerant, strict rules, and open to new improvement techniques, very good care of the employees and a good corporate path for self development,excelent
Great biotechnology company
Industrial engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, D28 March 2015
There are many things to learn from a biotechnology company like Amgen technology. As a student intern in this company, I gained valuable knowledge about the values of project management. There are continuous improvement projects being conceived and developed at Amgen at any given time, therefore, there is a lot to learn from the processes and operations that are on going at the company.
Pros
finished early on fridays and weekends off
Cons
very fast paced environment
productive, friendly and safe safe place to work
QC Stability Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2014
During my time in Amgen in the stability department, I undertook a variety of tasks. I helped to pull samples, update their location on the LIMS system and deliver them to various departments . My job included updating data sheets , annual product reviews and I helped to update SOP's. I hade to converse with various contract labs sending data vis email, this process allowed me to use both Amgen and Pfizer protocols.
Throughout my placement in Amgen I helped to collect inventory of controlled substance and organise their removal off the premises.
I enjoyed all of the task mentioned above along with all of my other day to day jobs.
Amgen provided a very enjoyably atmosphere to work in along with a great deal of support and camaraderie amongst co workers. Amgen provided a great deal of traning including sop writhing skills which are invaluable to me in my future career.
good place to work
engineering technician (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, D7 August 2014
good experience, learned a lot of new skills, and enjoyed time spent with this employer.
Really great people. Great exposure to new technologies.
System Administrator\IT Support (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, Dublin29 July 2014
Great support to improving processes and delivering new ones.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication, career progression.
Very buoyant workplace
File Share management (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, D1 July 2014
Poor communication to staff and contractors. Generally great people on the Dun Laoghaire and Santry Sales Office.
Nice place to work. Very friendly environment.
Upon promotion to junior engineer (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, D18 March 2014
A typical day consists of completing environmental reports for the suite's on site. Dealing with daily BMS requests and completing BMS daily checks. Completing a variety of different surveys on site and daily requests from senior engineers.

I learned about the clean and black utilities on site, also the process systems used within the suite, I gained familiarity with the suite. I learned about GMP, Non GMP systems, CAPA's and the day-to-day management within the Utilities office.

Within my office were the senior engineers on site and all were very friendly and helpful during my time in the company.

The hardest part of my job was time balancing the variety of requests from senior engineers within the Utilities office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment in which i worked, the staff made me feel very welcome and there were a variety of clubs and societies on site.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere/environment. Job satisfaction
great employees made some good friends
Hygiene Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, D2 October 2013
job was good but the management were very unhelpful. was promised a lot of benefits such as safe pass,full time hours, then to be made redundant after 30 days along with a few others who i started with
Cons
Challening and interestingplace to work
Associate Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 October 2012
I work in a very busy laboratory as part of the QC Biologics team.
Pros
flexi-time