Amgen
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Amgen Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews
A lovely place to work. There was a great work life balance. The work space is very open and bright. Excellent facilities for video calls. Wonderful facilities for food and very good value.
Great place to work but very competitive environment between departments, everyone has their own priorities, no common goals. I enjoyed working there as I liked the fast pace environment but it is stressful most of the time and can impact your personal life greatly.
Work was sort of micro managed with the new regime of managers that had taken over from the Pfizer management people felt very uneasy to perform tasks
When you work with Amgen you are treated like a number not a person.
There are many benefits but there is no personal touch...no work/life balance and no rewards for hard work
I found the job challenging and every day was something new to learn or experience. I learned so much about the process of drug production, and the amount of work that goes into every aspect of the process. I felt very proud to be playing a role in providing healthcare in this way.
Leaving this job was the toughest professional decision I have ever made, but I wanted to experience living abroad and something new.
It is an excellent company with respect to compensation, and seem to look after permanent staff well, the difficulty relates to contact positions, there seems to be no feedback whatsoever either positive or negative, and there is an extraordinary blame culture. I'd recommend it as a stepping stone rather than a long term career prospect.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Blame culture, non existent feedback for contractors.
very tolerant, strict rules, and open to new improvement techniques, very good care of the employees and a good corporate path for self development,excelent
There are many things to learn from a biotechnology company like Amgen technology. As a student intern in this company, I gained valuable knowledge about the values of project management. There are continuous improvement projects being conceived and developed at Amgen at any given time, therefore, there is a lot to learn from the processes and operations that are on going at the company.
Pros
finished early on fridays and weekends off
Cons
very fast paced environment
During my time in Amgen in the stability department, I undertook a variety of tasks. I helped to pull samples, update their location on the LIMS system and deliver them to various departments . My job included updating data sheets , annual product reviews and I helped to update SOP's. I hade to converse with various contract labs sending data vis email, this process allowed me to use both Amgen and Pfizer protocols.
Throughout my placement in Amgen I helped to collect inventory of controlled substance and organise their removal off the premises.

I enjoyed all of the task mentioned above along with all of my other day to day jobs.

Amgen provided a very enjoyably atmosphere to work in along with a great deal of support and camaraderie amongst co workers. Amgen provided a great deal of traning including sop writhing skills which are invaluable to me in my future career.
good experience, learned a lot of new skills, and enjoyed time spent with this employer.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amgen?
Great support to improving processes and delivering new ones.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication, career progression.
Poor communication to staff and contractors. Generally great people on the Dun Laoghaire and Santry Sales Office.
A typical day consists of completing environmental reports for the suite's on site. Dealing with daily BMS requests and completing BMS daily checks. Completing a variety of different surveys on site and daily requests from senior engineers.

I learned about the clean and black utilities on site, also the process systems used within the suite, I gained familiarity with the suite. I learned about GMP, Non GMP systems, CAPA's and the day-to-day management within the Utilities office.

Within my office were the senior engineers on site and all were very friendly and helpful during my time in the company.

The hardest part of my job was time balancing the variety of requests from senior engineers within the Utilities office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment in which i worked, the staff made me feel very welcome and there were a variety of clubs and societies on site.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere/environment. Job satisfaction
job was good but the management were very unhelpful. was promised a lot of benefits such as safe pass,full time hours, then to be made redundant after 30 days along with a few others who i started with
Cons
I work in a very busy laboratory as part of the QC Biologics team.
Pros
flexi-time