Analog Devices

Analog Devices Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews
Great conditions
Great working environment, conditions excellent, Great people all good . Breaks good caring environment , holidays plus extra days for doing overtime . Working at Analog Devices was an overall very good experience. I worked hard and was well paid .
Relaxed, Collaborative Environment
Typically group meetings/briefings in the morning.
Strong emphasis on teamwork and training.

Friendly and open workplace culture.

Wide variety of groups to work in.

Job progression seems slow.
Lovely workplace
Although the job I applied for had long hours and day/night shifts, I felt very much at home at Analog. Everyone worked as a team and were nice to one another and were so helpful to new employees which made the work so much more easy and relaxed.
experience
gained training on different machinery. completed shift work both days and nights. worked in a assembly line type area. dealt with various operators
productive and iutgoing workplace
very well organised business that knows how to look after theirs employees. they pay very well and ensure that their team works in a safe healthy environment
Good place to Work
Good place to work but could improve on the work life balance on the 5 cycle shift. After a 12 hr shift you have little or no time or energy for family or hobbies while on shift. That said because of the shift there is good time off between shifts.
There is a clear career path for technicians however it is not time based and promotion depends on your manager.

Pay for technicians again is subject to your direct manager and there is little clarity around pay scales.

Pay is a bit behind industry standards when you compare to the likes of Intel.

There are some very good people working there and do a great job, there is a good team spirit and it is evident that they are working on building good teams.
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work consisted of running laser calibrations on the systems in Probe.
I learned how to problem solve after running into a few problems over the summer.

The workplace culture is a nice environment.

The hardest part of the job is when a system runs into a problem that may take a while to solve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to get resetup a system and get it passing bin 1s.
Beneficial
Good place to work, management at times do not work well between workcentres, however recent upgrades within company have seen imporvements in this area
Productive and enjoyable workplace
In the morning I used to take readings from the machines in the fab area. I would occasionally have to deal with the stores department. I would also assist the full time staff with their day to day tasks
Pros
Great Hours, friendly working environment
Cons
N/a
Helpful friendly coworkers and challenging work mad my summer internship a very worthwhile experience. I learned some new skills and was challenged in using those I already had.
Top Class Company
Great company to work for, good training and support.Work collegues
support each other and great team moral.Fabulous benefits and bonuses.Over all a very enjoyable experience.
Gained Valuable Experience
Analog Devices was a great place to go on my work placement for University. While there I gained valuable experience working as part of a software team. The followed the Agile manifesto so there were weekly scrums to go over what your goals and accomplishments were. I learned how to use version control software, along with various code metric softwares and code styles.

While the I worked on a stand-alone project that was then incorporated into the main ACE project, this side project was a way of ramping up to be able to work on bug fixes and new functionality for the main project.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Challenging workplace
Challenging workplace with the option to move freely between departments. Benefits package is very attractive however the salary could be better. There are not that many opportunities to progress up the ladder.
Pros
Bonus scheme, pension, healthcare
Cons
Average salary
Great company
Analog Devices is a very good place to work, great work/life balance. There is good opportunity for personal and professional development.
Demanding but financially rewarding position.
I Worked in two department in Analog Devices, first as a Manufacturing Team Member which consisted of Wafer-Fabrication on a five-cycle shift for five years. I then moved to Customer Interface Group on day shift, in which I was responsible for the planning & logistics of new-products on the the line, liaison between Engineers (Internal & International), Management & Production line.
Pros
Varied & demanding position, challenging & rewarding
Cons
Five-cycle long & unsociable hours
productive place to work
I worked shift worked a 5 cycle shift and each shift was 12 hours. I loved working in Analog. I learned all about Analog and learned how to operate all the machines.
management was excellent.

I got on brilliant with co-workers and we had to do a lot of team work.

The hardest part of the job was working nights and then having a day off and then working day shifts.

The most enjoyable part was being able to hold microchips that were worth 250,000 euro. Also hearing about what the chips were used for.
Pros
fun environment/great staff and supervisors
Cons
long hours/ shift work
Productive and busy day each and every day, versatile
Work on different aspects of many different tools sets. Engineering behind the engineering is mind boggling. Learning different aspects of the electronic and mechanical fields. Management are helpful and a pleasure to work for as are working with co-workers. Most enjoyable is finding the error\problem\issue and resolving it.
Overall, a top-class employer.
A high quality employer affording plenty of opportunity, interaction with a wide range of other professionals, foreign travel and exposure to several industry segments.
Pros
An industry leader in its segment
Cons
The only analog integrated circuit company in Ireland
Great place to begin a career in the semiconductor industry.
Great place to work, learned much about the semiconductor industry while at Analog. Great working atmosphere.
Pros
Interesting work, friendly co-workers, great working environment
Cons
Great company to work for.
My typical day/night at work would have been going into FAB and running production. I learnt a lot in Analog. Everyone was so lovely there.
Good workplace in a multicultural environment.
I have spent almost 6 years working as a operator in a state-of-the-art wafer fabrication facility in Ireland. Overall i find my experience very good. People i have worked with, culture at work, bonuses, salary.All this things were very good. The only thing which was hard is that i had to work both dayshift and nightshift.
Pros
bonuses and good wages.
Cons
nightshift and dangerous working environment, eg. chemicals, robots, gases..