Apleona

Apleona Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews

High expectations, uncompetitive pay

Wages are below par, no benefits and a very stressful culture especially from managementGood colleagues in the team but apart from that, not a great company to work for. Disappointing time with the company due to their size and internal public relations and fliers, but they only care about profit, not staff

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Everything else

Avoid if you can

Worst company I ever worked for (i had few jobs at this stage of my life).Night shift team is treated like dogs from management, pay is low of the lowest for this kind of job with Responsibilities night shift team have.. Always something wrong with wages (something is not paid, wether its overtime or night shift allowance.. Every new worker that only started is not getting payed for months night shift allowance even tho the manager emailing relevant department after every wages, then eventually you get back paid after months with wages but you wont get it because tax man takes it..Have you ever heard of working nights shift starting at 21.30 but getting nite rate after 12pm? well for some reason if you work for Apleona thats what it is, from 9.30pm till 12pm its not nite 🤷🤦if i had to write the whole ridiculous things thats going on here I'd be here all nite, so for your own sake avoid this company..

Pros

Cons

the most things and mainly pay

Insights into Apleona

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Sense of belonging

Great company

Great company and always there to assist with anything you need, very accomodating and management are always easy to approach. Would highly recommend

Pros

Great staff, very accomodating

Cons

Fast paced good salary .Benefits could be better.

Fast paced work and good people to work with. More training needed for staff and better benefits. Management are very approachable and very easy going.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

No training and benefits could be better

It all depends which department you work in

I have read the reviews online and it depends on what department and who your line manager is. There are good and bad management in every corporation, the leaders who lead and make their team thrive or the boss who should be sent on a management course to be able to deal with people in a kind and nurturing way. ProsLocation, head office in south Dublin, nice area in Churchtown.Very nice people overallParking Nearby places for lunch Salary Fair within industryOngoing H & S online training for staffWealth of knowledge and expertise within the organisation with good support People are approachable. 24 hour service desk to support the teams Room for progression if desired Cons No life work balance. On call 24/7 for emergencies without additional pay. No mention of this at interview or contract stage. Overtime expected but not paid or rewarded with time in lieu. A high change over of staff, albeit there is a handful of employees who have been there for years. The Directors do not have a full insight of the management of the smaller departments. Firefighting and stressful role Suppliers should be paid in a timely manner Unfortunately due to staff shortages departments are faced with a back log of work and the existing staff are overloaded. Different policies in relation to hybroid working You need to hit the ground running as existing employees are too busy to provide training, this might differ in departments.

Workplace

Honestly for me it was the work enviroment. As i was working at MSD Swords through Apleona. They have a very high quality and high expectations from everyone. Rules wich everyone must follow.

Horrible toxic enviroment full of toxic people and managment

The worst company I have ever seen in my life. Night shift cleaners are on same salary as some of the dayshift staff. Dayshift kitchen staff are paid very bad as well. Managment treats the workers like dogs. Wrong money on payslips happening often. Dayshift managment shi*ting on nightshift workers all the time. Toxic enviroment with toxic people. The worst experience with job in my life. Would never recommend to anyone to join this toxic company.

Pros

None, you only get the blame for everything

Cons

Toxic enviroment with toxic managment

Stressful place to work

There was a lot of bulling with new staff by the superviser and some older members of staff. Superviser is on a power trip. The company is very clanish. I wouldn't recommend working for apelona.

Should be better

To be fair it not the wosrt but by no means it is great do not expect a payrise as they pay to much o/t to cleaning supervisors who just sit in canteen drinking tea and slaging people off would be better if they wasnt trying to blame everyone else for not doing there job

Nice and organised company

I liked work to apleona, the company people always friendly, my ex manager always organised anything we need do per person, always give me totally attention for anything that I need.

Hectic and mad

Lack of planing. Rely on people on the ground to continiouslt get them out of trouble.Do not listen to staff.Firefighting enviroment.All they care about is their metrics.

Pros

Discressionary flexibility

Cons

Do not listen, underhand decisions.

Fun workplace

I loved my time working with the lads here in clonmel. I had to leave due to a bereavement in my family but would love to work for them again in the future..

Nepotism promotion

Salary not great for the type of work you perform, but the job it self helps you build your cv.Promotion are so obviously made towards relatives of the management.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Long shift, with no proper compensation No other benefits

Working in security for them, Great place to work, very friendly atmosphere with great colleagues and management. Always listen to any any grievance or problem you might have. Would recommend working with apleona to anyone, you get what you put in,

Would not recommend anyone take a job them management look bout for themselves your like a hut of dirt on the floor

Short and sweet simple most definitely stay away would not recommend anyone work for them management in it for themselves most definitely watch your back

Pros

Cons

Supervisor a gentleman pity about the rest

If you put in the hard work you will bet rewarded

Facilities is a tough industry but hard work will be rewarded at Apleona and there is progression for the right people who are eager to learn and grow

Pros

Hybrid working

Cons

Demanding clients

Skip this job application and company trust me

From the first off most current staff looking to leave hence why this company is Always! Recruiting- that’s your first clue to steer clear if you value your mental health don’t apply!

Pros

None to mention

Cons

Too many

BAd company to work for stay away from at all costs

Days are long, no feedback from management. Communication poor, high turnover of staff. Little chance of progression, suppliers (sevices and goods) rarely paid on time.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no respect, support from Management in Head office Toxic environment no accountability or ownership of task, Conflict with clients very poor communication to onsite staff Suppliers not paid on time

Positive employer with great career progression

Excellent experience working for Apleona, good pay, fantastic career progression opportunities. They recognise ambition and reward this at every chance

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Long hours but you get out what you put in

All people are nice to work with

I enjoy working with Apleona, always new challenges, great experience and nice environment. Meet new people every day . You have opportunities to move up the ladder to change positions in the company it self . Supplied with a van for work which is a big cost saver on the pocket . You are practically your own boss

Pros

New challenges

Cons

On call

Garbage of the lowest kind

If I was describe working for Apleona with absolute honest, God would condem me to helllll for eternity. Joke management, joke training and an even more hilarious salary. Stay clear if you enjoy happiness in the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apleona. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Apleona with

• Apleona
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?