Apple
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Apple Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork155 reviews
Decent job. Easy and pays nicely for what you’re doing. Management is alright, can sometimes be understaffed which is frustrating. Benefits are very good. Not secure job though
Benefits
Cons
Job Security
Apple has one of the best operational processes for any company. The work load is quite balanced. In terms of job security, Apple is one of the best company to work for but if you are looking for career progression then you may want to rethink your decision of joining Apple. Always keep in mind that Apple recruits the best and feel delighted to get a chance but don't forget you are one of best. Apple has one of best work resources and thus, its great to learning and application of new concepts and ideas.
Good public transport connections close to the city centre. I now have a better knowledge of corporate multinational companies. Very dedicated workforce. Really good facilities on campus for all staff to avail of.
While working for Apple my shift was three days a week working twelve hours a day. A normal day would consist of a morning meeting with our supervisor to talk about our targets and goals for the day ahead. Supervisor's were easy to contact incase of an emergency or if a situation occurred. Majority of the day I worked as part of a team running machines on the factory floor that would put Imacs together. Other times throughout the day I worked on my own to speed up the process of the Imacs being ready to get tested.
Apple is providing one of the best support and training to its employees to make them highly skilled in different tasks.

Following its devices, working for Apple is a high level of engagement where everything would lead you to provide your best to your role and going above this once.

There is a high corporate culture making any of its employees a piece of huge machine that is one of the biggest leaders in the new technologies.
Pros
Corporate culture
Cons
Na
To work at Apple means to support customers all over the world. Apple's European headquarter is the best place to experience diversity at its best.
You need to deal with loads of new information, but you get supported by team and managers, whenever you need help.
Pros
3 different canteens, fitness center onsite, wellness center onsite
Cons
n/a
great job, great salary, great management

everything is provided in the same building, several restaurants, dentist, doctor, gym club
The best company I have every worked for. they listened to their workers and worked with them. The only reason i had to leave was I wanted partime and at the time they not do it Otherwise I would have worked there until I left Ireland/
Apple was a great short experience. Fantastic benefits and working environment, good management and overall happy to be part of that company...sadly I had to move for family reason.
worked as an at home advisor, you never get to personally meet colleagues

it is a very controlled environment, more like big brother someone is constantly watching

lots of procedures

basic training when transitioning to other roles not comprehensive enough

working from the comfort of your home

almost none existent empathy from management
Pros
free gifts
Cons
compulsory over time
I was employed by TNT on site in Apple, it was over 15 years ago, but it was a young workforce. Very mixed bunch of people. Good parking and canteen. Varied work, got busy at product launches.
Part of a team on the line assembling components for monitors, i learned how to be part of a team in a huge multi-national company and gained confidence as i had only completed school, worked with some lovely people there, i don't remember anything being hard about the job and the most enjoyable was being kept busy
Malheureusement pour une entreprise comme Apple, il est impossible de s'y développer en tant qu'être humain et social. Si vous êtes loin de votre famille ou avez une santé fragile, peu importe, vous travaillerez jusqu'à l'incapacité totale.
Il y a très peu d'empathie de la part du management en ce qui concerne l'individualité des employés à ce sujet.
Pros
Avantages sociaux et médicaux sur le site
Cons
Peu de flexibilité au niveau des congés et congés-maladie inexistants
innovative and positively challenging workplace, I learned the importance of attention to detail. My co-workers are great team players and amazing people. Management is very professional.
Pros
good canteen
Cons
no parking
Great management, great facilities, great benefit, great food.
It's s very nice company to be part of.

nearly 5 000 employees now and still growing.

Nice company to work for.
A typical day at work would be taking calls all day long, helping people and making sure they are satisfied at the end of the call.

I learned to deal with a variety of technical and non technical issues regarding Apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc...) on the phone and while managing a short time resolution for every customer. I learnt how to create follow up for some cases and work with other Apple groups in order to give the best response to the customer.

Regarding the management, I have like a special schedule adherence that I have to respect for calls, break, lunch, etc... I gather all the cases which aren't resolved but see with my customers when we can call each other if we need to create follow-ups for their issues. I can provide my contact details also for special cases in order for them to contact me if needed.

I have a very good relation with my co-workers because even though it is a one man job, we share feedback about issues or about inside problems which could impact us or our customers.
Pros
free medical insurance, discounts
Cons
shift continuously changing
A typical day at work is very quiet as Apple's policy is to have much more people in than the activity to ensure that no customer contact will be lost.
I learnt a great deal on Logistics; Order Management; Complaints Management; Fulfilment operations and human nature.

Co-workers are professional and fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job is that due to the amount of people in, there is only pure work for 1 to 2 hours a day out of 8 hours. It therefore makes the day very long as there is nothing to work during the empty times.

In addition, the schedules are not fix and change every week sometimes every day which makes it quite hard for work/life balance and management does not assist in helping employees find arrangements to suit everyone when possible.

Most enjoyable part is the colleagues and exchanges with the company.

Also, the company is very decent when employees are leaving even if resigning one will get two months salary on average.
Pros
3 Restaurants, full medical centre onsite, dentist, physiotherapists, Gp, gym, package
Cons
long hours, no negociations, shifts, ambiance, stress
I went into Google with my own filters and expectations on what the experience would be like and what I would end up doing.
I started in September 2013 as a Technical Support Expert which involved taking direct calls from our end users of all iOS Devices and help them resolve their queries over the phone. Since, I had never used an Apple Device before joining Apple, It wasn't easy in the beginning but with time I learned a great deal from the colleagues and went on to become the "Best Performer of the Quarter".

I then moved on to take the senior role where my duties involved taking consults from the Tier 1 members and giving them advise as to how to resolve issue on not just iOS but CPU (MacBooks and iMacs) devices. I would also take over the call if the customer on the other end is not entirely satisfied with the resolution provided by my colleague in the Tier 1 department. I would then use my customer service and positioning skills to pacify the customer and make them understand as to why this resolution is in place.

After spending 6 months in the senior role, I joined the Senior Specialist position. My areas of responsibilities in this role would include Improving team performance by being able to coach to behaviours, with particular emphasis on customer reten- tion and recovery. Investigating and analysing problematic issues and see through to completion.

Assisting in the development of the department teams through roundtables.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come up with your own ideas and implement them and show the positive impact on the department
 - more...
Pros
Freedom to be innovative and creative
Cons
Salary not competetive
Apple, une société disposant de grands moyens pur faire évoluer ses employés en fonction de leurs compétences. Un must!
Pros
Société avec de grands moyens au plan de la formation et du coaching
Cons
Grande structure donc parfois difficile de faire évoluer certains aspects de la vie a travail
In the Heart of the IFSC in Dublin ( now the Spencer Hotel )

This bustling epicentre of hospitality amid a busy financial services district.

Lots of friendly staff and interesting clients
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Hotel
working shift hours was the hardest part but the opportunity to advance within the company was very rewarding. 12 hour shifts four days a week.
Pros
wages
Cons
shift work