Apple
Information from Apple:

Apple Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Technical Support16 reviews
Ireland16 reviews
good place to start with, difficult to move or progress
good pay and benefits, no work - life balance, it's great company to work with if you are new starter, if you wanna make a progress it is extremely difficult and it takes years to move to another position
Pros
benefits, pay, health care, pension plan
Cons
work life - no balance, stressful environment, strong corporate culture with no human value
Apple es como una familia
Lo que he aprendido trabajando en esa empresa es que todos podemos realizar lo que queremos. Ideas y contributos personales tienen valor.
Avoid if you can
I have been in the company for several years. However, the lack of good management, and abundance of micromanagement, makes it a toxic environnement. The lack of work experience of the people hired and therefore exposure to a professional work place makes it a place where employees are not treated fairly but sometimes do not realise it. Clear lack of respect to customers and employees. A lot is about appearances.
It’s a good company to work for with a lot of opportunities as the company is always expanding and creating more jobs and so opportunities to progress and you meet interesting people as well
Working at Apple
Working at Apple definitely never gets boring. There’s new challenges every day which is a good thing. However, the work culture is very tight. Breaks would be scheduled and they are very strict In that perspective. The shift changes every three months and you’re mostly not off for Xmas as you’re not allowed to take holidays which I found hard to deal with.
At home Advisor
Work life balance at Apple is tough but manageable. Make sure you have a separate working environment where you can close the door and step away from. The salary at Apple is very good, not quite great for the pressure of day to day calls in my opinion but is a good starting point. Benefits are great with discounts internally and externally (hotels, in stores online etc) as well as health and dental insurance provided. Job security is a given with such a large and thriving company but advancement is slow as the company has plateaued (July 2019). Management is good at Apple provided you are not passed pillar to post between different managers. Job culture is good but could be a lot better for AHA's as we are not really thought of (out of sight out of mind). Some advisors have set up their own social clubs and get very involved with volunteering in their area.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
Good company
Apple is a really good company who allows people to give their opinions. Good working day period. Good management and benefits. Good company in the overall.
Number on a page
As I'm sure most of you know, you are just a number on a page to these big companies until you reach for higher positions. Just a friendly word of advice!
Rewarding Experience
I was employed with Apple for six months as an AHA IOS adviser.

I enjoyed the role but would recommend having call centre experience before pursing.

The hours are long and there's not much personal time between calls. Also working from home it can be difficult to click with colleagues and can feel a bit remote that was my experience.

Overall the experience of working for Apple was definitely worth it.
Pros
Personal discount, friends and family etc. Working for a Well known brand.
Cons
Long hours overtime, weekend work etc.
Good Pay and Good Perks
Tough Job as helping very technical issue for international customers who all have different service options.
Also keeping the customers account secure can lead to trouble when customer is locked out.
Pros
high pay good benefits
Cons
shift rotation only every 3 months
job at apple
great job, great salary, great management

everything is provided in the same building, several restaurants, dentist, doctor, gym club
great opportunity
worked as an at home advisor, you never get to personally meet colleagues

it is a very controlled environment, more like big brother someone is constantly watching

lots of procedures

basic training when transitioning to other roles not comprehensive enough

working from the comfort of your home

almost none existent empathy from management
Pros
free gifts
Cons
compulsory over time
High quality support and very team spirit working place
A typical day at work would be taking calls all day long, helping people and making sure they are satisfied at the end of the call.

I learned to deal with a variety of technical and non technical issues regarding Apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc...) on the phone and while managing a short time resolution for every customer. I learnt how to create follow up for some cases and work with other Apple groups in order to give the best response to the customer.

Regarding the management, I have like a special schedule adherence that I have to respect for calls, break, lunch, etc... I gather all the cases which aren't resolved but see with my customers when we can call each other if we need to create follow-ups for their issues. I can provide my contact details also for special cases in order for them to contact me if needed.

I have a very good relation with my co-workers because even though it is a one man job, we share feedback about issues or about inside problems which could impact us or our customers.
Pros
free medical insurance, discounts
Cons
shift continuously changing
Good steping stone
Apple is a ok place to work , simple , and easy
would start a 10,30 , take calls all day , then end a 19H

Learned how to properly communicate with cst and deal with issues
Hard to find anything better..
Usual day starts off checking emails, then on calls for the day with 2 breaks and a lunch between this.

Checking mail, doing the usual, it's a fairly relaxed place to work. Learning to be quick but not over doing it is important. Knowing technology helps.. really does.

As for managers.. wow.. nothing like the kind you love to hate. They're fantastic and always happy to help. Nothing like any other workplace.

When it comes to people I work with.. they're so relaxed, laid back, and just as happy as me. Its amazing to see such happy people at work, usually its the other way around.

Hardest part of the job? The shifts. The late shift is what I was put on for a while but once you are on the early shift it removes the only real downside to the job - losing your evening.

Best part of the job? It's Apple.. nuff said.

This isn't a review to make Apple look good, these guys are genuinely the best to work for.. I don't think I'd ever think of going anywhere else.
Pros
Breaks & Lunch times, Management, Low workloads
Cons
High mental strain, Moderate stress levels
Productive and interesting
A typical day would involve incoming calls and distressed callers - the sense of enjoyment from helping people in distress is unmeasurable.

Not great co-workers but rather great friends always supportive and looking to assist when needed.
Pros
Friends, opportunities, lunch