Apple
Information from Apple:

Apple Employee Reviews for Technical Support in Cork

Technical Support11 reviews
Cork11 reviews
It’s a good company to work for with a lot of opportunities as the company is always expanding and creating more jobs and so opportunities to progress and you meet interesting people as well
Lo que he aprendido trabajando en esa empresa es que todos podemos realizar lo que queremos. Ideas y contributos personales tienen valor.
I have been in the company for several years. However, the lack of good management, and abundance of micromanagement, makes it a toxic environnement. The lack of work experience of the people hired and therefore exposure to a professional work place makes it a place where employees are not treated fairly but sometimes do not realise it. Clear lack of respect to customers and employees. A lot is about appearances.
Working at Apple definitely never gets boring. There’s new challenges every day which is a good thing. However, the work culture is very tight. Breaks would be scheduled and they are very strict In that perspective. The shift changes every three months and you’re mostly not off for Xmas as you’re not allowed to take holidays which I found hard to deal with.
Apple is a really good company who allows people to give their opinions. Good working day period. Good management and benefits. Good company in the overall.
As I'm sure most of you know, you are just a number on a page to these big companies until you reach for higher positions. Just a friendly word of advice!
great job, great salary, great management

everything is provided in the same building, several restaurants, dentist, doctor, gym club
worked as an at home advisor, you never get to personally meet colleagues

it is a very controlled environment, more like big brother someone is constantly watching

lots of procedures

basic training when transitioning to other roles not comprehensive enough

working from the comfort of your home

almost none existent empathy from management
Pros
free gifts
Cons
compulsory over time
A typical day at work would be taking calls all day long, helping people and making sure they are satisfied at the end of the call.

I learned to deal with a variety of technical and non technical issues regarding Apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc...) on the phone and while managing a short time resolution for every customer. I learnt how to create follow up for some cases and work with other Apple groups in order to give the best response to the customer.

Regarding the management, I have like a special schedule adherence that I have to respect for calls, break, lunch, etc... I gather all the cases which aren't resolved but see with my customers when we can call each other if we need to create follow-ups for their issues. I can provide my contact details also for special cases in order for them to contact me if needed.

I have a very good relation with my co-workers because even though it is a one man job, we share feedback about issues or about inside problems which could impact us or our customers.
Pros
free medical insurance, discounts
Cons
shift continuously changing
Apple is a ok place to work , simple , and easy
would start a 10,30 , take calls all day , then end a 19H

Learned how to properly communicate with cst and deal with issues
A typical day would involve incoming calls and distressed callers - the sense of enjoyment from helping people in distress is unmeasurable.

Not great co-workers but rather great friends always supportive and looking to assist when needed.
Pros
Friends, opportunities, lunch