Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews

ok place to work
long hours. more u do the less thanks you get. management are hard to please, always had great time for other employees. but not enough to stay. its tough at times.
Worst Place
Nothing is organized, i have applied and immediatelly started my work then to which i was not given any clothing and was right off told by the site manager that he doesn't like this, but he is the one that has to provide this. While we had a good team working all was great until the site manager started acting unprofessional after 2 months of my work and started complaining about everything to all staff. Encouraging people to leave, even made one of the younger staff members get back on using anti-depressants to deal with the situation. At the end of the day without any notice my hours were cut from 40 to 20 and then 3 days later was told that i will be let go.

Overall the team and place was good but the management and especially the site manager are horrible. They do not care if you are not happy as they will just hire anyone that applies.
Not organized,very bad management
Disrespectful, racists, have to check your pay slip every week,mistakes with payment. Lazy, without knowledge and experience managers sitting in office and browsing FB, non-stop online on WhatsApp or playing games. The same time can't make orders right. Abusive and bullying in front of customers. Women has to do very heavy and difficult jobs,place is Not Safe for staff. Always short with staff,you have to do work for 2 or 3 people,but get €9,80 per hour only.
Would not recommend
Horrible place to work treated really badly and if you don’t like mice or rats would highly advice avoiding as they are everywhere , worst place I every worked and I’ve had a lot of jobs.
Fired for terrible causes
Fun place to work. But was let go due to talking out of turn. Also manager had moved me working as floorstaff onto a subway counter which was not in my contract and I had previously stated in my interview that I do not work week with food.
Assistant deli
Very unprofessional experience working here and not even due to the management of the deli but the talking that can be done in front of customers was so unprofessional. Character defamation and very rude to customers (not my own customer service)
Fun workplace
Very nice work environment, really helped me to develop my people skills. Fast paced and competitive. Staff are all very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
staff are very nice
Cons
shop is very small
Challenging
Was good working with Applegreen because learned alot from there, it was challenging loved the atmosphere. Pay wasn't great for the amount of work that needed to be done.
Productive and hardworking but not in a good way
A typical day would be as described... productive and hardworking. However, the reason why I am only rating this a 1 is because the benefits of this job are absolutely non existent. You get no lunch benefits whatsoever. Your half an hour break (even if you're in full time) is unpaid. The manager completely took advantage of my hours. Giving me full time hours ever day I was off, even though I had college work and... a life outside the job.
The hours were the overall reason I left. Eight to nine hours everyday I was off college. It was ridiculous and unrealistic.

I learned to be assertive in this job and to learn in a fast paced environment. Especially when you are given out to on your first day for making insignificant mistakes. Speaking of which The training is as non existent as the benefits. From the first day it feels like you're expected to not make any mistakes. Also, after doing the 9 hours everyday you're off, you're made to do Applegreen and Subway (or whatever department you're working in) training online in your spare time. But nothing practical, that's a waste of Applegreen's time lol.

The management was explained really... wasn't the worst management I had but gave me too many hours.

The workplace culture was clique and stressful. It was all girls who would sometimes be gossiping away while you are serving all the customers and cleaning everything.

The hardest part of the job was being expected to get to grips such work without being practically trained. The most enjoyable part was... the break really. Finally sitting down.

Pros

You learn to think
 - more...
Apple Green
While I was working at Apple Green I was working in the car wash while also working cleaning shop floor, fridges etc. I was also cleaning the four courts and petrol pumps and was responsible for taking out bins and disposing of cardboard boxes.
Sound spot ta work for
Working here for about 6 months and gotta say it a fair company hard work is reconised and management is fair and treat you 100 percent. Would recommend. Room for progression also which is a benefit too :)
Dont work here
Horrible staff bad culture no morals
No career development opportunity

Little organisation

Absolutely no vision to be ethical

High staff turn over with a disposable attitude
Stressful
Very Big pressure from managment ,always trying to minimise to amount of people working on the site by adding jobs to people.Training is very poor and your expected to know it all
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager 1st Assistant of store Manager with 4+ years of experience managing a high- quality and fast-paced restaurant. Skilled at training staff to the highest standards of customer service, ensuring increased customer satisfactions, reduced staff turnover rates, and a rise in sales in sales through up selling techniques.
Below average to work for have no respect for their staff.
Worked for applegreen for 5 years and was threatened by an outside driver with violence and company choose to ignore the incident after I reported it there was no investagation done in regards to dispute do not follow their own employee handbook only when it suits them. They do not care about staff just want you to work loads of extra hours without extra pay. If you don't mind been
treated like a doormat this is the perfect job for you. Almost
Terrible just terrible
You get paid minimum wage, their idea of part-time is 35 hours so good luck. I went on holiday just to come back and find out I was replaced. I would never ever recommend this place
good
yeah good enjoyed most of it management is a joke was never paid right always excuses from someone but i liked the job itself. shame on the management.
Productive and busy workplace
A typical day at work consisted of mainly on the till dealing with customer's needs, it can be a busy place to work which is good your day goes quite fast and everyone is pleasant. I find the pay very good but it was a build-up to get my wages what they were. Would recommend this job
Wouldn't recommend Ballyvolane
I worked in ballyvolane applegreen for just under 6 months. I seen first hand why the staff turnover is so bad in this particular location. Manage by a lady who runs it like a dictatorship, her daughter is the supervisor, not really qualified, yet she only does one day a week and arrives and leaves with the Manager. Manager discloses staffs personal information information to other staff members and when confronted about it, she acts as tho nothing is wrong with that. Also don't believe the 20 to 30 hour contract as you only get an 8 hour contract and the manager will put you down to that if she feels like it and will laugh in your face if you question her on it , she will just stare that you only have an 8 hour contract. Also I was hired with the understanding that I would be on 10+ an hour and was only receiving minimum wage even tho my contract stated different!
Cons
Very bad manager
Would not recommend to work for that particular Applegreen where I worked!Very rude manager and no feedback what so ever. Only complaining! Small hours!
You will get hired, but that is not a good thing.
A typical day is being shouted at and treated like a moron, and that is just the customers, the "management" are worse.

I learned that you may have a supervisor or management title, but you are not trained for that position to the same standards of any other similar sized company.

The management need to be fully, and properly trained to run a department and deal with staff professionally. Not trained by the previous manager who obviously would like to see the place fail, and who they themselves had improper training.

the culture is competition between staff and other departments, which is a good idea, but has turned into sabotage and mockery over mistakes.

people generally get along with each other, with a select few frivolously logging complaints to chase a promotion and demean the competition.

The hardest part of the job is getting everything done within your shift, i would describe it best as not choosing what needs to be done, but choosing what you want to be giving out for not doing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the weekends when little to no managers are around, and you can just get on with your work, because you are an adult.