Applegreen Employee Reviews

very poor place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath8 June 2018
i worked in applegreen and lasted 1month. shop used to be a spar and had great athmosphere but when applegreen took over the shop compleatly changed, business plumetted and staff moral was very low but management didnt care. when i left i asked for my p45 and 6 months later i still dont have my p45 as the manager refused to give it to me. woudnt recommend for anybody.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Good as a first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield, County Meath30 May 2018
For minnimun salaŕy yuo have to work for a few people poor managment and no respect for staff clients can offence you and you have no rights there. I had worked there for two months only fiday to sunday and whit no managment on the shifts . While there used to be two of them on obe shift, and managment used to give out if somethings wrong even if I was not trained in
Pros
God to learn languge
Cons
Poor managment.
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath22 May 2018
I left because the management was awful, the links in communication was non existent, managers and assistant managers were not aware of each other's instructions which led to confusion and disruptance between productivity. rate of turnover spoke for itself, employees were not happy and left or were let go because of very unfair reasons. The waste disposal was disgusting , layed all over the yard with birds and the like picking at them and bursting bags. Would not recommend. Also no water privelages had to buy from shop, no discount or lunch privileges, leaving premises for break was frowned upon, found very costly to work there.
Friendly work place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Castlebellingham north31 March 2018
My job covers from clearing tables doing dishes to keeping toilets clean .I work in a friendly environment with good work colleagues. Customers often comment on how good a job I do to how clean the station is kept. The hardest part of my job is the long hours as it's shift work . The best part is hearing customers satisfaction on jobs being well done .
Pros
Close to home
not so fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wexford28 February 2018
did not like this place was in the company for far to long. long working hours and lack of care for staff. all the main people look after themselfs and not the staff
Its good place to work
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clonsekeagh27 February 2018
I had learn more skills and experience about my work, good to pay, have experience in bakewell, allcoffes, customer service, knowledge about job, it's good
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Its 8hours shift
Absolutely dreadful place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Limerick16 February 2018
I worked in apple green for only 6 months before being fired for refusing to clean up after the assistant manager after she used the toilet.. management absolutely the worst, long hours unpaid breaks and just a complete disaster of a company.. wouldn’t recommend working for them
Pros
The staff are the nicest people
Cons
Job for young people, low pay & long hours
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Wicklow30 January 2018
I worked for applegreen for 2 years, the hours are long and unsociable. The pay is atrocious even at management level! I progressed from supervisor to manager within a few months which is good but once you spend the time & put in the effort of becoming management they want to ship you off across the country so not suitable for people with family’s. Very high turnover of staff throughout the company which speaks for itself. No incentive to move up the management ladder when you know you won’t get the pay you deserve and you’ll be expected to uproot your entire life and move site only to be moved again in a year or two! No respect for staff, your only a number with applegreen!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic sales targets
Not a great place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Connacht31 December 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, management is very poor, there is no care for staff even though they do alot whilst only on minimum wage.
Pros
Staff
Applegreen
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leinster3 December 2017
Great company to work for, learnt alot and progressed well here. Friendly staff and management and head office very easy to approach. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to apply with them.
Pros
Chance to work up the ladder.
Cons
Wages can be low.
Awful Employers
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wicklow30 November 2017
Probably one of the poorest companies in Ireland to work for..as the incredible staff turnover suggests..a pity, it could be so different, if you want to work for a mimimum wage and have zero ambition, then this is the company for you...
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Dreadful management
Great place to work!
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Tuam Rd. Galway25 October 2017
Great place to work!

Very busy and a lot to do! Work ethic and culture is very goodd too!
Very good place to learn new things, stock taking, food handling,
working with till and take care of costumers, and cleaning the floor as every day task!
Best people and stuff to work with!
Everyone is helpful and team player!
Salary is could be better, also shifts can be very long!
Pros
Free coffee
Excellent Employers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2017
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballinteer, County Dublin11 September 2017
There is a good atmosphere within the store and I enjoy working with the other staff.
The shop is a nice size and an excellent location, just short distance from the M50 exit.
Pros
convenient for traveling for me personally
Cons
occasionally there are short shift gives ex. 4 hours
was good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trim, County Meath24 August 2017
i liked it but i didnt like working night shifts at the weekend. the staf were all good and it was a friendly place to work it just wasnt for me. but i enjoyed my time there
Pros
i got 30-40 hours a week
Cons
night shifts
average place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kinsealy, County Dublin19 August 2017
This Job should only be used as a stepping stone as it is low pay and unsociable hours and should only be permanent for someone with no ambition. No increase in wage or a way to progress up through the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No Management sturcture
Productive fun workplace
Delicatessen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Julianstown, County Meath14 August 2017
I enjoyed working as I learned sales and till work and gained experience working in a busy shop environment , I had nice co-workers also it was great to deal with the general public and improve my professionalism towards the overall workforce
Productive workplace
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Mallow, County Cork11 August 2017
Generally working over there was pretty easy, good work conditions but unstable hours. Other employees were very friendly and easy going. I have learned many thing while working in this place.
applegreen
Deli Assistant, till operator (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin29 June 2017
Good place to work and majority of the staff are friendly and helpful, very busy place to work for, i learned to work the tills and stock shelfs and present them properly and i also worked in the deli, making breakfast rolls, applegreen is a very popular place where loads of people go.
Pros
made friends
Cons
long and too short hours
Worst management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glanmire, County Cork29 June 2017
Worst company to work, dont get even drinking water on site.. You have to buy drinking water from the shop u work if you are not carrying it, so forget about the coffee or free lunch things..
Pros
meeting people
Cons
poor wages, poor management