Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews

Ireland120 reviews
If you really stuck with job so this one is better than none. Work as works, not bad. Really depends d of your site manager, shop manager and colleagues. Site manager in my ship was very unprofessional.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Flexible hours
I worked with Applegreen for about a year and a half. My time there was always positive. I was very lucky to have great colleagues but also a great management team. The head office and area managers were also so helpful, nice and courteous when coming to visit and always had nice things to say. We never felt intimidated or worried about their arrival.
Pros
Great staff. Flexible shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings :)
Supportive management and support of HR
Opportunity to advance if you push yourself.

Mentors. Training.in all.roles.

Chance to move to US or UK

Great teams..
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Training
Cons
Salary
I think it’s not i great place to work. Unorganised, unprofessional and unapproachable management if you make a mistake or need some help
The Hours are nice is the only pro.
With sincere honesty,

Management were beyond incompetent. Breaks were routinely denied. You had to check your pay slip weekly to ensure you were paid correctly, then argue with management to get it corrected. Staff worked before without adequate training. Staff expected to work ourside their contracted roles without proper training. Emails to company HR were never returned.
Nothing is organized, i have applied and immediatelly started my work then to which i was not given any clothing and was right off told by the site manager that he doesn't like this, but he is the one that has to provide this. While we had a good team working all was great until the site manager started acting unprofessional after 2 months of my work and started complaining about everything to all staff. Encouraging people to leave, even made one of the younger staff members get back on using anti-depressants to deal with the situation. At the end of the day without any notice my hours were cut from 40 to 20 and then 3 days later was told that i will be let go.

Overall the team and place was good but the management and especially the site manager are horrible. They do not care if you are not happy as they will just hire anyone that applies.
Disrespectful, racists, have to check your pay slip every week,mistakes with payment. Lazy, without knowledge and experience managers sitting in office and browsing FB, non-stop online on WhatsApp or playing games. The same time can't make orders right. Abusive and bullying in front of customers. Women has to do very heavy and difficult jobs,place is Not Safe for staff. Always short with staff,you have to do work for 2 or 3 people,but get €9,80 per hour only.
Horrible place to work treated really badly and if you don’t like mice or rats would highly advice avoiding as they are everywhere , worst place I every worked and I’ve had a lot of jobs.
Fun place to work. But was let go due to talking out of turn. Also manager had moved me working as floorstaff onto a subway counter which was not in my contract and I had previously stated in my interview that I do not work week with food.
Very unprofessional experience working here and not even due to the management of the deli but the talking that can be done in front of customers was so unprofessional. Character defamation and very rude to customers (not my own customer service)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Applegreen?
Very nice work environment, really helped me to develop my people skills. Fast paced and competitive. Staff are all very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
staff are very nice
Cons
shop is very small
long hours. more u do the less thanks you get. management are hard to please, always had great time for other employees. but not enough to stay. its tough at times.
Was good working with Applegreen because learned alot from there, it was challenging loved the atmosphere. Pay wasn't great for the amount of work that needed to be done.
A typical day would be as described... productive and hardworking. However, the reason why I am only rating this a 1 is because the benefits of this job are absolutely non existent. You get no lunch benefits whatsoever. Your half an hour break (even if you're in full time) is unpaid. The manager completely took advantage of my hours. Giving me full time hours ever day I was off, even though I had college work and... a life outside the job.
The hours were the overall reason I left. Eight to nine hours everyday I was off college. It was ridiculous and unrealistic.

I learned to be assertive in this job and to learn in a fast paced environment. Especially when you are given out to on your first day for making insignificant mistakes. Speaking of which The training is as non existent as the benefits. From the first day it feels like you're expected to not make any mistakes. Also, after doing the 9 hours everyday you're off, you're made to do Applegreen and Subway (or whatever department you're working in) training online in your spare time. But nothing practical, that's a waste of Applegreen's time lol.

The management was explained really... wasn't the worst management I had but gave me too many hours.

The workplace culture was clique and stressful. It was all girls who would sometimes be gossiping away while you are serving all the customers and cleaning everything.

The hardest part of the job was being expected to get to grips such work without being practically trained. The most enjoyable part was... the break really. Finally sitting down.

Pros

You learn to think
 - more...
While I was working at Apple Green I was working in the car wash while also working cleaning shop floor, fridges etc. I was also cleaning the four courts and petrol pumps and was responsible for taking out bins and disposing of cardboard boxes.
Working here for about 6 months and gotta say it a fair company hard work is reconised and management is fair and treat you 100 percent. Would recommend. Room for progression also which is a benefit too :)
Horrible staff bad culture no morals
No career development opportunity

Little organisation

Absolutely no vision to be ethical

High staff turn over with a disposable attitude
Very Big pressure from managment ,always trying to minimise to amount of people working on the site by adding jobs to people.Training is very poor and your expected to know it all
Store Manager 1st Assistant of store Manager with 4+ years of experience managing a high- quality and fast-paced restaurant. Skilled at training staff to the highest standards of customer service, ensuring increased customer satisfactions, reduced staff turnover rates, and a rise in sales in sales through up selling techniques.
Worked for applegreen for 5 years and was threatened by an outside driver with violence and company choose to ignore the incident after I reported it there was no investagation done in regards to dispute do not follow their own employee handbook only when it suits them. They do not care about staff just want you to work loads of extra hours without extra pay. If you don't mind been
treated like a doormat this is the perfect job for you. Almost
You get paid minimum wage, their idea of part-time is 35 hours so good luck. I went on holiday just to come back and find out I was replaced. I would never ever recommend this place