Applegreen
Applegreen Employee Review

Friendly and Work Motivated Employees

26 August 2019
Very enjoyable company to work for, the work is challenging but not impossible but overall the attitude of my previous employees made it very easy to get work done. Working for this company was my first job and going from no experience to 2 years of experience that will stand to me I am very proud to have achieved
Pros
Free Teas/Coffees, Free Lunches, Employee Rewards Card Discounts
Cons
Working some occasional night shifts
19 June 2020
I worked with Applegreen for about a year and a half. My time there was always positive. I was very lucky to have great colleagues but also a great management team. The head office and area managers were also so helpful, nice and courteous when coming to visit and always had nice things to say. We never felt intimidated or worried about their arrival.
Pros
Great staff. Flexible shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings :)
14 April 2020
Same role
With sincere honesty,

Management were beyond incompetent. Breaks were routinely denied. You had to check your pay slip weekly to ensure you were paid correctly, then argue with management to get it corrected. Staff worked before without adequate training. Staff expected to work ourside their contracted roles without proper training. Emails to company HR were never returned.
2 October 2019
Same location
I worked in ballyvolane applegreen for just under 6 months. I seen first hand why the staff turnover is so bad in this particular location. Manage by a lady who runs it like a dictatorship, her daughter is the supervisor, not really qualified, yet she only does one day a week and arrives and leaves with the Manager. Manager discloses staffs personal information information to other staff members and when confronted about it, she acts as tho nothing is wrong with that. Also don't believe the 20 to 30 hour contract as you only get an 8 hour contract and the manager will put you down to that if she feels like it and will laugh in your face if you question her on it , she will just stare that you only have an 8 hour contract. Also I was hired with the understanding that I would be on 10+ an hour and was only receiving minimum wage even tho my contract stated different!