Applegreen
Applegreen Employee Review

I'ts a job

17 August 2019
You go in work and then leave on time if you're lucky. hours are long and work is hard. You are just a number that is used to gain targets. if you're lucky to get a good manager work is okay if not you feel overworked and undervalued.
Cons
long hours, you're just a number to the company.
23 May 2019
Same location
I worked in applegreen for over two years. The so called managers of each department are no more than secondary school gossips. If you ever need them just go out the back and you’ll find them all gossiping over a cigarette. Whenever it was busy they were no where to be found and talked openly about other employees it’s a disgrace. While we were all on minimum wage and worked nine hour shifts with barely half an hour break each day (if it was busy you wouldn’t get a break) the managers would be in the office or as I said before having a smoke . If you want to be gossiped about,underpaid and treated like dirt applegreen is the place for you. PS the manager used a personal camera to record conversations? Illegal?
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Too many
2 October 2018
Poor pay
Unprofessional senior management

Ruthless with cutting hours

Little or no morale among staff

No staff facilities

You have to pay any till shortages from your own pocket

Get put on roster to close until 11pm and be expected back in at 7am

No discounts for staff

A lot of foreign staff speaking their own language around you incl managers
Pros
Cons
All of the above
30 January 2018
I worked for applegreen for 2 years, the hours are long and unsociable. The pay is atrocious even at management level! I progressed from supervisor to manager within a few months which is good but once you spend the time & put in the effort of becoming management they want to ship you off across the country so not suitable for people with family’s. Very high turnover of staff throughout the company which speaks for itself. No incentive to move up the management ladder when you know you won’t get the pay you deserve and you’ll be expected to uproot your entire life and move site only to be moved again in a year or two! No respect for staff, your only a number with applegreen!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic sales targets