Applegreen
Applegreen Employee Review

Productive, challenging place to work.

4 October 2015
Fun place to work all management get along which enables us to work better as a team. We have good communication with all of our staff and we all have fun at work in different ways. There is always room to grow. The company is always looking for ways their staff can grow within the company although the pay is not what one would expect considering the work that is carried out on a daily basis. My job is to run a successful shift, look after the money in the safe, ensure the tills maintain the correct float throughout the day. Ensure staff are working to the best of their ability but enjoying their day in work. I ensure staff are trained correctly and training books are up to date. I ensure everything complies to Burger King standards and that all products being held and sold are of the best quality for our customers.
Pros
The ability to grow within the company.
Cons
long hours, not great pay, not the job I want to be in.
18 June 2020
Same role
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) - County Kildare
Supportive management and support of HR Opportunity to advance if you push yourself. Mentors. Training.in all.roles. Chance to move to US or UK Great teams..
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Training
Cons
Salary
10 September 2019
Same role
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) - Celbridge, County Kildare
I felt that the companies is constantly changing and that it that is why high staff turnover is present. The management at times can be quite stubborn as they are moved around too much as well.
1 August 2016
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Lusk, County Dublin
There's a lot of silly rules and long shifts. I once did a 12 hr shift and finished at 11pm only to start another shift at 7am. Found out via a friend this is illegal. Not allowed leave the station for lunch even though this is an unpaid break with no lunch provided. It really is a job for the young and I'm sorry to say naive as management don't like been questioned. Minimum wage, maximum hours.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Very low pay, poor condtions, long hours