Applegreen
Applegreen Employee Review

Terrible company

30 April 2017
Best to avoid this dreadful company. Huge staff turnover speaks for itself. Sales staff must pay for drive offs out of their wages. Management degrade you in front of customer's. Lots of silly rules and regulations. Zero job satisfaction and poor wages for heavy workload. There is nothing green about applegreen.
Pros
Awful
Cons
Poor wages no job satisfaction
20 September 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Clonmel, County Tipperary
It’s not dealing fair due to difference race if you are Irish you will be treated in different way site manager is very racist don’t like other races she is very rude to staff even in-front of customers
Pros
It’s ok for new comers
Cons
Not dealing equal due to race
24 July 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Waterford
job is handy enough, people working with you are good,but the management really changes the place. depending on how well the managers like you depends on how many hours you get regardless of contracts. Managers of smaller departments have serious power trips and treat some staff like lesser human beings seen a lot of HR nightmare moments in my time working, managers bullying staff and showing clear favouritism towards others. area managers tend to treat staff like dirt under their shoes when visiting unless your'e a manager.
Pros
The people you work with can be great
Cons
stuck on 3-11 90% of the time, no free lunch or even water.
11 July 2019
Same roleSame location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Wexford Town, County Wexford
I worked for Applegreen for 4 years. There is no opportunity to grow within the company. The management was unprofessional and when I went to them with a work issue instead of resolving it they went to the person and told them. I worked many Holidays alone even though there is always suppose to be two people working. We were treated like children with the manager even putting up a reward chart. I would dread going to work everyday because it was such a miserable environment. There are better places to work.
Pros
Leaving