Applegreen
Applegreen Employee Review

Worst Place

22 March 2020
Nothing is organized, i have applied and immediatelly started my work then to which i was not given any clothing and was right off told by the site manager that he doesn't like this, but he is the one that has to provide this. While we had a good team working all was great until the site manager started acting unprofessional after 2 months of my work and started complaining about everything to all staff. Encouraging people to leave, even made one of the younger staff members get back on using anti-depressants to deal with the situation. At the end of the day without any notice my hours were cut from 40 to 20 and then 3 days later was told that i will be let go.

Overall the team and place was good but the management and especially the site manager are horrible. They do not care if you are not happy as they will just hire anyone that applies.
20 September 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Clonmel, County Tipperary
It’s not dealing fair due to difference race if you are Irish you will be treated in different way site manager is very racist don’t like other races she is very rude to staff even in-front of customers
Pros
It’s ok for new comers
Cons
Not dealing equal due to race
14 September 2020
Shop assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
Minimum wage not justified for the constant tasks and responsibility for dangerous flammable liquids. Lack of perks such as tea/coffee creates a cold working environment. Regional and senior management look down on shop assistants. Simply but, treat your employees as you would like to be treated yourself and would go a long way in negating the negative reviews featured here and the high staff turnover
Pros
Cons
Pay, bad work to life ratio, poor Company management
31 August 2020
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Ballymount, County Dublin
This was my first proper job and I absolutely loved it at the start. The management are so rude very selfish couldn’t care less about employees. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Every single thing