Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews

If you really stuck with job so this one is better than none. Work as works, not bad. Really depends d of your site manager, shop manager and colleagues. Site manager in my ship was very unprofessional.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Flexible hours
I left applegreen and found myself going back there. Friendly, lively and fun place to work. Management will help you develop and feel comfortable going to them with any issues. It’s not just a job it’s a great social outlet. I would highly recommend a job at Applegreen. Excellent training given also 👍🏻
Pros
Fun, friendly and lively
Cons
Can be very fast paced and busy
I worked with Applegreen for about a year and a half. My time there was always positive. I was very lucky to have great colleagues but also a great management team. The head office and area managers were also so helpful, nice and courteous when coming to visit and always had nice things to say. We never felt intimidated or worried about their arrival.
Pros
Great staff. Flexible shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings :)
Supportive management and support of HR
Opportunity to advance if you push yourself.

Mentors. Training.in all.roles.

Chance to move to US or UK

Great teams..
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Training
Cons
Salary
I think it’s not i great place to work. Unorganised, unprofessional and unapproachable management if you make a mistake or need some help
The Hours are nice is the only pro.
Pros
Loved working here, couldn’t have asked for a better manager, hard work and a lot asked of you from higher management but with a good team it is manageable. Would never have left but had to relocate
Pros
Supportive, challenging
Cons
Hours given to support manager sometimes not enough
They need to focus on Regional Managers, most of them are awful and so disrespectful towards current staff.
However upper management above this are very friendly.
Good to work
Good management

Good team

All the staff is competitive

Management is ready to help with

I would suggest anyone to join this if possible
With sincere honesty,

Management were beyond incompetent. Breaks were routinely denied. You had to check your pay slip weekly to ensure you were paid correctly, then argue with management to get it corrected. Staff worked before without adequate training. Staff expected to work ourside their contracted roles without proper training. Emails to company HR were never returned.
Don't work here!!! If you're up the supervisor's hole you will get anything you want!!! No proper training for any on-site job's , staff thinking they are senior management , they speak to you as if you have no education
Nothing is organized, i have applied and immediatelly started my work then to which i was not given any clothing and was right off told by the site manager that he doesn't like this, but he is the one that has to provide this. While we had a good team working all was great until the site manager started acting unprofessional after 2 months of my work and started complaining about everything to all staff. Encouraging people to leave, even made one of the younger staff members get back on using anti-depressants to deal with the situation. At the end of the day without any notice my hours were cut from 40 to 20 and then 3 days later was told that i will be let go.

Overall the team and place was good but the management and especially the site manager are horrible. They do not care if you are not happy as they will just hire anyone that applies.
Constantly changing shift patterns and management who do the bare minimum. Welcome to Apple Green. Want a break? You'd better hope there's someone around to give you one!
A typical day at work includes serving customers, cleaning and stocking. The hardest part is getting used to the amount of customers who come in on the weekends.
Training on site? Show you a couple of things in one night and expect you to know everything straight away second night of training the trainer sleeps while you work, management is so poor and everything is ran poorly you don't know if your working the Monday until the Sunday night, poor security protocol, very little help and no decency3
Management was pretty decent. A lot of the staff were incompetent and didnt show up for work. Customers were above and beyond great and loyal. Laid back job.
Disrespectful, racists, have to check your pay slip every week,mistakes with payment. Lazy, without knowledge and experience managers sitting in office and browsing FB, non-stop online on WhatsApp or playing games. The same time can't make orders right. Abusive and bullying in front of customers. Women has to do very heavy and difficult jobs,place is Not Safe for staff. Always short with staff,you have to do work for 2 or 3 people,but get €9,80 per hour only.
Horrible place to work treated really badly and if you don’t like mice or rats would highly advice avoiding as they are everywhere , worst place I every worked and I’ve had a lot of jobs.
Fun place to work. But was let go due to talking out of turn. Also manager had moved me working as floorstaff onto a subway counter which was not in my contract and I had previously stated in my interview that I do not work week with food.
Good place to work, only minimum wage and have lots of work to do for little money, management is amazing at the store and team is friendly. Need better security tho as we get alot of shop lifters and drive offs. Overall a good company to work for. Would be nice to get mixed shifts tho as we all put down flexible but seem to get the same shifts all the time.
This was by far the best job I could’ve had . The employees and employers were friendly and hardworking, so they would expect the same from a co-worker. If I had a choice for a retirement job then this would be it. I really miss it and highly recommend this place if employment.
Manager promoted from a superviser because the assistant manager refused to apply who would of done a far better job in my opinion. He on the other hand spoke to staff like rubbish sat in office most of the day, let stock run low. Petrol tanks where run way below legislation hence why people would come in and say the diesel or unleaded had ruined their engines, did he care NO. Out of date stock sold. Upsell awful he would buy alot of the up sells so it looked good on his sales sheets. Messing rotas up.
Avoid this place.