Applegreen
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Applegreen Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork4 reviews
I worked in ballyvolane applegreen for just under 6 months. I seen first hand why the staff turnover is so bad in this particular location. Manage by a lady who runs it like a dictatorship, her daughter is the supervisor, not really qualified, yet she only does one day a week and arrives and leaves with the Manager. Manager discloses staffs personal information information to other staff members and when confronted about it, she acts as tho nothing is wrong with that. Also don't believe the 20 to 30 hour contract as you only get an 8 hour contract and the manager will put you down to that if she feels like it and will laugh in your face if you question her on it , she will just stare that you only have an 8 hour contract. Also I was hired with the understanding that I would be on 10+ an hour and was only receiving minimum wage even tho my contract stated different!
Pros
Cons
Very enjoyable company to work for, the work is challenging but not impossible but overall the attitude of my previous employees made it very easy to get work done. Working for this company was my first job and going from no experience to 2 years of experience that will stand to me I am very proud to have achieved
Pros
Free Teas/Coffees, Free Lunches, Employee Rewards Card Discounts
Cons
Working some occasional night shifts
Big Disaster - all business taken over by Lithuanians who can't even speak English, and treat all employees like recyclable rubbish. Minimum wage, completely unreliable contract, the amount of hours differs every week even if full time position was promised. Weekly schedule changing every day. so no plans to be made and no life at all.
Good place to learn skills to deal with customer issues and complaints