Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin11 reviews
Challenging
Was good working with Applegreen because learned alot from there, it was challenging loved the atmosphere. Pay wasn't great for the amount of work that needed to be done.
Fired for terrible causes
Fun place to work. But was let go due to talking out of turn. Also manager had moved me working as floorstaff onto a subway counter which was not in my contract and I had previously stated in my interview that I do not work week with food.
Apple Green
While I was working at Apple Green I was working in the car wash while also working cleaning shop floor, fridges etc. I was also cleaning the four courts and petrol pumps and was responsible for taking out bins and disposing of cardboard boxes.
Dont work here
Horrible staff bad culture no morals
No career development opportunity

Little organisation

Absolutely no vision to be ethical

High staff turn over with a disposable attitude
Colleagues are great, management are horrible
There's 2 manages, which really took me by surprise. They were constantly bickering and complaining, always telling you that you're not doing it right when you did exactly what you were told. They tell you to do one thing and then change their mind and tell you to do the opposite. Small shop so manages always have to tell you that you're doing it wrong when really they have nothing better to manage. Became good friends with people who worked there, they were the only ones keep my head above the water whilst I worked there. I quit after a few months, couldn't take it.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, standing on your feet, always have to be happy even at 5am in the morning.
Productive and a Great learning opportunity
I mostly did night shifts where i would deal with the customers and while doing that i would have other duty's as i would do stocking all the minerals , soft drinks , crisps etc ...
I would also be cleaning the coffee machine and clean the whole shop and have it ready for the morning,
Cons
no staff discounts
I didnt work for Applegreen for very long, But i enjoyed every bit of it they fully trained me for the position they offered me, i learned everything from how to use the sanitizers to being full barista trained, the guys i worked along side were great they worked hard and efficiently.the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to talk to new people everyday
Good to start career
Nice staff, lack of commitment in the beginning so you have to create a culture of where performance is vital during the work.
Company needs to value more their staff in the stations, that is where the money is made for them in the Head Office, so invest in your people, specially in the management.
Awful place to work at
I worked in Applegreen and lasted just a little over two months. You get paid minimum wage and the managers over you are very demanding and bossy. Always have something new to complain about. Never out on time and no overtime is ever paid . poor poor management I wouldn’t recommend this place to a dog never mind a person the only good thing about working there was your colleagues because you had a good laugh with them. Asked for a payslip multiple times and still have not received one which is a disgrace as tax etc needs to be claimed back no free lunches you wouldn’t even get a free cup of tea out of them for your break. Breaks are 30 minutes and they have a very high staff turnover no set working hours so not much of a social life tends to be long working hours. Perhaps this is just the experience I have gained from where I have experience in but as I have heard all Applegreens are the same. I also wouldn’t recommend working in the bakewell same story there bossy and demanding
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management no overtime
Excellent Employers
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Happy with hours
Wages are not good and not much opportunity to advance as its not what you know its who you know, co workers are great and management is ok ...
Pros
I get hours I need to work around my schedule
Cons
Poor wages no rises