Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews for Artist

Artist1 review
Ireland1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Productive and hardworking but not in a good way
A typical day would be as described... productive and hardworking. However, the reason why I am only rating this a 1 is because the benefits of this job are absolutely non existent. You get no lunch benefits whatsoever. Your half an hour break (even if you're in full time) is unpaid. The manager completely took advantage of my hours. Giving me full time hours ever day I was off, even though I had college work and... a life outside the job.
The hours were the overall reason I left. Eight to nine hours everyday I was off college. It was ridiculous and unrealistic.

I learned to be assertive in this job and to learn in a fast paced environment. Especially when you are given out to on your first day for making insignificant mistakes. Speaking of which The training is as non existent as the benefits. From the first day it feels like you're expected to not make any mistakes. Also, after doing the 9 hours everyday you're off, you're made to do Applegreen and Subway (or whatever department you're working in) training online in your spare time. But nothing practical, that's a waste of Applegreen's time lol.

The management was explained really... wasn't the worst management I had but gave me too many hours.

The workplace culture was clique and stressful. It was all girls who would sometimes be gossiping away while you are serving all the customers and cleaning everything.

The hardest part of the job was being expected to get to grips such work without being practically trained. The most enjoyable part was... the break really. Finally sitting down.

Pros

You learn to think
 - more...