Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

I felt that the companies is constantly changing and that it that is why high staff turnover is present. The management at times can be quite stubborn as they are moved around too much as well.
Supportive management and support of HR Opportunity to advance if you push yourself. Mentors. Training.in all.roles. Chance to move to US or UK Great teams..
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Training
Cons
Salary
Poor safety conditions and poor management style in the business. There is a huge amount of admin before anything gets accomplished and bizarre business decisions with no respect for staff.
Pros
the staff
Cons
little to none job encouragement and awful management style
I loved my job in the company. they are a big company and look after their staff.it is possible to progress in this company I started off as night staff and worked my way up to management.
Pros
the ability to progress in the company
Cons
under payed as they only pay minimum wages unless you get prometed.
Nice staff, lack of commitment in the beginning so you have to create a culture of where performance is vital during the work. Company needs to value more their staff in the stations, that is where the money is made for them in the Head Office, so invest in your people, specially in the management.
Great company to work for, learnt alot and progressed well here. Friendly staff and management and head office very easy to approach. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to apply with them.
Pros
Chance to work up the ladder.
Cons
Wages can be low.
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Fun place to work all management get along which enables us to work better as a team. We have good communication with all of our staff and we all have fun at work in different ways. There is always room to grow. The company is always looking for ways their staff can grow within the company although the pay is not what one would expect considering the work that is carried out on a daily basis. My job is to run a successful shift, look after the money in the safe, ensure the tills maintain the correct float throughout the day. Ensure staff are working to the best of their ability but enjoying their day in work. I ensure staff are trained correctly and training books are up to date. I ensure everything complies to Burger King standards and that all products being held and sold are of the best quality for our customers.
Pros
The ability to grow within the company.
Cons
long hours, not great pay, not the job I want to be in.