Applegreen
Coronavirus update

Applegreen Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant41 reviews
Ireland41 reviews
job is handy enough, people working with you are good,but the management really changes the place. depending on how well the managers like you depends on how many hours you get regardless of contracts. Managers of smaller departments have serious power trips and treat some staff like lesser human beings
seen a lot of HR nightmare moments in my time working, managers bullying staff and showing clear favouritism towards others.

area managers tend to treat staff like dirt under their shoes when visiting unless your'e a manager.
Pros
The people you work with can be great
Cons
stuck on 3-11 90% of the time, no free lunch or even water.
This place is a joke breaks the law and doesn't care about staff regardless of what age you are. How they get away with audits is beyond me as they don't follow the rules or regulations at all. I've been working in retail 15 years and had to correct managers here on my entitlements as they tried to tell me different and I knew my rights better than them. Their prices are crazy aswell a usual pr
Pros
Any day you ask for off you will probably get
Cons
Where do I start alot let's just put it that way
It's by no means easy being sale assistant in big forecourt but it's enjoyable when you know what you're doing and how quickly you adapt to understanding the small things that need to be done on daily basis but the best part of working there is how fast the day goes when you've got delivery coming in and keeping up the sales while getting to know the regular customers and it just makes it nice to have good co-workers and regulars.
Pros
Free meals, very friendly co-workers, lovely regular customers
They don't care about there staff, they had no problem breaking the law leaving 1 person alone on site for 8 hours with no lunch break or cover to use the toilet, management didn't want to know just said no budget for 2nd person even after a fire on the forcourth and being told 2 staff must be working, they really have no regard for employees, stay away far away
Pros
Cons
To many
I worked with Applegreen for about a year and a half. My time there was always positive. I was very lucky to have great colleagues but also a great management team. The head office and area managers were also so helpful, nice and courteous when coming to visit and always had nice things to say. We never felt intimidated or worried about their arrival.
Pros
Great staff. Flexible shifts.
Cons
Very early mornings :)
With sincere honesty,

Management were beyond incompetent. Breaks were routinely denied. You had to check your pay slip weekly to ensure you were paid correctly, then argue with management to get it corrected. Staff worked before without adequate training. Staff expected to work ourside their contracted roles without proper training. Emails to company HR were never returned.
Disrespectful, racists, have to check your pay slip every week,mistakes with payment. Lazy, without knowledge and experience managers sitting in office and browsing FB, non-stop online on WhatsApp or playing games. The same time can't make orders right. Abusive and bullying in front of customers. Women has to do very heavy and difficult jobs,place is Not Safe for staff. Always short with staff,you have to do work for 2 or 3 people,but get €9,80 per hour only.
Horrible place to work treated really badly and if you don’t like mice or rats would highly advice avoiding as they are everywhere , worst place I every worked and I’ve had a lot of jobs.
Was good working with Applegreen because learned alot from there, it was challenging loved the atmosphere. Pay wasn't great for the amount of work that needed to be done.
Working here for about 6 months and gotta say it a fair company hard work is reconised and management is fair and treat you 100 percent. Would recommend. Room for progression also which is a benefit too :)
Very Big pressure from managment ,always trying to minimise to amount of people working on the site by adding jobs to people.Training is very poor and your expected to know it all
This company treats its staff like dogs. High turnover rate, terrible management coupled with no chance of advancement and little pay for the work. Do not recommend working for them,
Very enjoyable company to work for, the work is challenging but not impossible but overall the attitude of my previous employees made it very easy to get work done. Working for this company was my first job and going from no experience to 2 years of experience that will stand to me I am very proud to have achieved
Pros
Free Teas/Coffees, Free Lunches, Employee Rewards Card Discounts
Cons
Working some occasional night shifts
Horrible place to work. Worked there for years. Expected to go above and beyond for just minimum wage. Had to work one night on my own for 11 hours on one of the busiest days with only a few minutes break. Site managers aren't trained on how to handle any situations and don't give any support. Expected to stay on longer and they refuse to pay you. Expected to work 6 days a week with no thanks and chances are they wont pay you for that either. Horrible place, 0 training given, no benefits. I was expected to do the managers job for just minimum wage. All about giving money to charity when that money is taken from employees wages without permission or a choice. They take the tip money and put straight back into the tills so employees don't get a cent. Site I worked on had no air conditioning (which head office refuses to fix) so temperatures reached serious levels and all food went into critical, but they don't care. Also most cameras on sites don't work and head office also thinks there's no point in fixing these. Even after an incident where a person was very badly injured. Very short staffed and a huge staff turnover. AVOID,AVOID, AVOID!
Worked there for a year and a half.
Staff lovely to work with, management was good with the opportunities to advance within the business.

Shifts varied so could finish at 11 then start at 7 the next morning which can be exhausting.
I worked for Applegreen for 4 years. There is no opportunity to grow within the company. The management was unprofessional and when I went to them with a work issue instead of resolving it they went to the person and told them. I worked many Holidays alone even though there is always suppose to be two people working. We were treated like children with the manager even putting up a reward chart. I would dread going to work everyday because it was such a miserable environment. There are better places to work.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Worked here for 6 months ,hours we're not my flexi as agreed on contract no training given ,have to say it was the worst place I've worked in a long time
Was let go because they said they were not busy

Don't know how to treat the staff

If your look I g to join Applegreen I wouldn't bother ,Supervisers need proper training kids doing management jobs it's a joke
Pros
No benefits no allowances for lunch
Cons
Hours not flexible
A consistently busy workplace, which might not be a problem if every employee was given specific roles throughout the day. Under-staffing meant that employees would have to consistently jump between roles which was stressful for the employee and worsened the customers experience both in terms of service and food quality which further amplifies stress. Its not the worst place to work in general but I couldn't see myself working there full-time long-term.
Pros
Decent experience in a catering role
Cons
Poor management and company relationships with staff
I worked in applegreen for over two years. The so called managers of each department are no more than secondary school gossips. If you ever need them just go out the back and you’ll find them all gossiping over a cigarette. Whenever it was busy they were no where to be found and talked openly about other employees it’s a disgrace. While we were all on minimum wage and worked nine hour shifts with barely half an hour break each day (if it was busy you wouldn’t get a break) the managers would be in the office or as I said before having a smoke . If you want to be gossiped about,underpaid and treated like dirt applegreen is the place for you. PS the manager used a personal camera to record conversations? Illegal?
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Too many
I've been with the company for almost 9 years. There is a lot of opportunity for progression within the company. Salary isn't great and this is why Applegreen are losing good people. It's frustrating for management as we spend time constantly training people only to lose them to a better paid job after a few months. I personally love where I work and my colleagues are great. I have learned a lot of skills thanks to this job.
Pros
Opportunity to progress
Cons
Poor wages, no discounts or benefits
There's 2 manages, which really took me by surprise. They were constantly bickering and complaining, always telling you that you're not doing it right when you did exactly what you were told. They tell you to do one thing and then change their mind and tell you to do the opposite. Small shop so manages always have to tell you that you're doing it wrong when really they have nothing better to manage. Became good friends with people who worked there, they were the only ones keep my head above the water whilst I worked there. I quit after a few months, couldn't take it.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, standing on your feet, always have to be happy even at 5am in the morning.