Applegreen
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Applegreen Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

long hours. more u do the less thanks you get. management are hard to please, always had great time for other employees. but not enough to stay. its tough at times.
Minimum wage not justified for the constant tasks and responsibility for dangerous flammable liquids. Lack of perks such as tea/coffee creates a cold working environment. Regional and senior management look down on shop assistants. Simply but, treat your employees as you would like to be treated yourself and would go a long way in negating the negative reviews featured here and the high staff turnover
Pros
Cons
Pay, bad work to life ratio, poor Company management
Worked for applegreen for a long time I would not reccomend that anyone should try get a job here. The more you do for the company the more they expect from you. No appreciation what so ever to there staff. Worked for minimum wage for 5 years never ever received a pay rise no matter how many times you ask for one. The times are awkward enough also. Honestly the worst company to work for STAY FAR AWAY
Pros
The staff are amazing
Cons
Too many !!
I think it’s not i great place to work. Unorganised, unprofessional and unapproachable management if you make a mistake or need some help The Hours are nice is the only pro.
Pros
Very nice work environment, really helped me to develop my people skills. Fast paced and competitive. Staff are all very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
staff are very nice
Cons
shop is very small
While I was working at Apple Green I was working in the car wash while also working cleaning shop floor, fridges etc. I was also cleaning the four courts and petrol pumps and was responsible for taking out bins and disposing of cardboard boxes.
I worked in ballyvolane applegreen for just under 6 months. I seen first hand why the staff turnover is so bad in this particular location. Manage by a lady who runs it like a dictatorship, her daughter is the supervisor, not really qualified, yet she only does one day a week and arrives and leaves with the Manager. Manager discloses staffs personal information information to other staff members and when confronted about it, she acts as tho nothing is wrong with that. Also don't believe the 20 to 30 hour contract as you only get an 8 hour contract and the manager will put you down to that if she feels like it and will laugh in your face if you question her on it , she will just stare that you only have an 8 hour contract. Also I was hired with the understanding that I would be on 10+ an hour and was only receiving minimum wage even tho my contract stated different!
Cons
Great store and managers, staff are great but the work hours are tough as well as not fully staffing store on the day of a delivery leaving two employees to manage loads of stock and shop itself
The Sligo store on Mail Coach Road is one of the worst places I have every worked!! So unprofessional and the place has managment taht bullies the employees to the point of where they cannot cope anymore!! Cannot advise people to stay away from this place it is THE most toxic work place I have every worked in and I worked there for a year! And they also dont pay you correctly and make excuses when you ask about your money
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Applegreen?
Applegreen is an absolute joke of a company. They don’t care about you or your life and they will not give you a rota to suit you. You get a bare minimum 30 minute break for a 9 hour or maybe more day and if your late by even a minute they dock you 15 minutes from your day. Management are an absolute joke. I was bullied by my manager and there was nothing to be done about it but smiling and getting on with it. I wouldn’t recommend it at all. You don’t even get staff meals, discounts or anything of the sort you’ve to pay full price for everything as they don’t care for their staff.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, management is very poor, there is no care for staff even though they do alot whilst only on minimum wage.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Probably one of the poorest companies in Ireland to work for..as the incredible staff turnover suggests..a pity, it could be so different, if you want to work for a mimimum wage and have zero ambition, then this is the company for you...
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Dreadful management
Applegreen is a nice company to work for. The typical day involves serving customers, stacking shelves and cleaning. While working for Applegreen i have had the pleasure of working with friendly and great staff who are always willing to give help when you need it.
nice job, but low salary, friendly team,good job for young people, nice opportunity for getting some experience but no for months or years,
I really enjoy working in Apple Green it is a relaxed environment made some life long friends there and it was never the same day twice always something new going on which I like keeps u on your toe's and I get to speak with the costumers which I love
Pros
Good hours nice staff
Cons
Bad wage
Repetitive job, easy to learn tasks. Management easy to work with. Unpaid lunch. Learnt many basic skills required by many different jobs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Unpaid Lunch
My work load during a typical day is hectic, busy and fun. From the constant on-the-go movement to serving customers,making sure they are happy and helping them as much as I can, I am kept very busy. My co-workers and I get on amazing and I love working with them,a good work life with people you get on with makes the day go easier and faster. The most enjoyable part of my day is serving customers, as I am a people person customer service has always appealed to me.
Fast paced environment. Excellent customer footfall. Great Management infrastructure just can be hard to make the step up to take advantage of it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Difficult to step on management ladder
Apple green petrol station combined with an animal feed shop. I was mostly at the till handling money. I had to learn the names of the animal feeds for when people asked me for them and to enter into the system. I had to stack and clean shelves, I had to count stock. I had to make sure that people were not on phones while filling their gas, and make sure they were filling into the car and not bottles only canister that were suitable.
Pros
friendly staff and customers