Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews

Ireland124 reviews
Co workers were great !
But Manager had his spouse as a worker who bossed other workers and the spouse did not do their fair share , got time off when other staff couldn’t, no team spirit and no manner when speaking. No motivation only hostile tatics, no rapport with any staff, never answered his phone if needed. No job satisfaction unfortunately.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Bad management
nice job, but low salary, friendly team,good job for young people, nice opportunity for getting some experience but no for months or years,
I really enjoy working in Apple Green it is a relaxed environment made some life long friends there and it was never the same day twice always something new going on which I like keeps u on your toe's and I get to speak with the costumers which I love
Pros
Good hours nice staff
Cons
Bad wage
Horrible place no training pay stays the same regardless or unless top manager then when you get to manager they move you all over the place avoid avoid avoid avoid
Pros
Cons
No future/ summer job
Repetitive job, easy to learn tasks. Management easy to work with. Unpaid lunch. Learnt many basic skills required by many different jobs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Unpaid Lunch
I only worked in the Apple Green Garage for 2 weeks as part of work experience in Leaving Certificate Applied. It was a great experience I really enjoyed working there I got a mixture of everything such as stocking shelves, working on the till, sorting out deliveries, doing stock take and cleaning. I am so grateful that I have these skills for future jobs. Would go back any day and think it was a really good experience.
Pros
Learned lots of different life skills.
Cons
None.
There's a lot of silly rules and long shifts.
I once did a 12 hr shift and finished at 11pm only to start another shift at 7am. Found out via a friend this is illegal. Not allowed leave the station for lunch even though this is an unpaid break with no lunch provided. It really is a job for the young and I'm sorry to say naive as management don't like been questioned. Minimum wage, maximum hours.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Very low pay, poor condtions, long hours
My work load during a typical day is hectic, busy and fun. From the constant on-the-go movement to serving customer making sure they are happy and helping them as much as I can, My co-workers and I get on amazing and I love working with them a good work life with people you get on with makes the day go easier and faster. The most enjoyable part of my day is serving customers, as I am a people person customer service has always appealed to me.
Cons
salary
This workplace was a very monotonous place of work and provides no room for creativity. I learned how to deal with customers in a fast paced environment. The management is very local and does not provide space for improvement or promotion. The co-workers were all very capable of working together and getting the work done, Although due to being a small shop there was not much work to be done when divided between the staff. The hardest part of the job would have being dealing with the peak times with sometimes minimal staff. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the bond that was created with customers that came in as it is a very popular local destination for many people.
Pros
Parking provided
Cons
Not many hours provided as there was too many staff.
A typical day at work cannot be defined in terms of work load as it is a very unpredictable place of employment. it can vary from being very quiet in terms of customers to the almost uncontrollable peak times as it is a motorway stop off point for many bus companies and commuters. I've learned quite a lot in terms of customer service and how to deal with problematic situations in a fast paced place of work, i have also had to sit several exams such as manual handling and the HACCP exam. Due to the busy condition of the workplace the management can be put under high levels of stress but in general it is a very workable place to be in. The co-workers have all learned to work as both part of a team and individually and therefore creates a very productive and well kept atmosphere. Reasonable enough hours although night shifts can prove to be very challenging due to switching between night time and mornings. My favorite part of the job would have to be meeting certain interesting people that come in quite regularly and creating a bond with the customers and staff.
Pros
Plenty of hours work.
Cons
Very varied hours can be tiring on the body and mind.
It is shift work.I enjoyed dealing with the customers and meeting people.The job is not difffcult.The most enjoyable part is meeting people
Pros
meeting people
Cons
salary
My work load during a typical day is hectic, busy and fun. From the constant on-the-go movement to serving customers,making sure they are happy and helping them as much as I can, I am kept very busy. My co-workers and I get on amazing and I love working with them,a good work life with people you get on with makes the day go easier and faster. The most enjoyable part of my day is serving customers, as I am a people person customer service has always appealed to me.
Great atmosphere in the workplace with great customers and employees. Work not to hard but i found it enjoyable as it helped towards the reputation of the garage, which was of a high standard.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Temporary Job
Fun place to work all management get along which enables us to work better as a team. We have good communication with all of our staff and we all have fun at work in different ways. There is always room to grow. The company is always looking for ways their staff can grow within the company although the pay is not what one would expect considering the work that is carried out on a daily basis. My job is to run a successful shift, look after the money in the safe, ensure the tills maintain the correct float throughout the day. Ensure staff are working to the best of their ability but enjoying their day in work. I ensure staff are trained correctly and training books are up to date. I ensure everything complies to Burger King standards and that all products being held and sold are of the best quality for our customers.
Pros
The ability to grow within the company.
Cons
long hours, not great pay, not the job I want to be in.
Fast paced environment.
Excellent customer footfall.

Great Management infrastructure just can be hard to make the step up to take advantage of it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Difficult to step on management ladder
preparing food, making sandwiches, rools, paninnis, chabatas, breakfast items, changing old veg to fresh ones everyday, baking buns, looking after the shop
I was working most night shifts from 23:00 to 07:00 , I had to clean shop, server customers and receive deliveries. I was working only couple of days per week due to college hence not really earning a lot of income.
Pros
Great staff, easy job
Cons
Working night shifts
management gave unreasonable hour 14 hour shifts and lazy management would of been a better experience if staff had of done their job properly
Wages are not good and not much opportunity to advance as its not what you know its who you know, co workers are great and management is ok ...
Pros
I get hours I need to work around my schedule
Cons
Poor wages no rises
When i worked at Applegreen i was working night shifts because it was a 24Hour garage, While i worked there i learned to work the till's, and how to stock shelf's and present them properly. The hardest part about working in Applegreen was the fact that i sometimes i found it hard to work nights shifts one after another.