Applegreen

Applegreen Employee Reviews

Ireland116 reviews
ok place to work
long hours. more u do the less thanks you get. management are hard to please, always had great time for other employees. but not enough to stay. its tough at times.
productive and good place
serving customers on the till. packing the shop. make sure shelves are full all the time.
regularly do stock takes (inventory)

make sure everyone have a task to complete and customer service is in good level all the time
Pros
discount for break
Cons
extra hours if needed
Good to start career
Nice staff, lack of commitment in the beginning so you have to create a culture of where performance is vital during the work.
Company needs to value more their staff in the stations, that is where the money is made for them in the Head Office, so invest in your people, specially in the management.
Awful place to work at
I worked in Applegreen and lasted just a little over two months. You get paid minimum wage and the managers over you are very demanding and bossy. Always have something new to complain about. Never out on time and no overtime is ever paid . poor poor management I wouldn’t recommend this place to a dog never mind a person the only good thing about working there was your colleagues because you had a good laugh with them. Asked for a payslip multiple times and still have not received one which is a disgrace as tax etc needs to be claimed back no free lunches you wouldn’t even get a free cup of tea out of them for your break. Breaks are 30 minutes and they have a very high staff turnover no set working hours so not much of a social life tends to be long working hours. Perhaps this is just the experience I have gained from where I have experience in but as I have heard all Applegreens are the same. I also wouldn’t recommend working in the bakewell same story there bossy and demanding
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management no overtime
very poor place to work
i worked in applegreen and lasted 1month. shop used to be a spar and had great athmosphere but when applegreen took over the shop compleatly changed, business plumetted and staff moral was very low but management didnt care. when i left i asked for my p45 and 6 months later i still dont have my p45 as the manager refused to give it to me. woudnt recommend for anybody.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Good as a first job
For minnimun salaŕy yuo have to work for a few people poor managment and no respect for staff clients can offence you and you have no rights there. I had worked there for two months only fiday to sunday and whit no managment on the shifts . While there used to be two of them on obe shift, and managment used to give out if somethings wrong even if I was not trained in
Pros
God to learn languge
Cons
Poor managment.
Terrible place to work
I left because the management was awful, the links in communication was non existent, managers and assistant managers were not aware of each other's instructions which led to confusion and disruptance between productivity. rate of turnover spoke for itself, employees were not happy and left or were let go because of very unfair reasons. The waste disposal was disgusting , layed all over the yard with birds and the like picking at them and bursting bags. Would not recommend. Also no water privelages had to buy from shop, no discount or lunch privileges, leaving premises for break was frowned upon, found very costly to work there.
Friendly work place
My job covers from clearing tables doing dishes to keeping toilets clean .I work in a friendly environment with good work colleagues. Customers often comment on how good a job I do to how clean the station is kept. The hardest part of my job is the long hours as it's shift work . The best part is hearing customers satisfaction on jobs being well done .
Pros
Close to home
not so fun
did not like this place was in the company for far to long. long working hours and lack of care for staff. all the main people look after themselfs and not the staff
Its good place to work
I had learn more skills and experience about my work, good to pay, have experience in bakewell, allcoffes, customer service, knowledge about job, it's good
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Its 8hours shift
Absolutely dreadful place to work
I worked in apple green for only 6 months before being fired for refusing to clean up after the assistant manager after she used the toilet.. management absolutely the worst, long hours unpaid breaks and just a complete disaster of a company.. wouldn’t recommend working for them
Pros
The staff are the nicest people
Cons
Job for young people, low pay & long hours
I worked for applegreen for 2 years, the hours are long and unsociable. The pay is atrocious even at management level! I progressed from supervisor to manager within a few months which is good but once you spend the time & put in the effort of becoming management they want to ship you off across the country so not suitable for people with family’s. Very high turnover of staff throughout the company which speaks for itself. No incentive to move up the management ladder when you know you won’t get the pay you deserve and you’ll be expected to uproot your entire life and move site only to be moved again in a year or two! No respect for staff, your only a number with applegreen!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic sales targets
Not a great place to work
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, management is very poor, there is no care for staff even though they do alot whilst only on minimum wage.
Pros
Staff
Applegreen
Great company to work for, learnt alot and progressed well here. Friendly staff and management and head office very easy to approach. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to apply with them.
Pros
Chance to work up the ladder.
Cons
Wages can be low.
Awful Employers
Probably one of the poorest companies in Ireland to work for..as the incredible staff turnover suggests..a pity, it could be so different, if you want to work for a mimimum wage and have zero ambition, then this is the company for you...
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Dreadful management
Great place to work!
Great place to work!

Very busy and a lot to do! Work ethic and culture is very goodd too!

Very good place to learn new things, stock taking, food handling,

working with till and take care of costumers, and cleaning the floor as every day task!

Best people and stuff to work with!

Everyone is helpful and team player!

Salary is could be better, also shifts can be very long!
Pros
Free coffee
Excellent Employers
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Applegreen is a nice place to work.
Applegreen is a nice company to work for.
The typical day involves serving customers, stacking shelves and cleaning.

While working for Applegreen i have had the pleasure of working with friendly and great staff who are always willing to give help when you need it.
Atmosphere
There is a good atmosphere within the store and I enjoy working with the other staff.
The shop is a nice size and an excellent location, just short distance from the M50 exit.
Pros
convenient for traveling for me personally
Cons
occasionally there are short shift gives ex. 4 hours
was good place to work
i liked it but i didnt like working night shifts at the weekend. the staf were all good and it was a friendly place to work it just wasnt for me. but i enjoyed my time there
Pros
i got 30-40 hours a week
Cons
night shifts
average place to work
This Job should only be used as a stepping stone as it is low pay and unsociable hours and should only be permanent for someone with no ambition. No increase in wage or a way to progress up through the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No Management sturcture