Applegreen
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Applegreen Employee Reviews

Ireland126 reviews
job is handy enough, people working with you are good,but the management really changes the place. depending on how well the managers like you depends on how many hours you get regardless of contracts. Managers of smaller departments have serious power trips and treat some staff like lesser human beings
seen a lot of HR nightmare moments in my time working, managers bullying staff and showing clear favouritism towards others.

area managers tend to treat staff like dirt under their shoes when visiting unless your'e a manager.
Pros
The people you work with can be great
Cons
stuck on 3-11 90% of the time, no free lunch or even water.
I worked for applegreen for 2 years, the hours are long and unsociable. The pay is atrocious even at management level! I progressed from supervisor to manager within a few months which is good but once you spend the time & put in the effort of becoming management they want to ship you off across the country so not suitable for people with family’s. Very high turnover of staff throughout the company which speaks for itself. No incentive to move up the management ladder when you know you won’t get the pay you deserve and you’ll be expected to uproot your entire life and move site only to be moved again in a year or two! No respect for staff, your only a number with applegreen!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic sales targets
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, management is very poor, there is no care for staff even though they do alot whilst only on minimum wage.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Great company to work for, learnt alot and progressed well here. Friendly staff and management and head office very easy to approach. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to apply with them.
Pros
Chance to work up the ladder.
Cons
Wages can be low.
Probably one of the poorest companies in Ireland to work for..as the incredible staff turnover suggests..a pity, it could be so different, if you want to work for a mimimum wage and have zero ambition, then this is the company for you...
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Dreadful management
Great place to work!

Very busy and a lot to do! Work ethic and culture is very goodd too!

Very good place to learn new things, stock taking, food handling,

working with till and take care of costumers, and cleaning the floor as every day task!

Best people and stuff to work with!

Everyone is helpful and team player!

Salary is could be better, also shifts can be very long!
Pros
Free coffee
In the 5 years I have worked in Applegreen not one day has been the same, everyday has different challenges that must be over come so that we continue to be one of the best forecourt retailers in the country. I have gone from part time weekend work to now assistant manager of the site. With rapid expansion It will only be a matter of time before I put myself forward for my own site, Working with a number managers over the last number of years i have gained skills and experiences that are invaluable to me and will help me progress my careers further.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good working hours
Cons
Communication with Head Office
Applegreen is a nice company to work for.
The typical day involves serving customers, stacking shelves and cleaning.

While working for Applegreen i have had the pleasure of working with friendly and great staff who are always willing to give help when you need it.
There is a good atmosphere within the store and I enjoy working with the other staff.
The shop is a nice size and an excellent location, just short distance from the M50 exit.
Pros
convenient for traveling for me personally
Cons
occasionally there are short shift gives ex. 4 hours
i liked it but i didnt like working night shifts at the weekend. the staf were all good and it was a friendly place to work it just wasnt for me. but i enjoyed my time there
Pros
i got 30-40 hours a week
Cons
night shifts
This Job should only be used as a stepping stone as it is low pay and unsociable hours and should only be permanent for someone with no ambition. No increase in wage or a way to progress up through the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No Management sturcture
I enjoyed working as I learned sales and till work and gained experience working in a busy shop environment , I had nice co-workers also it was great to deal with the general public and improve my professionalism towards the overall workforce
Generally working over there was pretty easy, good work conditions but unstable hours. Other employees were very friendly and easy going. I have learned many thing while working in this place.
Good place to work and majority of the staff are friendly and helpful, very busy place to work for, i learned to work the tills and stock shelfs and present them properly and i also worked in the deli, making breakfast rolls, applegreen is a very popular place where loads of people go.
Pros
made friends
Cons
long and too short hours
Worst company to work, dont get even drinking water on site.. You have to buy drinking water from the shop u work if you are not carrying it, so forget about the coffee or free lunch things..
Pros
meeting people
Cons
poor wages, poor management
Apple Green was a good place to work. They have a good working enviroment and the management is very good. I learned how to prepare hot and cold foods which was great experience to have.
No life workin same shift every day every week sometimes six days a week fighting for ur extra hours money I've been told that i look too rough (?) basic pay on sunday bank holidays etc.
Cons
3 pm to 11pm 6 times a week (!?!)
Great place to work and majority of the staff are friendly and helpful. Management were always there to turn to and help. Majority of the time it was a pleasure to work here.
I enjoy working in apple green but i would like something near town its costing me more in petrol. To get to work ...i am flexable with my hours hard working & love working with people .
Love working at applegreen its fun fab staff hard working fun its hared work but fun i learnt a lot working in the deil cafe good management customs are great
Pros
Free tea
Cons
None more hours
Best to avoid this dreadful company. Huge staff turnover speaks for itself. Sales staff must pay for drive offs out of their wages. Management degrade you in front of customer's. Lots of silly rules and regulations. Zero job satisfaction and poor wages for heavy workload. There is nothing green about applegreen.
Pros
Awful
Cons
Poor wages no job satisfaction