Applied Materials

Applied Materials Employee Reviews in Leixlip, County Kildare

Leixlip, County Kildare3 reviews
Applied Materials is a good place to work. The people there a very helpful. Shift work can be challenging. The machines are very high tech which makes for very interesting work. You get to work with a wide range of engineering products.
Pros
Benefits, Travel, Technology
Cons
Advancement, customer difficulties, shift work
Challenging workplace. Work life balance can be good as shift schedule allows time outside regular working. If working regular hours, time off at weekends is similar to many other jobs
Today I was troubleshooting an intermittent tool issue. So far I have been able to narrow the issue down to a small subsystem of the tool. To do this I had to analyse tool data and run various tests.

In this position I have learned how to work better in a team and contribute to that team. The teams within the company are great and I always have someone somewhere who is willing to at least try and help.

The hardest hast to be the expectations that management have of you to be flexible to work.

Having said all that the team is brilliant, I can honestly say that there aren't many better. I also enjoy dealing with issues as they are my biggest opportunity to learn.
Pros
Opportunity to learn travel and experience new things
Cons
Management expectation that you be flexible to work extra hours on a regular basis