Applied Materials

Applied Materials Management reviews

Ireland4 reviews
work would consist of meeting with customer management to plan and prioritize the days work. work would involve repair and maintenance of vacuum pumps chillers and abatement systems.
good coworkers with a good sense of team spirit.

hardest part of the job was dealing with the workload at its height there were never enough technicians to deal with all the work and as a result it had to be prioritized on a daily basis.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of tasks from one day to the next.
Pros
varied work. good team
Cons
understaffed for the workload
Today I was troubleshooting an intermittent tool issue. So far I have been able to narrow the issue down to a small subsystem of the tool. To do this I had to analyse tool data and run various tests.

In this position I have learned how to work better in a team and contribute to that team. The teams within the company are great and I always have someone somewhere who is willing to at least try and help.

The hardest hast to be the expectations that management have of you to be flexible to work.

Having said all that the team is brilliant, I can honestly say that there aren't many better. I also enjoy dealing with issues as they are my biggest opportunity to learn.
Pros
Opportunity to learn travel and experience new things
Cons
Management expectation that you be flexible to work extra hours on a regular basis