Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews

Ireland152 reviews

Found 152 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,937 reviews

Fast paced

Fast paced on your toes. Not enough staff at times. Shifts can be a bit short notice. Staff are nice and friendly. You can get nice food if working functions.

Good for Casual Work

Worked with Aramark for events at Croke Park through the summer. Supervisor roles were given to anybody (most were not suited). Concerts brought on a lot of pressure but it was overall okay to work for short-term.

Oppurtunity to grow

Worked with Aramark for 5 years, started as waitress and at the end of employment I was managing two public cafes sites, Learned alot throughout 5 years

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Personally had alot of traveling but was own choice

Dirty place

Dirty place problem to work will all the staff all the place everthing is just wrong in old damage machines but is all about the money for the company.y

Some things need to be improved. Nice workmates and environment.

Need to work on culture and work life balance to make the job easier. Flexible shifts , accommodating hours but no organisation in management so work on it !

Pros

Free meals Flexible hours No weekends

Very life work friendly

I have worked in this company for two and half years and it has been the best company that I ever worked before! Good opportunities of work, and can challenge yourself!

Hard work all the time and no thanks for it, catering manager very negative, focuses on things not done and never praise for a job well done

No praise for work done, always negative remarks no matter how good work was done. Always tied to time. Management not very approachable at times. No praise for work done, focus more on the negative. Manager unapproachable. As long as work was done management didn't care about us.

Pros

Cons

No thanks for a job well done.

Avoid at all cost

Un professional work environment .Payslips not given each weekToxic culture.Expected to go way above pay scale.Work hrs cut whenever you speak up about wrongs!!!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Payslips not given each week

Slow paced and rude cleaners

I didn't get paid at the right time, it's been a month and i still didn't get paid..and they pay every 2 weeks 😒 Rude colleagues in ballsbridge in avoca Collegues don't do anything i have to do everything by myself 😒They don't help you if you need help The worst experience, i don't recommend avoca to anyone

Pros

At home time you can get the food that was not bought

Cons

Very very very dirty kitchens

Rude and unprofessional

The management are rude and unprofessional. You are overworked and can go a week with no days off as they are so understaffed. High turnover of staff. The managers will talk badly about you to other members of staff and demoralise you infront of others. You are treated with zero respect whatsoever.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, management, can go days with no days off

No Future

The worse place to work, No Recognition or Acknowledgement of any sort, If you Got into the Upper Tier, it's okay but if you end up in lower stage don't think you will ever get be promoted, and there is Culture of Nationality exist, which is wide spread. I can write a Book on it, How a company can Aquair Contracts, with out any Regards to their Employees. Shame on you.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Worse place

Toxic environment with small minded leadership

Toxic atmosphere with micros managing small minded leadership. CEO has zero respect or consideration for staff and this filters down to department heads. No work life balance. No benefits. Absolute refusal on hybrid working after 18 months of proving it works. CEO demanded and forced all employees back to the office with 24hrs notice with no consideration for childcare or family obligations, against government guidelines and before the guided dates. The work is fine as I enjoy what I do. But who it’s done for is the issue. 2+ years here and after week 2 I regretted the change. Avoid.

Pros

None. Basic 20 days holidays. Zero benefits

Cons

Long hours. No benefits. No staff events. Nothing.

Did not work for this company unless you're desperate.

11 years of service, never received a pay increase. All facility companies are the same. Yet Aramark have the absolute cheek "We dream, we do", as there logo.Their in it for themselves, exploiting - greed of the almighty dollar. Employee appreciation day - your awarded with a coffee and bun. You sit through a video from the CEO. Your reminded how special it is, like its an honor a blessing, how privileged we are that he took time out.

Pros

My bosses were generally pleasant to work for.

Cons

Everything about the company, it is a CON.

Good and Bad Days

Alot of change over the last few years, i do think they are trying to get it right but very hard to keep up with so much change. Work alot of long hours and not much appreciation for it.

Reputable company

Aramark are international company, reputable and well recognised all over Ireland and beyond. I'm very proud to be part of Aramark staff. It's awesome working with all staffs at Aramark and well trained staff with good moral

All give no take

Worked 7 years with Aramark in Crumlin Hospital. Too much work for basic wage. Unsafe equipment, not enough staff for how busy it was. No management skills, didn't care, rosters we're always late. I was dropped down to 1 day a week without any communication with myself until I confronted the mangers, was told it was for new staff to train even though I was with company 5 years they all passed the blame.

Pros

When I left Aramark.

Cons

To many

Good

Good company to work, a lot of training lot of changes but it is good to progress culinary director excellent personally and very helpful, overall good company to work

Can be fun place to work sometime,

The issue is basically no incentive and the way and manner people are treated and talked to by management is unacceptable in any workplace environment

Stressful

This job is very easy when you know what you're trained well and know what you're doing, it can be very beneficial. A typical day is very stressful when understaffed but the people who are staff are amazing

Fun, relaxed work environment where all staff were friendly.

I was told about a potential job opening by a fellow student who I was in school with. She let me know it wasn't stressful and still allowed loads of time in the evenings for school work.

Management / Company

Poor communication / training and development of management team. No induction for new team members. Poor ongoing support. Favouritisim with key staff. Would not recommend it as a place for education and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Aramark
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?