Aramark
Updated: 25 March 2020

Aramark Employee Reviews

Ireland135 reviews
Stressful
This job is very easy when you know what you're trained well and know what you're doing, it can be very beneficial. A typical day is very stressful when understaffed but the people who are staff are amazing
Fun, relaxed work environment where all staff were friendly.
I was told about a potential job opening by a fellow student who I was in school with. She let me know it wasn't stressful and still allowed loads of time in the evenings for school work.
Management / Company
Poor communication / training and development of management team. No induction for new team members. Poor ongoing support. Favouritisim with key staff. Would not recommend it as a place for education and training.
Terrible company
Pay you absolute minimum amount possible, cut your hours to the minimum possible. Horrible colleagues who scheme behind your back. Actually fault you for working late to finish without pay of course and they try to use that against you. Fault you for PRACTICING YOUR JOB. Disgraceful management. Don't waste your time with these people
The most enjoyable part of the job
Fast- paced environment. There is a lot of focus on problem solving, you need to be able to act and react confidently to any situation. There is a great level exposure to different companies.
Terrible management
Underpaid and really hard work, one of the managers was horrible, she borderline bullied her staff and made work depressing at times, the only good thing was the workers that I got along with.
The best place had ever worked at.
I worked at the aramak head office at Northern cross malahide, and seagreave house Dublin 4 as a cleaner for 4years, and I loved working there,and all the bosses makes you feel part of the company, I would love to work there again.
Aramark is a good place to work, a great opportunity to start your career in Ireland and practice English. The staff and managers are helpful and polite.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aramark?
Good company and nice people around you
Good work place and nice people around , family atmosphere and friendly customers. I left that job when business has slowed down. It was nice time to work for them.
Very good company to work with ko
It was a good company to work with and flexible especially if you are a nursing mother or a student or still relating children it gives you room to work and attend to your family issues. I recommend it for anyone who wanted to work as a kitchen assistant or studied hospitality. Very good company and my manager was a great lady
fun workpace
great job a lot of responsibility when in role supervisor is a great role i really enjoy it great company to work for they pay fairly n look after there staff correctly . you maybe start early n a match day and finish early on a concert you start late and finish late.
Fast Paced Workplace
The work place was very fast paced. You were expected to do things well and on time. However the time you were expected to complete tasks in were very reasonable and every one was very friendly.
kept busy
whilst working for aramark i was a cashier, sales assistant. to start the day i would do my float and cash up at the end of the day. i would do the stock count and restock the shelves. the management were ok . i learned how to deal with refunds and complaints and how to handle good and bad situations.
Nice shop to work in. Day fly's as it is very busy. But pay is very poor.
I actually like working in Aramark shop but I have asked for a payrise and was refused one. I'm on minimum wages (€9.80) and as a mother I find it very difficult to keep bills paid etc. It is a very busy shop and u only get to sit down on your lunchbreak.
Every day work
A busy place and they wanted me.to work like twho people for an minimum per hour income.

I supost to bring in the plates wash and bring out on the same time as it was busy and fast going the role was to wash the dishis for like 1000 customers in 1.5h and was like 2500 bowls and plates and cups plus coffe cups or just gtases.
short staff and stressful
This is a horrible workplace, you spend 11 hr 15 minutes in the hospital and get paid from 8h 30 min to 9 h 15 min. Half of the time they pay incorrectly. The managment is not organised and doesn't take their employees into consideration. Most of them have no formal training in any type of managment or basic bussiness.
They are always short staffed, having to do breakfast for 32 patients by yourself is seen as a norm.

When a person is new they take advantage of them by either making them work extra day (since they have no staff) or asking for "favours" which is where they do extra work without extra pay.

Overall the job is not difficult once you know you're diets and the actual job. It's a beneficial experience especially engaging with the patients and giving them the food they need to get better.

The job itself is 8/10

The work, the management and overall experience 3/10. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a minimum wage job in an infectious environment , the hours are long and not all the managers are supportive.
Awful and unfair
They do not pay correctly and are very fasts to ask u to work but extremely slow to pay up. I never got paid properly for work I did. Breaks were non existantand management was rude and unhelpful
Illegal practices
My Son works at a garage counter and has done over 6 months. He works 10 days in a row most the time with one day break. 9hr shifts. He has no access to a payslip. I'm pretty sure he's entitled to one and is also entitled to a maximum working week under work Time legislation.
productive and fun workplace
I learned how to work as part of a team and developed my interpersonal skills. The workplace culture was positive and management provided constructive feedback to team members.
Pros
development of interpersonal skills
Cons
Early starts
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Al trabajar en un hospital, es agradable ayudar a la gente.
good company to work for
i had worked there for 4 years and i enjoy my time there with a good fun
i learn a lot from customer service i would like to thank the company for help me to go to that level of work