Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews in Galway

This job is very easy when you know what you're trained well and know what you're doing, it can be very beneficial. A typical day is very stressful when understaffed but the people who are staff are amazing
Underpaid and really hard work, one of the managers was horrible, she borderline bullied her staff and made work depressing at times, the only good thing was the workers that I got along with.
This is a horrible workplace, you spend 11 hr 15 minutes in the hospital and get paid from 8h 30 min to 9 h 15 min. Half of the time they pay incorrectly. The managment is not organised and doesn't take their employees into consideration. Most of them have no formal training in any type of managment or basic bussiness. They are always short staffed, having to do breakfast for 32 patients by yourself is seen as a norm. When a person is new they take advantage of them by either making them work extra day (since they have no staff) or asking for "favours" which is where they do extra work without extra pay. Overall the job is not difficult once you know you're diets and the actual job. It's a beneficial experience especially engaging with the patients and giving them the food they need to get better. The job itself is 8/10 The work, the management and overall experience 3/10. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a minimum wage job in an infectious environment , the hours are long and not all the managers are supportive.
It is a very poor place to work. Hours are way too long ,12 hours a day. Management is awful and unorganized. They are also under staffed and calling people in on there days off to come in. Would not recommend.
Cons
It was a fun place to work. I have learnt alot. Have had few managers with different ideas on how to run the small business. The hardest part of the job is keeping the place tidy for customer's. We are always so busy. Not getting paid enough for the amount of work that has to be done. I enjoy serving the staff members.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor wages
Long hours and regularly understaffed. Managers and team leads of very little help the majority of the time. Free lunches are mediocre at the best of times - limits on what the staff can have and this is not even provided in full, especially at weekends. Bullying is allowed to continue depending on 'who you know'. Too much is asked of employees for 9.25 an hour. New staff are taken advantage of and some have worked 8 days in a row, with 6 of those being 7:30am to 6:45pm, the other 2 12pm to 6:45pm. There are nice members of staff and managers alike, but the dis-organisation and the points mentioned above make it an undesirable place to work unless you are thick skinned and want to advance in the catering sector.
Basically there is no chance for self development, there is nothing what you can learn only easy, simple, repetitive duties. Management with few exceptions on low competences. No chance for promotion..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small sallary
Working at UHG was a highly motivating role, in a busy dynamic and fast changing environment delivering a strong friendly and quality service was vital in a hospital environment.
Pros
Improving standards and quality of life of patients.
As I was only a part time member of staff there I just went about my work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aramark?